Sponsored

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
All this insurance talk is going to make me drive like a grandma on the track.
I did the Mach 1 Track Attack back in August. I took out the insurance for peace of mind. I drove that car as hard as they would allow me to and not once did I feel like there was a chance I was going to lose it. There were times I wanted to push it faster but because you have to follow the lead car I was unable to. It was actually a little frustrating. That said I was still glad I had the insurance
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I did the Mach 1 Track Attack back in August. I took out the insurance for peace of mind. I drove that car as hard as they would allow me to and not once did I feel like there was a chance I was going to lose it. There were times I wanted to push it faster but because you have to follow the lead car I was unable to. It was actually a little frustrating. That said I was still glad I had the insurance
Good to know.

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
Just signed up for 3/30-31 if anyone else gonna be going.
Iā€™ll be there! Decided against flying in, instead Iā€™ll drive across from Dallas to enjoy some time in the M1. There are some fantastic roads to drive over that way.

Mach1man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 2001 Bullitt Mustang 2001 GT Mustang
I'm signed up for the two day class March 13 -15, cup tires and insurance. Considering driving from NY but winter weather might win that decision. I'll be tracking the Mach 1 at Pocono Raceway in June with Team Shelby event. Then later in June at Indy Raceway with Shelby American Auto Club. Track Attack should be a good tune up for the Driver (Me)

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
If I'm on cup2's I'd want it I think. supposedly they fall off a cliff in traction.
That's not the case in my GT4. They're not exactly racing slicks. They have a relatively progressive dropoff IMO... But I mean if you've only ever driven in all-seasons or something, yeah, it could be quite an adjustment.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Do you remember how much it cost you? After @glmarker mentioned the $5K deductible, considering the lead-follow style and my prior track experience, I'm heavily leaning towards "fuck it, not worth it". I can "insure" myself at that price. The value just isn't there unless the premium is quite cheap.

Mach1man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 2001 Bullitt Mustang 2001 GT Mustang
The insurance runs for $200. a day

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
Just signed up for 3/30-31 if anyone else gonna be going.
Thatā€™s when Im going to sign up for.going to be booking it next week.just havenā€™t Decided If will be flying down or driving Mach 1 there šŸ¤”

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Got a trackday coming up in may at New Jersey Motorsports park.I bin going there for the passes for 4 year with my charger scat pack

92F14B6D-7A6F-4DE3-9BF2-06FA600B078B.jpeg

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Do you remember how much it cost you? After @glmarker mentioned the $5K deductible, considering the lead-follow style and my prior track experience, I'm heavily leaning towards "fuck it, not worth it". I can "insure" myself at that price. The value just isn't there unless the premium is quite cheap.
If you do the second day (with the GT's, not the Mach 1) when you have a couple "open track" sessions without lead-follow, you may want to seriously consider the insurance if you feel you might be pushing it. November was my second two-day and on the last track session, I found the wall with their GT. Happy to say the restraint systems work great! And happy to say I had the insurance. I was more unhappy that I damaged one of their cars than I was about having to pay the $5K. (Which was MUCH, MUCH better than the $15K estimate.)

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
If you do the second day (with the GT's, not the Mach 1) when you have a couple "open track" sessions without lead-follow, you may want to seriously consider the insurance if you feel you might be pushing it. November was my second two-day and on the last track session, I found the wall with their GT. Happy to say the restraint systems work great! And happy to say I had the insurance. I was more unhappy that I damaged one of their cars than I was about having to pay the $5K. (Which was MUCH, MUCH better than the $15K estimate.)
Does the insurance cover both days ?

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
Glad you're OK, track insurance is good piece of mind. I get it when I track, nominal at around $250 here based on value of car (Hagerty), and especially since you're tracking someone else's car that you may not be used to the setup.

If I'm on cup2's I'd want it I think. supposedly they fall off a cliff in traction.
Cup 2s are fine just let it warm up a lap or so on correct pressures. I doubt you'll be pushing it that hard on that event anyway, plus I'm sure you had to leave the setting at Sport+ at the most, i.e. no Track mode with TC off?

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I had insurance for my HPDE days previously, so it was an easy choice to pick it up for FPRS.

Cup2ā€™s were warm as I was on my fourth or fifth lap of the last track session of the day. My point is, as the instructors mentioned that morning, when the Cup2ā€™s let go, you don't get the tire scream/warning that others usually give you.

As for TC, they have us turn the advance track off (double flick of the switch). Day 2 is in the older GTs, not the Mach 1s.