Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Agreed 100%. Quite frankly folks on here trying to put a ā€œvalueā€ on a specialized 900HP Mustang need to find another tree to piss on.

There is no monetary value in the KR. There isnā€™t supposed to be. Itā€™s supposed to be an incredible Mustang, which I believe it will be.

Value, is in the eye of the buyer. Personally I do not think a Rolex Daytona is much of a value but Iā€™d love to have one. And would buy one if I really, really wanted it.
Hereā€™s an idea, instead of passive-aggressively talking down to those of us who donā€™t agree with you how bout you just drop it? Your opinion does not make you right and frankly your arrogance is only making you look petty.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hereā€™s an idea, instead of passive-aggressively talking down to those of us who donā€™t agree with you how bout you just drop it? Your opinion does not make you right and frankly your arrogance is only making you look petty.
You are entitled to your opinion and me mine. Opinions are neither right or wrong. Iā€™m not talking down to anyone, even you. Not sure why you are taking this so personally.

Folks on here are entitled to bitch, whine, complain whatever. Hell I do it myself and have been called out for it numerous times. But I know itā€™s not personal. Just good fun and games. Come on Brian, weā€™ve both been on here for a long time. That said in the spirit of the season I will drop it. :like::handshake:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed 100%. Quite frankly folks on here trying to put a ā€œvalueā€ on a specialized 900HP Mustang need to find another tree to piss on.

There is no monetary value in the KR. There isnā€™t supposed to be. Itā€™s supposed to be an incredible Mustang, which I believe it will be.

Value, is in the eye of the buyer. Personally I do not think a Rolex Daytona is much of a value but Iā€™d love to have one. And would buy one if I really, really wanted it.
There is a lot more involved to the SA process than most people will ever understand. I only learned from my own experience with my Signature Edition GT500. Contracts have to be made with vendors, designs, licensing, etc. Parts have to be purchased, shipped, inventoried, removed, installed, fluids, replacement hardware, alignments, etc. People are employed to facilitate the whole process (for 100 builds at at time -estimated-). Many more factors, many more.

Someone has to pay for all this behind the scenes stuff, ant it ain't going to be ANY company, it's going to be the purchaser (just like anywhere else, in ANY industry).

I told myself to not get involved with this type of subject because there are too many people who think they know better. Fact of the matter is most people aren't willing (or able) to purchase one of these cars, and that's the real issue here. People think they can do a better job, make a better car, for less money. Better is subjective. Cheaper is easy, your doing all the work. At the end of the day, you will have a $40,000 mustang with American Muscle (or the like) bolt-ons, and thats's all it will ever be. Nothing wrong with that, I have done many of them. Bottom line is, at the end of the day, it will not be apples to apples. A true Shelby American car will always be exactly that, a Shelby American car. It will always be worth more than a JC Whitney catalog special GT mustang, period.

This KR is exactly the same as the SE, car besides the Whipple (and badging/theme). It is an amazing car. I am happy to see the KR return. I would love to own one.

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
900 (flywheel) on 93 octane, that's called measuring from behind the balls. Even figure a high side of a 200hp valvetrain loss, that's still 700 wheel on pump 93. Talk about living on the edge. I know the predator isn't all that different from gen2/3 coyotes strength wise. And remember folks.. STOCK OPG w/ FACTORY WARRANTY. <- As per M6G protocall.. Derailed the topic hah
There is a lot more involved to the SA process than most people will ever understand. I only learned from my own experience with my Signature Edition GT500. Contracts have to be made with vendors, designs, licensing, etc. Parts have to be purchased, shipped, inventoried, removed, installed, fluids, replacement hardware, alignments, etc. People are employed to facilitate the whole process (for 100 builds at at time -estimated-). Many more factors, many more.

Someone has to pay for all this behind the scenes stuff, ant it ain't going to be ANY company, it's going to be the purchaser (just like anywhere else, in ANY industry).

I told myself to not get involved with this type of subject because there are too many people who think they know better. Fact of the matter is most people aren't willing (or able) to purchase one of these cars, and that's the real issue here. People think they can do a better job, make a better car, for less money. Better is subjective. Cheaper is easy, your doing all the work. At the end of the day, you will have a $40,000 mustang with American Muscle (or the like) bolt-ons, and thats's all it will ever be. Nothing wrong with that, I have done many of them. Bottom line is, at the end of the day, it will not be apples to apples. A true Shelby American car will always be exactly that, a Shelby American car. It will always be worth more than a JC Whitney catalog special GT mustang, period.

This KR is exactly the same as the SE, car besides the Whipple (and badging/theme). It is an amazing car. I am happy to see the KR return. I would love to own one.
Now we're getting down to brass tacks as they say. Is a 1 carat Tiffany flawless diamond worth more money than a generic 1 carat flawless diamond? Yup, because the market says it is and people are willing to pay more just for the name. Is the same luggage made in SE Asia with a Louis Vuitton emblem on it worth more than the same item sold at a flea market? Yup, because the perception of value is there among enough people.

I'm not saying you wouldn't be able to hold and sell the car at or better than other car values. But one of the foundational elements of the mustang community is VALUE. If we didn't care about value, we'd be driving something else that performs better but is grossly expensive.

If you find value in an SA product, great. Knock it out. I'm quite confident all of these cars will sell. But much of your argument proves the point that the "value" is perceptional, not functional or performance based. If the SA label means a lot to you, awesome. From a FUNCTIONAL standpoint, from a value standpoint, the modifications involved are largely incremental, the one exception being a 3.8 Whipple. Are you trying to argue that buying hood props and installing them yourself is difficult? To the point you have to pay someone else way more to do it?

The Super Snakes are/were in my opinion, better value. There was just a much starker jump from a GT to a Super Snake. So the price tag made more sense. The GT500 is an already FABULOUS car. So improvements were destined to be incremental.

The achilles heel here is the warranty. Could you give me $56k and a new GT500 and replicate the car? ABSOLUTELY. The only item I see that's even remotely problematic is the suspension tuning. The rest you can buy and install or pick your favorite speed shop.

Does it have the SA name and heritage? Nope. And I'm okay with saying it's worth it because of the name, but then let's be honest and say the majority of the value is in the brand name and respect for the label, it's NOT in the performance improvements you get from some wheels and a bigger blower and a bunch of trinkets sprinkled in.

And your characterization of the alternative as "American Muscle" or "JC Whitney" while perhaps true of some mustang builds, is very generalized and presumptive. There are plenty of aftermarket vendors and shops who are just as capable and reputable as SA these days. While that type of build might not hold the same brand value (which is admittedly real) the point is for those who are more concerned about PERFORMANCE value, the KR kinda falls flat.

If they'd maintained the warranty, a better argument could be made. But 900 flywheel on pump with no warranty and some new shoes and some frills isn't worth $56k to ME PERSONALLY.

But luckily everyone has their own sense of value, so if it's your brand of vodka, go get one!:)

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If I was rich, id own the silver with those blue stripes, its a beautiful looking ride. 900 hp is crazy, but I bet all of these will be bought up by collectors for the most part, tossed into a warehouse and left to sit forever. atleast the majority of them, and that seems sad

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Now we're getting down to brass tacks as they say. Is a 1 carat Tiffany flawless diamond worth more money than a generic 1 carat flawless diamond? Yup, because the market says it is and people are willing to pay more just for the name. Is the same luggage made in SE Asia with a Louis Vuitton emblem on it worth more than the same item sold at a flea market? Yup, because the perception of value is there among enough people.

I'm not saying you wouldn't be able to hold and sell the car at or better than other car values. But one of the foundational elements of the mustang community is VALUE. If we didn't care about value, we'd be driving something else that performs better but is grossly expensive.

If you find value in an SA product, great. Knock it out. I'm quite confident all of these cars will sell. But much of your argument proves the point that the "value" is perceptional, not functional or performance based. If the SA label means a lot to you, awesome. From a FUNCTIONAL standpoint, from a value standpoint, the modifications involved are largely incremental, the one exception being a 3.8 Whipple. Are you trying to argue that buying hood props and installing them yourself is difficult? To the point you have to pay someone else way more to do it?

The Super Snakes are/were in my opinion, better value. There was just a much starker jump from a GT to a Super Snake. So the price tag made more sense. The GT500 is an already FABULOUS car. So improvements were destined to be incremental.

The achilles heel here is the warranty. Could you give me $56k and a new GT500 and replicate the car? ABSOLUTELY. The only item I see that's even remotely problematic is the suspension tuning. The rest you can buy and install or pick your favorite speed shop.

Does it have the SA name and heritage? Nope. And I'm okay with saying it's worth it because of the name, but then let's be honest and say the majority of the value is in the brand name and respect for the label, it's NOT in the performance improvements you get from some wheels and a bigger blower and a bunch of trinkets sprinkled in.

And your characterization of the alternative as "American Muscle" or "JC Whitney" while perhaps true of some mustang builds, is very generalized and presumptive. There are plenty of aftermarket vendors and shops who are just as capable and reputable as SA these days. While that type of build might not hold the same brand value (which is admittedly real) the point is for those who are more concerned about PERFORMANCE value, the KR kinda falls flat.

If they'd maintained the warranty, a better argument could be made. But 900 flywheel on pump with no warranty and some new shoes and some frills isn't worth $56k to ME PERSONALLY.

But luckily everyone has their own sense of value, so if it's your brand of vodka, go get one!:)
I donā€™t disagree with your points.

My only point is there is more involved in an SA car than what parts get installed, which adds to the controversial pricing. If you think Iā€™m justifying the price tag, Iā€™m not. Thatā€™s not up to us to decide. Either buy it, or donā€™t

As far as the vendor, you could substitute any place, I even mentioned ā€œor the likeā€. Point remains the same, owner supplied and installed parts that anyone can buy. Part of the value you get buying an SA car is the fact that they are itemized, registered and licensed as a SA parts, which helps the value of the car in the long run. This is not the same when you buy your own parts and throw them on car and try to recoup your money down the road.

Buy and do what makes yourself happy, thatā€™s what matters. Screw everyone else.

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
"Buy and do what makes makes yourself happy... " Should the wife's happiness factor in? Asking clarification for a friend wanting to making some sort of upgrade on their GT500 :sunglasses:
Lol, only you can answer that question. Iā€™m sure youā€™ve tested the waters once or twice in your marriage. Only you know if itā€™s safe to dip your toe in.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You are entitled to your opinion and me mine. Opinions are neither right or wrong. Iā€™m not talking down to anyone, even you. Not sure why you are taking this so personally.

Folks on here are entitled to bitch, whine, complain whatever. Hell I do it myself and have been called out for it numerous times. But I know itā€™s not personal. Just good fun and games. Come on Brian, weā€™ve both been on here for a long time. That said in the spirit of the season I will drop it. :like::handshake:
My point was that no one is in here inferring people are dumb for liking this offering, and likewise you shouldnā€™t be in here talking down to anyone for not liking it, which is exactly what you did when you said:
So, as expected (see other GT500 KR thread) a bunch of whiny negative comments. Instead of looking for the good we immediately jump to the bad. Unfortunately this says a lot about the current state of our forum.
The negative discourse on here doesnā€™t change because people refuse to change it.

Agreed it should be dropped, but if you honestly believe we should all have opinions then you should also agree we donā€™t need to be disparaging others as ā€œwhinyā€ and ā€œnegativeā€ when they express an opinion you donā€™t share.

šŸ»

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
My point was that no one is in here inferring people are dumb for liking this offering, and likewise you shouldnā€™t be in here talking down to anyone for not liking it, which is exactly what you did when you said:

The negative discourse on here doesnā€™t change because people refuse to change it.

Agreed it should be dropped, but if you honestly believe we should all have opinions then you should also agree we donā€™t need to be disparaging others as ā€œwhinyā€ and ā€œnegativeā€ when they express an opinion you donā€™t share.

šŸ»
Well said. I have less of a problem with the conflict on forums (and the interwebs in general) and more of a problem with lack of content.

You disagree with something. Fine. You disagree with it and resort to disparaging or insulting or personal attacks....fine (although it's less productive). What's most troubling is not offering any merit based counter arguments or claims.

John likes or dislikes something. He lays out the basis of his argument. Bob disagrees and throws in some colorful adjectives or ad hominem attacks, but offers very little by way of a retort or a different perspective.

I have no problem with debate, even heated or even nasty debate, but exchange becomes useless when it's just mindless "you're an asshole and you're wrong and I'm right" with no offering other than disagreement.

Healthy debate and exchange is very useful. Mindless exchange is just clutter.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Read the fine-print under Exterior & Interior Features: ā€œPower features void manufactures power train warranty.ā€
My point was that in order for this package to obtain an exemption or emissions legal certification, it cannot negatively affect the cats (for example) in terms of their function or their life. There was no way Ford would carry responsibility here, this one is on Shelby. Unless Shelby has their own cat to certify...

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
My point was that in order for this package to obtain an exemption or emissions legal certification, it cannot negatively affect the cats (for example) in terms of their function or their life. There was no way Ford would carry responsibility here, this one is on Shelby. Unless Shelby has their own cat to certify...
I could be very wrong, but I think Shelby will keep with OEM to keep it 50 states legal. Awhile back, I enquired to Shelby American about upgrading the headers on my '17 Super Snake from factory (whether the tune had the parameters built in for aftermarket headers), and they unequivocally stated that the car was designed with stock cats in mind and any alteration would no longer make it 50 states legals, and require a tune. It was likely legalize speech since it was an email, but I'm guessing they figured out a tune/system utilizing the stock cats.

Emissions are definitely making some tuning companies pucker a bit.

The interesting part was that I was still able to maintain a warranty through Ford with the car.
Sponsored