Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Blow drying eliminates the downside of missed dirt getting ground into paint by towels. I always use my MasterBlaster if not doing a take no mercy cleaning. I still use towels sometimes after perfect cleaning for two reasons (1) I want to do a detailed inspection that requires, and (2) less mental workload - My car is white and nano drops from MasterBlaster first pass require a lot of concentration to not miss a few.
I use my Ego Leaf Blower to dry the car off after the two bucket wash... works great..
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Dried washed vehicles with towels for decades but after being turned on to the Master Blaster blow dryer, I could never go back. Couple the blower with a ceramic topper and it's eazy peazy. LOVE that thing.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Dried washed vehicles with towels for decades but after being turned on to the Master Blaster blow dryer, I could never go back. Couple the blower with a ceramic topper and it's eazy peazy. LOVE that thing.
Its on my list to check those out. I "like" the leafblower, but its cumbersome...

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Its on my list to check those out. I "like" the leafblower, but its cumbersome...
And leaf blowers are not heated. Master Blasters puts out a lot of heat which is understandable since it and other brands of car dryers are rebranded dog groomer devices with different hoses. Which is a good thing since it means they can run for hours per day for a long time. Probably more than a life time of personal car drying.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Adams Air Cannon is a great alternative to the Master Blaster. The downfall to living in two different states is trying not to buy the same product twice. :)

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
And leaf blowers are not heated. Master Blasters puts out a lot of heat which is understandable since it and other brands of car dryers are rebranded dog groomer devices with different hoses. Which is a good thing since it means they can run for hours per day for a long time. Probably more than a life time of personal car drying.
Can confirm that my Big Boi certainly works well at dog drying duties! :like:

jul124.jpg

With such a thick coat, I need all the help I can get.

aug113.jpg

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Mines ceramic coated.
Adams foam soap in a adams cannon. Blow dry. And add a ceramic booster spray every 3rd wash. I don’t really try to over think it.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I "like" the leafblower, but its cumbersome...
Yep, the hose enabled blow dryers are much less cumbersome. The thing I like the most about the Master Blaster is that it blows warm air which helps the whole process.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Is there a washing product that can completely clean a car solely by chemical means, so that you never have to touch it? I mean a workflow like this: pressure wash, apply magic solution/foam/whatever, let it dissolve the dirt, then pressure wash again, then dry. That's it. No sponge, no mitt, no bucket.
Does such a product exist?

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
I am a coin op person as no water access in my condo parking. First step was I did a 9h ceramic when car was new - wheels
, plastic everything but vert top. I top coat every few months with turtle wax hybrid ceramic. I’ve found an excellent well maintained newer wash with very good chemicals and use it exclusively. I find with the combo of the ceramics and excellent wash soap and rinse at a proper pressure the car comes out perfect. I then dry with a cordless blower and newer microfibre towels. Stoners tire shine and glass cleaner. I use cloth roof protection from 303.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Is there a washing product that can completely clean a car solely by chemical means, so that you never have to touch it? I mean a workflow like this: pressure wash, apply magic solution/foam/whatever, let it dissolve the dirt, then pressure wash again, then dry. That's it. No sponge, no mitt, no bucket.
That's one of the advantages of a ceramic coated car. If it is not really dirty I can follow your workflow and have a reasonably clean car. Not perfect but certainly good enough. I also use a ceramic based car shampoo which also helps. But to answer your question, no there is no magic solution to do this for a really dirty car.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
But to answer your question, no there is no magic solution to do this for a really dirty car.
Damn. :frown:
You would have thought that a civilization that can put a man on the Moon, create an artificial heart, or perform surgery on a fetus, should be able to invent a shampoo that can dissolve dust and dried mud.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Damn. :frown:
You would have thought that a civilization that can put a man on the Moon, create an artificial heart, or perform surgery on a fetus, should be able to invent a shampoo that can dissolve dust and dried mud.
It's next on the list after the Covid Cure.......

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Sort of.........

I have not personally used these two products but have seen them remove a heavy build up of traffic film without agitation.

Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam
https://bilthamberus.com/products/bilt-hamber-auto-foam-5-liter-169oz-pre-wash-snow-foam

Bilt Hamber Touch-Less
https://bilthamberus.com/products/bilt-hamber-touch-less-5-liter-169oz-snow-foam-pre-wash-touch-less

But.................both of these products are highly alkaline, Touch-Less measures a pH of 12 and Auto-Foam even higher at a pH of 13. Those pH levels are the reason why they work without agitation, but also strip your wax and most likely take a swing at a ceramic coating. Drive through touch-less car washes use these sort of chemicals also. I would also be wary of sustained use of such high pH chemicals and their affect on rubber trims.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Easy,

Pay a professional to do a Kenzo IGL Ceramic coating, then just rinse off the dirt and drive it til it dries. I haven't wash washed this car in over a year.

One of the best investments I've done to the car. I absolutely HATE washing vehicles.

IMG_1602-HDR.jpg
Sponsored