Sponsored

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
I just spent an hour of my " LIFE WHICH AT MY AGE I CAN'T SPARE" reading all the PRO'S opining on this MUSTANG FORUM SUBJECT " Everyone has their own opinion which you are certainly entitled to.
When I see $$ figures of 100K all the way to 200K thrown out for discussion "Is it worth it ? Hell Yes , Hell No " Hurry up and get one because in 2-4 years we will all have a GOV. Mandated EV shoved up our asses . My question is ........ How many of US are gonna use 800-900 HP with all the
bells and bullshit tacked on at obscene prices to their MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE ? Yep, you gonna look "Badass" driving down main street and turn plenty of heads . But not all of us live near a Race Track that we can take these cars to their MAX Performance . Unless you are an Amateur weekend warrior Racer and can afford all it takes to actually DO THAT , It is a ridicules waste of $$$. to pay for a car .
Granted some of ya'll may have big bucks to enjoy driving that massive beast on a track and "Givin' IT ALL SHE's GOT Captain ". What do you have at the end of your TRACK TIME besides a massive Erection" ... You can get "THAT ON LINE " for $2 per tablet .
My take on this ,agree or don't ..Is it's a huge waste of $$$ for what you get. Look, folks ..$100-200K ,You could get a used INFINITY "CUP CAR" and get out there with the "BIG BOYS" and take it Balls to the Wall" , Providing you are educated to drive a car to it's maximum performance and IF you are . You get a " CHECK" for real money !! .{IF YOU ARE ANY GOOD }. Why spend that much $$$ to ride up and down the street on Saturday nights to "TURN HEADS" .. Is EGO a factor here ? As long as the People that make these over-priced cars prey on our "Gotta Have It" attitude , Prices will continue to rise and Quality will be in the "Don't Give a Damn They'll Pay " category . You can get screwed for a LOT LESS $$$$ and probably enjoy it more . That's why they only build 200-300 of the cars . They know we think we really gotta get it , ain't gonna be any more built . Like another member mentioned , You can take a BASE STANG , for $ 40K and spend 30-40K and you got the same shit power/performance wise as those Pricks want to charge you $150K Plus For the Badging/Name /and Paper work along with the "Intangible Feeling " that you own one .
Ok. Please no smartass remarks on spelling, Caps" , ETC ... I don't pretend to be a journalist . Just a Realist . For what THAT'S worth .. Probably Nothing ...... Junqdawg ..

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Wow. Knew THE KR was coming from the hit. Super bummed Ford didn’t see it through. The CEO changes and pivoting then pivoting again in terms of corporate vision is just sad.

At least it’s coming out at all. But really should have been a Ford build.

not only would that bring the trust in quality way up, but it helps in the discussion when comparing cars from manufacturers.

it’s still good to see it happen.

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I just spent an hour of my " LIFE WHICH AT MY AGE I CAN'T SPARE" reading all the PRO'S opining on this MUSTANG FORUM SUBJECT " Everyone has their own opinion which you are certainly entitled to.
When I see $$ figures of 100K all the way to 200K thrown out for discussion "Is it worth it ? Hell Yes , Hell No " Hurry up and get one because in 2-4 years we will all have a GOV. Mandated EV shoved up our asses . My question is ........ How many of US are gonna use 800-900 HP with all the
bells and bullshit tacked on at obscene prices to their MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE ? Yep, you gonna look "Badass" driving down main street and turn plenty of heads . But not all of us live near a Race Track that we can take these cars to their MAX Performance . Unless you are an Amateur weekend warrior Racer and can afford all it takes to actually DO THAT , It is a ridicules waste of $$$. to pay for a car .
Granted some of ya'll may have big bucks to enjoy driving that massive beast on a track and "Givin' IT ALL SHE's GOT Captain ". What do you have at the end of your TRACK TIME besides a massive Erection" ... You can get "THAT ON LINE " for $2 per tablet .
My take on this ,agree or don't ..Is it's a huge waste of $$$ for what you get. Look, folks ..$100-200K ,You could get a used INFINITY "CUP CAR" and get out there with the "BIG BOYS" and take it Balls to the Wall" , Providing you are educated to drive a car to it's maximum performance and IF you are . You get a " CHECK" for real money !! .{IF YOU ARE ANY GOOD }. Why spend that much $$$ to ride up and down the street on Saturday nights to "TURN HEADS" .. Is EGO a factor here ? As long as the People that make these over-priced cars prey on our "Gotta Have It" attitude , Prices will continue to rise and Quality will be in the "Don't Give a Damn They'll Pay " category . You can get screwed for a LOT LESS $$$$ and probably enjoy it more . That's why they only build 200-300 of the cars . They know we think we really gotta get it , ain't gonna be any more built . Like another member mentioned , You can take a BASE STANG , for $ 40K and spend 30-40K and you got the same shit power/performance wise as those Pricks want to charge you $150K Plus For the Badging/Name /and Paper work along with the "Intangible Feeling " that you own one .
Ok. Please no smartass remarks on spelling, Caps" , ETC ... I don't pretend to be a journalist . Just a Realist . For what THAT'S worth .. Probably Nothing ...... Junqdawg ..
Great post

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You can use that exact same argument for any car. Why do you have to have a mustang when a Geo Metro can still get you from A to B?
I don’t care what another person does with their money since I didn’t earn it. And with that means I don’t care what anyone thinks of how I spend mine.

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
You can use that exact same argument for any car. Why do you have to have a mustang when a Geo Metro can still get you from A to B?
I don’t care what another person does with their money since I didn’t earn it. And with that means I don’t care what anyone thinks of how I spend mine.
To add to that, most cars can do 100mph, but tell me where we can do that on our daily drives? How soon after I mash the accelerator can I get to the local speed limit is something I enjoy. Paying to do it faster is like backcountry hikers paying double to save a pound in their gear.

Enjoy what you like to do to the fullest, tomorrow isn't promised to any of us, and the gate keeper isn't taking cash in exchange for perks... That would be a game changer for me personally... 🤭

Sponsored

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
I wonder if the $10k stripe cars are gonna pony up for a new hood and decide if the new paint is a match... PPF over Vinyl stripes is costly enough to redo with new vinyl when you consider the PPF on the front fenders and doors will also be removed (if a vinyl stripe there already add the rear fenders) to accommodate the mandatory new side stripes...

I hope Shelby decides to run with OEM colors for stipes and not 1 of the other 100 shades of each color.

While I'm at it, incase someone is watching and looking for pointers, I also hope to see about $10k in CF bits added to what's listed...Swing, Wickers, side skirts w/ extensions, bumper cover, and hood vent(s)....

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if the $10k stripe cars are gonna pony up for a new hood and decide if the new paint is a match... PPF over Vinyl stripes is costly enough to redo with new vinyl when you consider the PPF on the front fenders and doors will also be removed (if a vinyl stripe there already add the rear fenders) to accommodate the mandatory new side stripes...

I hope Shelby decides to run with OEM colors for stipes and not 1 of the other 100 shades of each color.

While I'm at it, incase someone is watching and looking for pointers, I also hope to see about $10k in CF bits added to what's listed...Swing, Wickers, side skirts w/ extensions, bumper cover, and hood vent(s)....
When I built my car, painted stripes could be any color under the sun. If you wanted 1978 Ford Pinto Monkey Puke Green, you could have it. They aren't even restricting you to Ford colors.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
900+ crank hp? I'll believe it when I see it. It seems most aftermarket manufacturers that have these packages are exceptionally generous when it comes to drivetrain losses, and assume an antiquated 18-20% loss, applying that factor to a generous dyno result, thus overrating the crank hp, which causes the hp rating to be out of whack compared to factory SAE ratings. For this to make 900 crank hp it would need to make about 790-800 SAE rwhp +/-. We'll see.

that has like 260 less HP and will be wayy more expensive to maintain in parts and service as well as the fact they are extremely unreliable!
The new 911 Turbo S is underrated at 640 crank hp. They run 10.1 @ 135-137 mph and weigh ~3,650 lbs. A new 911 Turbo S will also beat a stock GT500 from a roll pretty handily. A Turbo S probably makes more like 720-740 crank hp. I suspect Porsche, and BMW for that matter, rate their engines at terrible conditions, i.e., 100 deg F @ 5,000 ft elev., because I've seen dyno results from cars of both manufacturers where the wheel hp matches or nearly matches the rated crank hp.

Good thing it weighs 1000lbs less then eh.
More like ~500 lbs +/- (~3,650 lbs vs 4,160 lbs for a base GT500), but yeah, the Turbo S is significantly lighter and underrated, so the lbs:hp ratio won't be that far off a modified GT500.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
More like ~500 lbs +/- (~3,650 lbs vs 4,160 lbs for a base GT500), but yeah, the Turbo S
I'm talking the lightweight package for the Turbo, which comes in at around 3200 lbs dry.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
900+ crank hp? I'll believe it when I see it. It seems most aftermarket manufacturers that have these packages are exceptionally generous when it comes to drivetrain losses, and assume an antiquated 18-20% loss, applying that factor to a generous dyno result, thus overrating the crank hp, which causes the hp rating to be out of whack compared to factory SAE ratings. For this to make 900 crank hp it would need to make about 790-800 SAE rwhp +/-. We'll see.
This was a joint effort between SA and Whipple. Both seem to know a little about making HP. Why even bother to question it.
Sponsored