Sponsored

If you were buying a stripped GT with one option what would it be?

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
A10.
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
What color is your Prius?
Iā€™m sure the EB is an outstanding car in itā€˜s own right but I think thereā€™s a little irony insinuating that the GT is a Prius.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Iā€™m just glad I got a Premium with a stick.

FWIW, I didnā€™t want the PP1 with black wheels YMMV

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Black Accent Package. Full stop.

Davez17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Lightning Blue
When I ordered my 17 GT, is was a base model with NO options (unless you consider the color an option). The only option I even considered was going with 3.55 rear gear. I ended up skipping it and I am not upset. MY can ran 12.6@116 mph 100% stock (6 speed manual). Keep in mind that my car befor my 17 was a 01 GT Premium with 246k miles. A base 17 GT seemed like a 100 year leap in technology and comfort over the 01. I DD mine in the summer, and do 75% highway driving and use it as a trip car. I do sometimes wish I got an auto (so the GF could drive it when we are traveling). But she was not in the picture when I ordered it.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
When I ordered my 17 GT, is was a base model with NO options (unless you consider the color an option). The only option I even considered was going with 3.55 rear gear. I ended up skipping it and I am not upset. MY can ran 12.6@116 mph 100% stock (6 speed manual). Keep in mind that my car befor my 17 was a 01 GT Premium with 246k miles. A base 17 GT seemed like a 100 year leap in technology and comfort over the 01. I DD mine in the summer, and do 75% highway driving and use it as a trip car. I do sometimes wish I got an auto (so the GF could drive it when we are traveling). But she was not in the picture when I ordered it.
I have to say that I really enjoyed reading your short narrative here. For me anyway you have captured the essence of what these cars are all about. How many DD bone stock cars today with a stick shift are gonna run 12.6/116?

Sounds like you really enjoy it and it doesnā€™t get better than that!

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I bought a GT 300A with just the PP1.

Horrible mistake. Terrible. The missing 1/2 way decent sound system, SYNC3, adjustable lighting, etc. was really bad.

Traded it in on a 301A and couldn't be happier.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
A "stripped" GT doesn't exist and hasn't for quite some time...

To me, a stripped GT wouid be:
No pwr windows
No pwr locks
No pwr decklid
No pwr mirrors (movable or illumination)
No pwr seats
No SYNC (or associated roof antenna)
No A/C
Cloth only base front bucket seats
No back seat (delete kit)
Base bare aluminum rims (like new Bronco or old PI Crown Vic style)
No rear defrost
No rear spoiler
No strut bracing
No nannies
No under hood liner
No wasteful giant plastic upper intake cover
No illuminated door sill plates
No digital dash cluster
No fog lights
No center console
No cruise control or other steering wheel features (ie: non-leather, buttonless steering wheel)
Non-vented hood
No modes (driving or steering)
Base radio (or none at all)
Base rearview mirror w/o pwr features
No modem or associated components that are useless
No back up cam or associated "safety" devices
No POS tire inflator kit
No seat memory buttons on door

So to me, the above would truly be a stripped "lightweight" GT... however most of the above probably isn't feasible from a factory build standpoint and most likely would not meet current standards for safety regulations.

Oh and if I'm buying a stripped GT, why would I want to add back anything that I didn't want to begin with? After all, the purpose of a stripped GT is to lower weight for "XYZ" events or to simplify and eliminate any complexities that aren't needed from a maintenance or pure operational perspective.

If Ford wouid offer such a "lightweight" GT; it would become a very good seller for those who want a no frills, "delete" weekend warrior that is truly bare bones performance.

Ford, are ya listening? LOL . . .

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase

If Ford wouid offer such a "lightweight" GT; it would become a very good seller for those who want a no frills, "delete" weekend warrior that is truly bare bones performance.

You got it. In that car I would still want Power windows a/c (I am old and I live in Houston). Otherwise strip it down and lighten it up.

A better choice of words would have been a "Base GT" IMO.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Iā€™m sure the EB is an outstanding car in itā€˜s own right but I think thereā€™s a little irony insinuating that the GT is a Prius.
None at all really. You claim the GT base suspension is more than enough for you and anything more is just for bragging rights. Some could say the same about a 460HP V8 vs a 310HP turbo 4. I wouldn't because I love every bit these cars have to offer. For me PP1 was worth it at the $1500 that it used to cost. At the $6K they want now probably not but it must be to someone so more power to them. I'm not going to insinuate that they did it for bragging rights because there's no way I would know.

Sponsored

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT

No pwr windows
No pwr locks
No pwr decklid
No pwr seats
No A/C
No rear defrost
No rear spoiler
No strut bracing
No nannies
No under hood liner
No digital dash cluster
No fog lights
No center console
No cruise control or other steering wheel features (ie: non-leather, buttonless steering wheel)
Non-vented hood
No POS tire inflator kit

So to me, the above would truly be a stripped "lightweight" GT... however most of the above probably isn't feasible from a factory build standpoint and most likely would not meet current standards for safety regulations.

Oh and if I'm buying a stripped GT, why would I want to add back anything that I didn't want to begin with? After all, the purpose of a stripped GT is to lower weight for "XYZ" events or to simplify and eliminate any complexities that aren't needed from a maintenance or pure operational perspective.

Man, I remember back in the day you could order a notch LX Foxbody pretty close to this. It would have been close to what I would have wanted as well.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red

Remember the '95 GTS? It wasn't a big seller. It was a V8 Mustang in a stripped v6 chassis so no fog lights, no spoiler, manual windows, no rear defroster and worst of all, those crappy, flat cloth seats. I think Chevy offered a Camaro similar to that recently too.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Remember the '95 GTS? It wasn't a big seller. It was a V8 Mustang in a stripped v6 chassis so no fog lights, no spoiler, manual windows, no rear defroster and worst of all, those crappy, flat cloth seats. I think Chevy offered a Camaro similar to that recently too.
It was a good start. All it needed was HP. My 98GT was a huge performance disappointment.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
It was a good start. All it needed was HP. My 98GT was a huge performance disappointment.
I had a '96GT, it was a dog compared to even today's ecoboost but at the time it was fun. That car was fantastic for burnouts and doughnuts!

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1

No pwr windows
No pwr locks
No pwr decklid
No pwr seats
No A/C
No rear defrost
No rear spoiler
No strut bracing
No nannies
No under hood liner
No digital dash cluster
No fog lights
No center console
Non-vented hood
No POS tire inflator kit

I agree. See post #12
Sponsored