Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
maybe it was a flex to show that ford still offers a manual. or maybe ford didn't want an a10 mach 1 to run to close to the gt500 time
They should have done it anyway, to show what it's capable of. Scorch the earth.
Sponsored

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
I can't get my head around the idea of a track car with an automatic transmission.
Not trying to be an ass but F1 cars use paddle sift transmission no clutch on shift. Put the trans in sport mode, drive mode in track, and you have no electronics doing anything with gear selection only your paddle input. Only thing that would be better is if it was a DTC transmission!

Last edited:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Mach 1 is a great performance car, period. For some, it might not be as exciting to drive VS GT350/GT350R since it doesn't have the Voodoo and manual transmission, but that doesn't make it a lesser of a car.

The combination of unique parts make Mach 1 unique on its own, just like how Voodoo is unique to GT350/GT350R.

Sponsored

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
I had two, a 2017 and a 2018. A separation and subsequent divorce caused their early departure.
Did you have any engine issues on those GT350s while in ownership? I'm still leery on the reliability and maint costs for track use even though love the flat plane and addicting red line.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Did you have any engine issues on those GT350s while in ownership? I'm still leery on the reliability and maint costs for track use even though love the flat plane and addicting red line.
A tune can take the Coyote to an 8200 hard redline. It's not worth going over 7800 though from a power stance. Nothing to really gain above 7800 unlike the Voodoo.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Even on a mach 1 with the gt350 manifold?
Yes. The 350 manifold has really good top end and high RPM power but the Coyote loses steam above 7800. The Voodoo has better heads for the high RPM I think. Haven't really looked into a comparison between the two but the manifold tests and dynos have showed that power above 7800 is not worth going higher on N/A. You would probably need new cams to really squeeze out more. The 8200 redline is so you don't hit the limiter and save your engine from OPG failure.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Great job by the team on the Mach I. I must say I am not surprised at all by the results especially vs prior GT350 times. Having owned a 2019 GT350 for almost 2 years I felt that the useful powerband of the car was inadequate. Having gone to the GT350 track attack I was disappointed in the acceleration out of the corner. It's not practical to always be above 6500 rpms for there to be any indication of 526-hp. IMO the 350 is underpowered. My guess is the Mach I pulled harder on corner exit.

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
Yes. The 350 manifold has really good top end and high RPM power but the Coyote loses steam above 7800. The Voodoo has better heads for the high RPM I think. Haven't really looked into a comparison between the two but the manifold tests and dynos have showed that power above 7800 is not worth going higher on N/A. You would probably need new cams to really squeeze out more. The 8200 redline is so you don't hit the limiter and save your engine from OPG failure.
This is correct with my tune I can go to 8k. But like @Zelek said why. The 5.2 head is “CNC” machine before the engine is assembled. And the cam does have a different profile built for power in the high RPM. Also as @Zelek said, you could machine a set of coyote heads add some cams and springs and move your power band up into that range if you want to spin the engine to the moon!

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Just because the Mach 1 is a mix and match of parts doesn't mean it's an inferior car. It means the right mix and match of parts can become a superior car, and I think it has been proven now.
Sponsored