Sponsored

GT350 or Mach 1

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Track? GT350 FTW. Street? 60-40 M1.

I bought my Shelby as a track toy, and I'm tickled with it. It's great on the street too. The M1 (no firsthand experience) would likely be even better given the low-end torque. But it won't be a Shelby. :wink:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I just went to Fords site and built a loaded Mach 1. Over $65k.
That's why I went with my 2020 GT30 instead.
I mean if you are paying MSRP or ADM on the Mach that makes sense, but why would you when you can order one for under invoice?

I really, really wanted a GT350, but I paid $53k for my Mach (MSRP 57k) and a 2019 GT350 with 20k miles has been fluctuating between $62-65k on autotrader, and 2020s are even more expensive

I get that for some people the $10k+ cost difference is chump change, but I just couldn’t stomach the thought of that for a car I would be using as a daily driver when less money got me a two year younger, more reliable daily with very similar driving dynamics. I do miss the sound of the voodoo though.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Went back and forth myself with this same thing. Ended up grabbing a used 2019 GT350 with 3k miles for $64k. Yeah, paid a premium, but glad I did over a Mach 1 which was coming in close to the same in my area.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think it's an extraordinarily tough decision right now.

Mach 1
Pros: warranty, you can order what you want, lower price.
Cons: for street driving the extra coolers, etc just mean extra money you are paying. It probably won't retain it's value as well as a Shelby in the long run. Direct injection means it probably won't last as long and might be more expensive to repair in the long run.

GT350
Pros: the Voodoo is awesome. The brakes are amazing. Good interior. It is a special car.
Cons: with the current market they might be overvalued. Certainly I think most used cars are overvalued. If you are keeping it a long time this won't matter, but if you are selling in the next couple years it might end up being an issue.

I'd probably choose a Mach right now just because I think the Shelbys are too high. Way too high.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I know this thread is specifically comparing the Mach 1 and the GT350, but what about the ZL1? Price range is similar and you arguably get more car for the money. I test drove one before I bought my GT350 but ultimately found it too cramped on the inside.

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
... the Voodoo is awesome.
It's incredible and worth the price of admission to me. The sound of the FPC, and taking it into the upper RPM range is beyond thrilling. I don't know that I'd feel the same way about a Mach 1.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Here's another question to ponder. Already have a 2019 GT350, and love it. Now thinking about adding a Mach 1 Premium, along with the handling package. The question is manual or automatic? I know most everyone will say manual. But I have that in the GT350. And as great as it is, daily driving it on congested LI NY roads can be fustrating and tiresome having to ride the clutch in stop & go traffic. Once on open roads, keeping it in lower gears, and high rpm's is intoxicating.
So for a Mach 1, manual or automatic? Let me hear opinions.

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
Minus the motor/HP

the Mach 1 doesn’t have
Brembo all 4 corners
GT500 knuckles
Does it have the same sloped front end?

What else is missing minus Voodoo?

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Here's another question to ponder. Already have a 2019 GT350, and love it. Now thinking about adding a Mach 1 Premium, along with the handling package. The question is manual or automatic? I know most everyone will say manual. But I have that in the GT350. And as great as it is, daily driving it on congested LI NY roads can be fustrating and tiresome having to ride the clutch in stop & go traffic. Once on open roads, keeping it in lower gears, and high rpm's is intoxicating.
So for a Mach 1, manual or automatic? Let me hear opinions.
I don't know why you would buy anything but a manual transmission. Just my opinion, but you asked. I think you should relax and have fun shifting in traffic. Practice your rev-matched down shifts. I prefer driving in traffic with a manual. If I'm just cruising at the speed limit I don't get to shift.

Evenmetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Anyone have both or have driven both? Impressions? If you had to pick one which would you go with?:

Used GT350 or New Mach 1
If you just want to row gears for street use, definitely go for a Mach 1. GT350's are great cars but more suited for track. They will probably require more expensive maintenance as well. Plus it's best to get those voodoos warmed up fully before having fun.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
had a coyote ... awesome motor... but it's no voodoo

the sound is worth the extra money. I loved my coyote car ...with the 10a and pp1 it was a beast...

but the voodoo is just special to me even if probably a touch slower in straight line

Evenmetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
had a coyote ... awesome motor... but it's no voodoo

the sound is worth the extra money. I loved my coyote car ...with the 10a and pp1 it was a beast...

but the voodoo is just special to me even if probably a touch slower in straight line
Agreed. Something about the voodoo and everything else the GT350 comes with. It will be a very special and unique car for years to come.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
The Voodoo will go down in Ford history as one of the best engines ever(despite some issues), Its the engine that makes the 350 what it is. The Mach 1 is nice and, If you are street driving you may consider it but the GT350 is very streetable (Well, the R a little less so)
Sponsored