Sponsored

Anyone get the Handling Package but wish they didn't?

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Is your FJG car a non HP? I thought you had to get the HP to have it in FJG color. Or do you have 2 cars?
FJG is available with 700A, HP or not. It's just an Appearance Package.

FJG.JPG
Sponsored

sycd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Is your FJG car a non HP? I thought you had to get the HP to have it in FJG color. Or do you have 2 cars?
Yeah it's a FJG non-HP. Premium, A10, regular seats. I've seen others in that configuration. The HP/FJG combo might just be more common.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I did a shit load of research and decided I could spend less money and build a better car myself if I didn’t get the handling package. That’s being said, if you don’t plan on doing a lot of work on it yourself you’re probably better off getting a good package from the factory

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
All of the Machs should be XM compatible as they have the 8” sync system and the shark fin antenna.

Personally I passed on all of the options aside from the 700a. I have yet to receive my car, but I seriously doubt that i will regret not ordering them.

OP
OP

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
You are not missing out on XM at all unless there is a must have non music station, otherwise, the signal quality is so bad it's ruins the sound from an already controversial sound system quality.

However, the integrated Spotify is great for music if that's what you're after..
I have XM in my ATS as the CUE system isn't the best and doesn't have and of the integrations with mobile devices, and with XM I really only listen to three stations but enjoy one of them

I just wanted to have the option and it sounds like even the non nav system does so that works for me.

Thanks

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
There are only two things that I didn't like about the HP: The wheels and Cup 2's, and the fact that I've scraped the front splitter twice already on pavement transitions. Already have new wheels and tires of the same size so that "problem" is fixed. But it's a learning experience as to how low and far out front that splitter is . Definitely wanted all of the rest of the HP parts, mostly the springs and sway bar, so I wouldn't feel tempted to replace them later with something stiffer (I won't be tracking it), and the splitter and wing because they look cool.

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
700a upgrade really only gets you the All Leather Seating with heat and cool and aluminum pedals, maybe one or two other small things.
I have the NON HP Mach because I don't like the Cup2 tires when you are not a tracker. Been there, done that and don't hold up for me.
I did the HP car exterior upgrades that I liked. Spoiler $100, front-wheel lips $250, rears $150. Not a fan of the second lower front spoiler but you can add one at any time. Don't need the adjustable struts that most will use anyway and the suspension special tune is really unknown anyway. :)
So in 2022 HP cost $4000, if you just want the HP look, $500 . :) Wheels are a $500 upgrade from the factory if you don't like the standard wheels.

mmod1.jpg

mmod2.jpg

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
So I just placed my order today and now I wait, but after putting it through I wonder if I should have omitted the handling package or not.

I love the look of the rear spoiler and the rims, I won't be tracking the car, so wonder if it was worth it or if I will notice

I also went with the elite package and the appearance package

Anyone not get the HP and wish they did, or did anyone get it and wish they didn't?

Thanks
The tires on that HP car are going to be hard to live with up there in Boston even in the summer. They really are for track use. That being said, replace those and you've got a pretty awesome street car.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
No regrets getting the handling pack. Love the wheels and the look. I can even make it out of my driveway angled with curb-its and not scratch it. Trying to get used to parking it without hitting the splitter but with anything it's a learning experience. I usually end up parking 2 feet+ away from curbs because of it, lol.

Swapped the Cup 2's to PS4S a little over a week ago and now it's perfect on the street.

OP
OP

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
The tires on that HP car are going to be hard to live with up there in Boston even in the summer. They really are for track use. That being said, replace those and you've got a pretty awesome street car.
I am conflicted on the splitter and wonder if it will be more of a nuisance

and the tires, figure those will have to get swapped out

Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Greetings from Boston. A good summer street tire is continental ECS. If you sell the CUP 2 right away it should be a cheap swap.

OP
OP

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
Greetings from Boston. A good summer street tire is continental ECS. If you sell the CUP 2 right away it should be a cheap swap.
Thanks also it looks like most dealers here don't install the front splitter on the new cars, at least when I check their dealer photos and one of them explicitly says installed after sale on request, so hopefully I can go that route and just have it but not have them install it.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Yeah I went that path having shop access with lift and all the tools would ever need thought it would be fun to mod.

Then I modified the order for HPP simply because I didn't want the hassles and don't have the time.

It was an easy pivot. After I added up all the details on top of the main parts, it would have been more costly to buy and assemble a slightly better version that I would probably never notice.

I would say definitely go for HPP (SVT of yesteryear) unless you can do the work yourself right "the first time", don't mind the risks of third party parts interoperability, know all the details like new bolts etc, loctite, torque etc, accept the risk of getting impaled by third party chassis reinforcements that don't crumple in a collision, and get emmense satisfaction from modding the car.
Right, this comes from a love of working on my car and making it 100% my own, everything I want and nothing I don’t. I realize many people don’t share this love/desire and it’s WAY easier to get the PP (for example).

I’ve already come close to making a huge mistake that would have cost insane money to fix, but that’s part of what it is to work on my car in this way. I’m also learning a ton about my car and it makes it a much better ownership experience for me.

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
Thanks if XM works without the NAV then that would be better as I never use the NAV systems in any of the cars we have, I emailed my sales associate to ask about adding it but will follow up....even if the Sync doesn't support XM I am thinking of dumping it anyway as we have spotify
Just to add on, my Mach does not have NAV but definitely has Sirius XM.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I would say the Cup2's on the HP are a huge waste of money unless it's a track car so in my opinion buy the non-HP and add spoiler...etc to your liking is a better choice for you. Also use that extra money you saved to buy a set of winter or all-season tire/wheel combo.
Don't get me wrong, love the HP Mach but just not practical as a daily for most people.
Sponsored