Angrey

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Under otherwise normal circumstances I'd say this is yawnworthy. A supe'd up GT500 that's already very formidable and at $56k, I don't see enough meat to go along with the salad and vegetables.

However, given what rapist pricing we've seen buoyed by inflation and supply chain issues, I'm wondering if you can order one from Shelby (at $127k) and end up with a pretty good value.

If Ford were actually selling the 500's for $80k I'd say pass, but if you're having to spend $100k for a GT500 and if Shelby is actually gonna sell them for $127k, it's actually not that bad of a butcher's bill.
Advertisement

Last edited:

The Chairman

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
For reference, my ‘09KR base car MSRP was $46,890 and did not have a gas guzzler tax.
Here’s the KR package sticker:
5B308B18-3F1B-44B2-B244-03108F81F6B3.jpeg

Note the added gas guzzler tax and that the KR package was worth about 76% more over the base car. And let’s not discuss ADM on these.

Evolvd

Instigator
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I’m not impressed. I just don’t see the value here. Sure you get a CSM, but the rest of it just doesn’t add up to me as far as cost to value.
If money were no object and I wanted a garage Queen then I’d be ordering a HE CFTP Wide Body yesterday.

Vert

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Bad ass American muscle. I want to know how in the hell are they getting 900HP on pump gas. I want some info on the fuel system.

Angrey

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Bad ass American muscle. I want to know how in the hell are they getting 900HP on pump gas. I want some info on the fuel system.
The fuel system for pump gas is much easier than it is for E85 with about 30% less flow requirements. They could either voltage boost the stock/OEM or add an extra pump. Or they may even have enough extra capacity to stretch the OEM system out to make it work. I'm sure they probably upgraded the injectors (to go along with the whipple 3.8) but it's not like the GT500 fuel system would have to be totally overhauled to get adequate flow for 900 on pump.

I'm more curious as to how they got to 900 on pump in terms of safe/reliable (and 50 state legal) tuning.

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
So, as expected (see other GT500 KR thread) a bunch of whiny negative comments. Instead of looking for the good we immediately jump to the bad. Unfortunately this says a lot about the current state of our forum.

IMHO SA has taken the most powerful Mustang and made it better. 900HP. Come on guys, 900HP on pump gas. The rest is purely individual taste. Lastly, do we not realize that this is most likely the last of it kind. We all know the direction the industry is headed in and it‘s not looking great. So let’s celebrate the new King of the Road and go out there and enjoy all of our Mustang’s.

LSchicago

Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
So, as expected (see other GT500 KR thread) a bunch of whiny negative comments. Instead of looking for the good we immediately jump to the bad. Unfortunately this says a lot about the current state of our forum.

IMHO SA has taken the most powerful Mustang and made it better. 900HP. Come on guys, 900HP on pump gas. The rest is purely individual taste. Lastly, do we not realize that this is most likely the last of it kind. We all know the direction the industry is headed in and it‘s not looking great. So let’s celebrate the new King of the Road and go out there and enjoy all of our Mustang’s.
900 on pump gas is impressive.

Mr whiskers5.0

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
im a die hard hardcore shelby american fan and im excited as a son of a bitch with them bringing back the GT500KR but shit i still wanna see a comeback of the GT500 super snake

Mr whiskers5.0

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)

fuck yeah one shelby american fan from another bro

Shelbeast

Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Edge

Relax, we are all happy at the end of the day to see another Shelby. Some of us are just a little salty to be priced out (KR 3X-4X more than 10 15 years ago). I will stick with my GT500 I got for MSRP and over 800HP.

I collect Jordan's and I'm a little salty where the game has went, fakes and hard to find. Went to Disney recently and def. not worth it. So, we all get a little salty when the game changes ways we don't like and not worth our time.

I'm in my 50s dating and there are only V4 hoopties out there. Of course the state of dating these days is shit, but It's ok if I complain a little about it. We all have expectations. lol

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
im a die hard hardcore shelby american fan and im excited as a son of a bitch with them bringing back the GT500KR but shit i still wanna see a comeback of the GT500 super snake
Me too, but I’m afraid this is the last hoorah. That‘s why I feel so strongly about celebrating it. Sure it’s not perfect, just like the man himself, and it is costly, isn’t everything these days. But it’s a Mustang, it’s a Shelby, and it’s a King of the Road. Shouldn’t that be enough?

Mr whiskers5.0

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Me too, but I’m afraid this is the last hoorah. That‘s why I feel so strongly about celebrating it. Sure it’s not perfect, just like the man himself, and it is costly, isn’t everything these days. But it’s a Mustang, it’s a Shelby, and it’s a King of the Road. Shouldn’t that be enough?

hell yeah

Evolvd

Instigator
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

And it never fails that someone has to come in and piss on others opinions and be a hypocrite about “whining”. 900hp on 93 is easy in these cars, Shelby isn’t using any magical fairy dust here.
Thanks for your .02, about all it was worth.

Advertisement

101 - Anderson Composites - 1
Advertisement