Vehicle Showcase
JLT
Sponsored

GTtreefiddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
One of the recurring comments I read was that folks would prefer to have the JLT mount to something in the engine bay.

Are there any plans to add this feature?

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
One of the recurring comments I read was that folks would prefer to have the JLT mount to something in the engine bay.

Would be a nice feature. Without a mount, it looks like a dangling Transformers nut sack.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I ended up buying the JLT after seeing comparison vids, the comments/popularity here, and it being cheaper than other cans that seemed less popular.

BTW, for anyone interested, LMR has the best deal on them this weekend into the 4th. Under $130 shipped with the discount code. Not sure if they want it shared but PM them for the code.

-Emt1581

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

It's possible, our whipple kit(P/N: 3030P) is remote mounted and may work on a N/A Setup.

However to put this in perspective, the can weighs about 7oz empty. There's over 14k of these passenger 5.0 kits in circulation since 2012 between the original and the 3.0 all using that same OEM hose for mounting.
3030P-B.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's possible, our whipple kit(P/N: 3030P) is remote mounted and may work on a N/A Setup.

However to put this in perspective, the can weighs about 7oz empty. There's over 14k of these passenger 5.0 kits in circulation since 2012 between the original and the 3.0 all using that same OEM hose for mounting.
I'll be honest, that's been a continual concern of mine. I figured a good bump and the can might slam into something. But that puts it into perspective that since 2012 nothing like that has happened.

Would I be correct in assuming the added weight has also not caused any of the hoses to crack/break/fail over time as well or is that something to keep an eye on?

Thanks

-Emt1581

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'll be honest, that's been a continual concern of mine. I figured a good bump and the can might slam into something. But that puts it into perspective that since 2012 nothing like that has happened.

Would I be correct in assuming the added weight has also not caused any of the hoses to crack/break/fail over time as well or is that something to keep an eye on?

Thanks

-Emt1581
When the can's first released in 2012 we had to revise the fittings we used as they wouldn't stand up to the heat and oil over long term exposure. That was addressed in late 2012, early 2013 with glass filled plastic fittings.

Non-issue since then, you'll see once you have the can in hand how steady it is once installed. That hose is pretty sturdy.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
ford performance

GTtreefiddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Thanks - you sold me. When I'm ready to buy I'll go with JLT.
I appreciate the overall value and the added value of pursuing the CARB EO is a really nice bonus.

When the can's first released in 2012 we had to revise the fittings we used as they wouldn't stand up to the heat and oil over long term exposure. That was addressed in late 2012, early 2013 with glass filled plastic fittings.

Non-issue since then, you'll see once you have the can in hand how steady it is once installed. That hose is pretty sturdy.

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Went with the UPR. Very sturdy, mounted to the (in Australia) drivers side forward of the engine. Love the hose design and the build quality.

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
UPR best design, best quality, pcv delete, check valve, drivers side separator, easy removal for draining. large capacity.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPR best design, best quality, pcv delete, check valve, drivers side separator, easy removal for draining. large capacity.
Why would you want a driver's side separator?

Also, please elaborate on the factual data you are referencing with "best design" and "best quality".

Thanks

-Emt1581

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I had a JLT when I was NA, and now have two JLT's after going FI.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Ford Performance.

As has been said, huge capacity, and OEM look. Prob more stealthy for dealer service, or else they would approve when they see Ford on the top.

I just changed my oil after 9,000 miles run, and didn't check the contents once before that. So yeah, there's plenty of capacity to ignore it during the full length of interval.
Sponsored