The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
I love the feedback. This is fun. Lots of passion which is how I feel about Mustangs. I've been checking out your rides and there are some sweet setups. The meter is swinging towards The Mach 1. Bikeman315 and Mikepol2 got me right in the feels with their reasoning. Also Sk47. I feel ya. ICU812, Cobra jet, WhinnRR, Greens550 and everyone else thanks for your input. I'll let ya'll know how it goes when I pull the trigger.

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Mustang GT
So how do you option PP2 on a new Mustang? Also totally confused with your transmission statement. The Tremec manual in the M1 is less reliable than the one in the GT350? Or are you talking about the A10, which is nonexistent in the GT350
Didnā€™t realize they did away with pp2 for ā€˜21. The tremec 3160 is not superior to the mt82 when adding power. Itā€™s all preference but my point is you can have the same features (w/ different trans) for much cheaper if you start with GT.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Didnā€™t realize they did away with pp2 for ā€˜21. The tremec 3160 is not superior to the mt82 when adding power. Itā€™s all preference but my point is you can have the same features (w/ different trans) for much cheaper if you start with GT.
Thereā€™s a whole ā€œwhy the Mach 1 is a ripoffā€ thread for this kind of discussion.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Seriously about the seats. Everyone who sat in my car was surprised how comfortable the seats were. Especially folks coming in from BMW and Porsche.
I saw your car for sale. That must be hard. I was curious about the XPEL and ceramic coating. Is both recommended? $6500 seems pricey for the XPEL but what do I know.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I ceramic coated the Mach myself for about $200. Iā€™m sure itā€™s not as good as a professional job but for that price it was well worth it. Never saw water shed off a car this well before. Used Car Pro CQuartz UK.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I saw your car for sale. That must be hard. I was curious about the XPEL and ceramic coating. Is both recommended? $6500 seems pricey for the XPEL but what do I know.
Applying PPF depends on your tolerance for paint chips and other damage to your new car. There are parts of your car that you should definitely consider. The entire front clip (entire hood, front bumper, and front fenders). Also mirror caps, and ā€˜Aā€™ pillars. Many also like to do the lower part of the doors and the front part of the quarter panel.

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Thanks. Will most likely end up keeping it if TD just allows me to.

And yes, itā€™s pricey but itā€™s worth it in my opinion. That doesnā€™t mean itā€™s the obly way to protect it. Checkout the PPF thread in Mach 1. I went all out but I am not sure everyone should.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Applying PPF depends on your tolerance for paint chips and other damage to your new car. There are parts of your car that you should definitely consider. The entire front clip (entire hood, front bumper, and front fenders). Also mirror caps, and ā€˜Aā€™ pillars. Many also like to do the lower part of the doors and the front part of the quarter panel.
Tolerance is low. Each chip takes a away a bit of my soul and that's on my daily driver. šŸ˜ I know not healthy but it's the way I'm wired. Love my car's.

Sponsored

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Tolerance is low. Each chip takes a away a bit of my soul and that's on my daily driver. šŸ˜ I know not healthy but it's the way I'm wired. Love my car's.
PPF is done professionally and it can get expensive. Check with your local dealers.

At that point thatā€™s part of the price of the car. Make sure you can factor that in your budget if you absolutely need it.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
PPF is done professionally and it can get expensive. Check with your local dealers.

At that point thatā€™s part of the price of the car. Make sure you can factor that in your budget if you absolutely need it.
There's a few good ones in town. I'll ask around and see who is recommended. I agree if I finance I can use cash to pay for the PPF.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
So the guy with the 2020 GT PP1 came back and seems to be separate to sell. So there's that. Up here they try and sell 2015 - 2017 for $40k which is nuts to be honest. Also got the insurance quote for a Mach 1 and it's $85 a month. šŸ˜ Multi car discount. Summer only car I guess. Go figure.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
So the guy with the 2020 GT PP1 came back and seems to be separate to sell. So there's that. Up here they try and sell 2015 - 2017 for $40k which is nuts to be honest. Also got the insurance quote for a Mach 1 and it's $85 a month. šŸ˜ Multi car discount. Summer only car I guess. Go figure.
Separate = Desparate....

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Separate = Desparate....
Hello; Don't know if the tide is turning on high used car prices but had an interesting phone call today. I had called about a 2011 Crown Vic last week to eventually replace my 21 year old sedan daily driver. I told him my top offer was a specific amount and no point to look at his car if that was not enough. He wanted about two grand more and was firm last week. So, I thanked him for listening to me and forgot about it.
He called today wanting me to look at his car. I told him again what the most I might offer is and he says we can work something out. We will see. Do not know if the car is worth having but it has around 48,000 miles while my old car has near 140K.

The only way I know to get the prices down is for buyers to walk away for the high prices. If we keep paying the prices will stay high.
Sponsored