N/a worth it without e85

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
I’ve never used E85 and any Ethanol percentage , so your saying on a flex tune it can read the percent of ethanol that’s in the car mixed with gas and run accordingly for it?
The instructions I received from livernois said anytime I switch from 93 to E85 do a "drive cycle"-drive easy, less than 50% throttle for a good 15 mins or so of actual driving, not just idling. Also any time I fill up with any E85 as it can vary pump to pump.

I noticed switching from 93 to E85 and vice versa the afr gauge in the dash changes. Eg 93 it would be in the low 13:1 neighborhood generally. Once E is in the tank it begins dropping down to 10:1 ish or so. This was an indicator to me that it was adjusting for the extra E in it. The mycal has a lambda guage as well which should stay close to 1 even when the AFR in the car is dropping. Or rising when switching from E to 93.

Hopefully that didn't add more confusion but yes, with a flex tune, it will adjust for varying levels of ethanol in the tank.
Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Your car was designed to run on gasoline as low as 87 octane. I've owned supercharged cars and others using NA E85. Personally I did not see that much additional performance NA with E85. The mileage even factoring in the lower price of E85/gal still is worse.

Go FI. Forget headers and all that other junk. Several members are serious racers that want to squeeze every extra pony out of their cars and they use E85 for that high octane rating/lower combusion temps, but if you want 600-650 rwhp, just get the blower and a good tune. You will be able to use pump gas, get fairly decent gas mileage, dependable power. Stock like drivability.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
What’s up guys , newer to the forum I’ve had my gt for a couple months now and really want to dig into the performance of the car but it seems like making good power for the money is almost impossible / not worth the cost n/a wise unless you have e85 readily accessible , wondering if I’m better off saving for a supercharger or is anyone making decent power with bolt ons
On 93? Thanks
You can make great power on 93 and still be N/A. Cold air intake, longtube headers, ported 18+ manifold, full catback, DW400 fuel pump, and 47-52lb injectors. Pair all of those with a custom tune on 93 and you're looking at a major jump in horsepower. We sell all of these parts here at www.lethalperformance.com and are also having a huge Black Friday sale going on now. If you have any questions about modding or our sale send me a message and i'll answer any questions you may have!

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Not trying to argue with lethal. I've bought from them before. Great people. However the labor costs to do the headers alone is likely the same as a blower. I've done both and would much rather do the supercharger, even a Whipple. Plus the headers will make the car loud.

Do the blower, just keep the boost at a reasonable level.

RicardoC50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
What’s up guys , newer to the forum I’ve had my gt for a couple months now and really want to dig into the performance of the car but it seems like making good power for the money is almost impossible / not worth the cost n/a wise unless you have e85 readily accessible , wondering if I’m better off saving for a supercharger or is anyone making decent power with bolt ons
On 93? Thanks
I think it’s worth it in my opinion. Maybe try and find a used pair of headers and exhaust and if you still want more power go supercharged. My current setup is drop in filter headers and exhaust. From my own experience, take this with a grain of salt driving around town I honestly can’t tell the difference between e85 and 91. It’s only when I hit the freeway that I notice the e85 just keeps pullin and pullin on the top end where as the 91 it takes a while for it to pick up.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dave95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Not trying to argue with lethal. I've bought from them before. Great people. However the labor costs to do the headers alone is likely the same as a blower. I've done both and would much rather do the supercharger, even a Whipple. Plus the headers will make the car loud.

Do the blower, just keep the boost at a reasonable level.
I’m just worried about the mt-82 holding up I guess but I can’t tell if the transmission will hold and all I’ll need is a clutch which I’d be cool
With but I don’t want to grenade the transmission

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
On 93? Thanks

I would have gone E85 with my car if I could keep my warranty and to keep it emissions legal as I have E85 readily available. In fact Cali has some of the best E85 in the country and year long tests over E85. That being said I have the Ford Racing Power kit and I am very happy with it. Its not mind blowing but it is something you notice. A blower changes a lot of the characteristics that I love about a normally aspirated motor. Although for bang for the buck its the best.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I’m just worried about the mt-82 holding up I guess but I can’t tell if the transmission will hold and all I’ll need is a clutch which I’d be cool
With but I don’t want to grenade the transmission
On my 2011 Bembo car I put a Roush 2300 which made 595 rwhp and 499 rwtq sae. It had the mt-82. I distinctly remember drag racing all day on a light day at the dragstrip. I really never let the engine cool off other than the time to go around and race again. Perhaps 3-5 minutes cool time. I must have had 30 timeslips. Ran cosistent 11.70s primarily because I couldn't hook up on takeoff.

I raced so many times I lost count. The temp was 101 when I got there and about 85 when I left. I had 305 summer tires on it and, yes I did get wheel spin. The clutch held up the whole time.

I then put drag radials on it some time later. Just is using it on the street with full throttle, the clutch did start to slip. I put in an Exedy clutch and just that bit stiffer clutch really took away from enjoying daily driving.

The transmission held up just fine.

OP
OP

dave95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
On my 2011 Bembo car I put a Roush 2300 which made 595 rwhp and 499 rwtq sae. It had the mt-82. I distinctly remember drag racing all day on a light day at the dragstrip. I really never let the engine cool off other than the time to go around and race again. Perhaps 3-5 minutes cool time. I must have had 30 timeslips. Ran cosistent 11.70s primarily because I couldn't hook up on takeoff.

I raced so many times I lost count. The temp was 101 when I got there and about 85 when I left. I had 305 summer tires on it and, yes I did get wheel spin. The clutch held up the whole time.

I then put drag radials on it some time later. Just is using it on the street with full throttle, the clutch did start to slip. I put in an Exedy clutch and just that bit stiffer clutch really took away from enjoying daily driving.

The transmission held up just fine.
That’s good to know , I don’t mind having to add a new clutch I just get nervous from the nightmare stories of the mt-82 that some have but then I see others pushing 1000 horsepower and are just fine

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That’s good to know , I don’t mind having to add a new clutch I just get nervous from the nightmare stories of the mt-82 that some have but then I see others pushing 1000 horsepower and are just fine
It’s either a roll of the dice, or what Forest Gump said: “Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re gonna get.”

Sponsored
OP
OP

dave95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
It’s either a roll of the dice, or what Forest Gump said: “Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re gonna get.”
Makes sense , what’s the cost to build a mt-82

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Some of us have zero access to pump E85, so limited to buying by the pail or drum. And if I had to choose between a 10: stoich or 14:1 stoich, I'm going with race gas. Way less taxing on the fuel system, & more energy per lb.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Some of us have zero access to pump E85, so limited to buying by the pail or drum. And if I had to choose between a 10: stoich or 14:1 stoich, I'm going with race gas. Way less taxing on the fuel system, & more energy per lb.
I would rather race gas as well if it wasn't so cheap and available here.
Sponsored