ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Let's just enjoy pure gas engine and awesome exhaust sound, auto or stick.

Soon, we won't have any.
There'll be a day in the not so distant future when we'll all lament and remember fondly the days of the crackling Coyote motors that are all over the streets right now. I feel the same about the old 86-93 foxbody 5.0 sound from my high school days. I could hear those cars from blocks away and identify exactly what I was hearing... the classic fuel injected 302HO w/ Flowmaster 40 true duals... Maybe the best sounding cars ever made.

We'll feel that way about the current Coyote 5.0's, but there won't be any real substitute available.
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
B.S. Only if we let them take them away.
You'd better be careful who you vote for for congress/president, then. But the regimes of the past 60 years have done nothing but limit/take away things from the car community, starting with emissions requirements in the late 60's, which have ramped up annually ever since and have also added fuel economy fleet average requirements. My 2022 Mustang GT has 10hp less than a 2021 because of stricter emissions rules ... the fuel economy on it blows goats for a car this small, so I'm guessing that's the next horsepower suck we'll see. Remember the late 70's? Heh.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
You'd better be careful who you vote for for congress/president, then. But the regimes of the past 60 years have done nothing but limit/take away things from the car community, starting with emissions requirements in the late 60's, which have ramped up annually ever since and have also added fuel economy fleet average requirements. My 2022 Mustang GT has 10hp less than a 2021 because of stricter emissions rules ... the fuel economy on it blows goats for a car this small, so I'm guessing that's the next horsepower suck we'll see. Remember the late 70's? Heh.
I wasn't able to drive till '78 but remember it well. I pumped gas at a Shell station when in High School and got to bypass the lines. They had a stupid system with red, yellow and green flags to tell people if they could get gas or not. Green was open for everyone (if it was your day, odd or even). Yellow was Commercial vehicles only, and Red meant Out of Gas. The prices more than doubled during that mess, Thanks Jimmy Carter!

I had lots of "fun" with the CA smog testing guys with my '67 390 GTA Fastback. Someone before me had removed 100% of the smog equipment from it. I don't remember exactly how, but I was able to get it through with full length headers, but they made me buy a stock air cleaner from a bone yard and install a NOX device.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I wasn't able to drive till '78 but remember it well. ...
Yup, a terrible time for automobiles. I wasn't 16 until 1991, but I remember the tail end of those times. Also, wasn't able to afford newer cars, so one of my first cars was a 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2-door. I loved that car, one of my favorite body styles ever made, but the anemic 260cubic inch (not a typo) V8 engine (de-stroked/de-bored Oldsmobile V8) made like 120 horsepower. Connected to the wretched TH-200 3-speed automatic transmission, it made for one of the most underwhelming drivetrains of all time. Smooth as butter, though! and quiet. I put dual exhausts on it thinking it'd get loud and it still wasn't loud.

Sponsored

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Let's just enjoy pure gas engine and awesome exhaust sound, auto or stick.

Soon, we won't have any.
Agreed. That's why I don't mind having the base level sound system, I'd rather listen to the exhaust note.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Agreed. That's why I don't mind having the base level sound system, I'd rather listen to the exhaust note.
Yeah I'm perplexed by "car guys" and all the hot rod shows and such where they prioritize putting subwoofers into the car. I literally could not care less. Not now, not when I was 16. Lots of bass doesn't mean good sound.... In fact, if bass is louder than the other parts, that's a horrific, terrible audio system.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
It always perplexes me when people spend a ton of money on car audio. It's the worst environment you could pick. Even in the best of cars its pretty noisy. The mustang is LOUD. Unless there is something pretty obvious wrong most folks are just blowing money.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I'm perplexed by "car guys" and all the hot rod shows and such where they prioritize putting subwoofers into the car. I literally could not care less. Not now, not when I was 16. Lots of bass doesn't mean good sound.... In fact, if bass is louder than the other parts, that's a horrific, terrible audio system.
I'm with you. Both my kids wanted subs a few years back so we had them put in as a Christmas present one year. I can hear them a mile away and now I have to unplug them anytime I ride or drive their cars. Its completely unnecessary.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It always perplexes me when people spend a ton of money on car audio. It's the worst environment you could pick. Even in the best of cars its pretty noisy. The mustang is LOUD. Unless there is something pretty obvious wrong most folks are just blowing money.
Yep. If it comes with the car or option package I'll take it but I don't choose it now.

Although back in my teens, I gotta admit I was all over that Pioneer AM/FM/Cassette receiver with the Jensen Tri-Axial speakers, that was the shizzle then.

Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Yep. If it comes with the car or option package I'll take it but I don't choose it now.

Although back in my teens, I gotta admit I was all over that Pioneer AM/FM/Cassette receiver with the Jensen Tri-Axial speakers, that was the shizzle then.
I think what I ought to do is buy a transducer for the driver’s seat. Im looking for that thump feeling more than really being loud.

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP Fastback. 1967 Mustang Fastback
You're right that a vehicle isn't a concert hall but if done right (read: expensive if you don't do it yourself), you can have a great system that sounds amazing that will only add to the driving pleasure.

I have a 13 Tacoma that I tore out the interior to sound deaden every square inch that I could. Build a subwoofer enclosure and all in all, the system sounds wonderful. I plan to sound deaden my Mustang in much the same way.

Last edited:

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
The standard sound system in my 2013 Premium Mustang GT was WAAAY better than the B&O system in my 2019 PP2. The 13 came with the CD player, but you have to have the B&O system in the 19 to get the CD player. My 13 didn't have the trunk crowding sub-woofer, and it sounded great. The 19 has the sub-woofer, and not only is it a disappointment in sound quality, it takes up too much trunk space. I wanted the CD player because I had a nice collection of CD's.
If the base overpowers the rest of the instruments, then why play the music? Just get a set of exhaust cutouts and run them out under the front seats.
Actually, with a decent speaker setup and decent equipment, many cars are good places to listen to music. As long as you're not listening for perfection.
Sponsored