Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Sold/ ‘22 Gt500 on order
From now on, the low production desirable models will go for an extra premium.

They will make less of them and charge more. I would not expect to these trends change on top drawer Mustangs.
extra sure but 20k is 1/4 the cars sticker value……
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Well Ford is not trying to make less off the car than the dealership. So Im sure their will be something to combat some of it. They want that money lol.

Well if you come across some possibilities out let me know!
Are you serious? Ford sells the car to the dealer and then the dealer sells it for $50,000 over MSRP. Ford is making nothing on these idiot mark ups.

OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Are you serious? Ford sells the car to the dealer and then the dealer sells it for $50,000 over MSRP. Ford is making nothing on these idiot mark ups.
Thats my point. Do you think ford is happy dealers made over 3.5 billion dollars in mark ups? They are pissed about that.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ford produces these cars. Fords customers are the dealerships. The dealerships customers are us. Ford suggests a retail price. Dealerships are not bound to sell the car for any kind of subsidized price. The dealerships are selling each vehicle for what the market bears. How many times have you seen dealerships sell cars for under MSRP (before covid). Yes, exactly that, people pay what the market bears.

I'm sorry if someone can't afford the cost of a GT500. The reality is that if it is too much then they shouldn't pay it. If people weren't paying the prices, then the dealerships would have to lower the prices.

Bottom line..... Nobody is entitled to one of these cars. This has nothing to do with fair...... Not everyone gets a trophy..... It simply comes down to price. Pay it or don't. Nothing more to talk about.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thats my point. Do you think ford is happy dealers made over 3.5 billion dollars in mark ups? They are pissed about that.
Agreed. The article I saw today said Ford and GM are going to “crack down”. I doubt they will. It makes their cars more sought after.

Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
extra sure but 20k is 1/4 the cars sticker value……
True, it's a volatile market. I am speaking of future sales.

To play the current market you pay the price. Or go home.

If you don't buy, you do stand the chance of missing the boat. No future guarantees how long these will be around. That's helping fuel the buyers willingness to pay the higher prices IMO.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Their only re-course is reduction of allocation of the desirable models in the future.

OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
I'll give you some advice. Work your way out from your zip code and start calling local dealers as provided off the ford website. find a dealer who will work with you. be prepared to either have the car shipped or drive it back yourself. be prepared to leave an immediate deposit. if you leave a deposit, negotiate that it is refundable. lastly, get everything in writing.
Thanks have been. Local dealers and any within 100 miles are asking 12-20k

Ill make note of that. I had a deal out of state for msrp, told me dont worry about the deposit really dont have anyone on it or other option if you leave one its 3k non refundable. SAID OK WORKING WITH BANK ILL CALL YOU TOMORROW. Call in the afteenoon yup they sold it…… mind you this was the owner who was making the deal with me and told me you should be fine.
Still pissed lol

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford produces these cars. Fords customers are the dealerships. The dealerships customers are us. Ford suggests a retail price. Dealerships are not bound to sell the car for any kind of subsidized price. The dealerships are selling each vehicle for what the market bears. How many times have you seen dealerships sell cars for under MSRP (before covid). Yes, exactly that, people pay what the market bears.

I'm sorry if someone can't afford the cost of a GT500. The reality is that if it is too much then they shouldn't pay it. If people weren't paying the prices, then the dealerships would have to lower the prices.

Bottom line..... Nobody is entitled to one of these cars. This has nothing to do with fair...... Not everyone gets a trophy..... It simply comes down to price. Pay it or don't. Nothing more to talk about.
Again Tom, I get your points. I see your stable of cars and I’m sure you paid a low low low price for them as you are the master of the deal. As mentioned I could buy any car I want and if you choose to feel that somebody needs to step up and pay over sticker for a car then that’s your deal. Don’t expect the rest of the world to do so. Nothing more to talk about.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
is it 'pissed' or is it 'envy'? :)

Part of the blame absolutely lies with Ford. It would be a simple matter to scrap this allocation nonsense, requires all GT500 to be individual orders and cut the dealer completely out of the process except perfunctory offloading and paperwork. The price would be set by the factory, you finance with Ford Credit directly, and the consumer just picks the retail location they want the truck to roll up to, and the dealership never sees a dime, so as to speak - ok fine, Ford sends them $400 'credit' for being the delivery agent. The dealer never owns the car, never has a claim to the car. If the customer backs out and refuses delivery, then the dealer(s) can buy it for cold hard cash (or bank loan) completely separate from Ford, and it's branded a CPO.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hells Fury

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
is it 'pissed' or is it 'envy'? :)
Part of the blame absolutely lies with Ford. It would be a simple matter to scrap this allocation nonsense, requires all GT500 to be individual orders and cut the dealer completely out of the process except perfunctory offloading and paperwork. The price would be set by the factory, you finance with Ford Credit directly, and the consumer just picks the retail location they want the truck to roll up to, and the dealership never sees a dime, so as to speak - ok fine, Ford sends them $400 'credit' for being the delivery agent. The dealer never owns the car, never has a claim to the car. If the customer backs out and refuses delivery, then the dealer(s) can buy it for cold hard cash (or bank loan) completely separate from Ford, and it's branded a CPO.
Like that Idea!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Sometimes it seems that life isn't fair. Life is what it is. People will argue and debate over ADMs as long as they exist. Usually the ones up in arms are the ones that feel that nothing should be sold over MSRP. I think the only FP vehicle I bought at MSRP was my base R, and I had to have it shipped from MO and fly there back and forth to close the deal.

Either pay or don't. That is it. That is life. Not everyone gets a trophy or sprinkles on their ice cream.

I'm out, have fun beating yourselves up over another entitled ADM thread.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Who the fuck finances is a GT500? You buy it and put it in your garage.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Again Tom, I get your points. I see your stable of cars and I’m sure you paid a low low low price for them as you are the master of the deal. As mentioned I could buy any car I want and if you choose to feel that somebody needs to step up and pay over sticker for a car then that’s your deal. Don’t expect the rest of the world to do so. Nothing more to talk about.
See my last post. each of those cars carried an ADM (except the base R).

Its pay to play boys, but go ahead and find your best deal.

again, I'm out.