Sponsored

Which Intake did you go with and why?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Hi. Have you dynoed the Steeda Pro closed air box with JLT and PMAS?
We have not. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Never an issue of any kind with my Roush, tuned and untuned, and it's been on the car nearly since new. OEM level fit and finish. Way back in about 2014 Ford Racing was to release its own version but it never transpired, instead the GT350 unit took its place.

That said, I've pondered whether it would be worth going to the Steeda enclosed setup after my GT350 intake manifold upgrade.

Last edited:

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Never an issue of any kind with my Roush, tuned and untuned, and it's been on the car nearly since new. OEM level fit and finish. Way back in about 2014 Ford Racing was to release its own version but it never transpired, instead the GT350 unit took its place.

That said, I've pondered whether it would be worth going to the Steeda enclosed setup after my GT350 intake manifold upgrade.
Started with the Roush Power Pac then removed the sleeve for the Lund tune. Very happy with it.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
tried pmas but didnt like the driveability, could have been another issue but i ended up with mishimoto tube and drop in filter and i liked the way that pulled a lot better. was a lot smoother and felt stronger to me.

Sponsored

coreystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
PMAS. Yes the IAT's are high. Especially living in Louinianna. But once you start moving it drops quickly. I've never had any drivability issues at all.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
What do you guys think of the Ford Performance Intake? Seems a bit pricy, but it's what the MACH 1 / GT350 have...thoughts?

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8B
Not sure the power difference is worth cost benefit ratio. Especially after including the larger throttle body.

You already have one of the best intakes going. I would spend my performance money elsewhere.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Not sure the power difference is worth cost benefit ratio. Especially after including the larger throttle body.

You already have one of the best intakes going. I would spend my performance money elsewhere.
Agreed if you have 18+ it flows great and keeps iats down just add a higher flowing drop in filter. If you have a 15-17 then consider upgrading to 18+ oem intake.

The iats on the FP or any open element will be much higher.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I had this same debate with my Charger SCAT pack...the CAI products couldn't really guarantee much of an improvement in HP but would increase temps. I live in GA, so I decided to just do the K&N drop in filter. When I started to look at the GT350, it had this kind of intake, so I assumed it was the way to go for my GT. Perhaps due to the FPC engine and higher revs, the open air type outweighs the increased temps.

With that said, there are many CAI options that are closed, like the Roush. What are the thoughts on those...just not worth the $$? Even with a tune?

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
With that said, there are many CAI options that are closed, like the Roush. What are the thoughts on those...just not worth the $$? Even with a tune?
Just not much of a benefit, but especially with no tune. Stock intake, drop in filter, tune for e85 if available in your area. By far the best bang for your buck AND still keeps iats down and maintains smooth maf curve.

The $ spent on a cai and tune could be used for a tuning device and e85 tune and exponentially increase the performance vs a cai kit for similar effective price.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase

slowdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation Duramax
did you happen to run that Velossa duct at the track to see for yourself if there were any results?
that’s a negative. Both done at same time along with other mods then car was tuned. I have no data on what the duct does as a stand alone addition. Sorry
Sponsored