N/a worth it without e85

dave95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
What’s up guys , newer to the forum I’ve had my gt for a couple months now and really want to dig into the performance of the car but it seems like making good power for the money is almost impossible / not worth the cost n/a wise unless you have e85 readily accessible , wondering if I’m better off saving for a supercharger or is anyone making decent power with bolt ons
On 93? Thanks
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
What’s up guys , newer to the forum I’ve had my gt for a couple months now and really want to dig into the performance of the car but it seems like making good power for the money is almost impossible / not worth the cost n/a wise unless you have e85 readily accessible , wondering if I’m better off saving for a supercharger or is anyone making decent power with bolt ons
On 93? Thanks
Why not tune for 93 and E85? if it’s not readily available, you can order it online by the pail for those times when you want to get the most performance out of your car. I’ve ordered by the pail, but I get it at the pump mostly. A Flex tune will allow you to run 93, E85 or any combination of the two.

OP
OP

dave95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Why not tune for 93 and E85? if it’s not readily available, you can order it online by the pail for those times when you want to get the most performance out of your car. I’ve ordered by the pail, but I get it at the pump mostly. A Flex tune will allow you to run 93, E85 or any combination of the two.
You can order it online ? Will the lovely state of MA allow me to do that

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You sure can. I ordered six 5 gal. pails of One Ethanol S and had it delivered to my garage door on a pallet.

OP
OP

dave95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
You sure can. I ordered six 5 gal. pails of One Ethanol S and had it delivered to my garage door on a pallet.
I’m assuming it’s crazy expensive huh lol

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’m assuming it’s crazy expensive huh lol
I paid $394 shipped to my door for the six 5 gal. pails. The thing is, you’d only need it when you really wanted to wring every bit of power out of the car. I get mine at the pump, but I also have nitrous on my car and won’t run pump E85 on the bottle unless it test out at 85% ethanol. FWIW, my One Ethsnol tested out at 90% ethsnol which was even better. When I get it from the pump, I drive 20-30 miles to get it and it’s worth it. I love this stuff.

OP
OP

dave95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
I paid $394 shipped to my door for the six 5 gal. pails. The thing is, you’d only need it when you really wanted to wring every bit of power out of the car. I get mine at the pump, but I also have nitrous on my car and won’t run pump E85 on the bottle unless it test out at 85% ethanol. FWIW, my One Ethsnol tested out at 90% ethsnol which was even better. When I get it from the pump, I drive 20-30 miles to get it and it’s worth it. I love this stuff.
I’ll have to consider this man thank you! , would you say without e85 running bolt ons and keeping the coyote all motor is kind of a waste of money

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I’m running a CAI, borla cat back, and 93 octane tune. It’s nice and wakes the car up a little, but it definitely leaves a lot more to be desired. A supercharger is a necessity in my future. I could squeeze some LTH’s on for a little bit of gains but it’s gonna be a high price for the return. I’ll be installing LTH’s as a supporting mod when the supercharger goes on because the juice isn’t worth the squeeze at this point.

Start off with installing the bolt-ons that you would be using as supporting mods for a supercharger first, then see if the power is enough for you or whether you want to make that step.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yes, there are definitely huge power gains with LTHs and E85. I believe somewhere in the neighborhood of 55-70 additional rwhp.

Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Pros
.cheaper at the pump
.car performance is amazing
.burns cleaner. Better for the environment
.keeps the engine clean
.smells sweet

Cons
.mpgs not as good
.more trips to pump
. Attracts moisture
.hard on cold weather start ups
.not easily available

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Here’s a good reason to want to run E85. Watch this test.

I like the demo, but unfortunately its just not the reality of comparing burning those fuels at a stoich ratio.
All combustion should turn into mostly co2 and H2o, and very little else, if the AFR is correct from the start.
No one should care about the black carbon that will settle onto the ground, the "demonization" is with the co2, which unfortunately is referred to as carbon, they are completely different. You can't see co2, so while it looks like our ICE are running "clean", they are still emitting a lot.

The only reason you run ethanol is octane, and maybe price.
Other than that its hard to find in most places, its inconsistent %'s at different pumps, you constantly have to test to be absolutely sure or pay for high price race E85, you are almost constantly on empty you have to burn so much of it and get terrible fuel mileage, its terrible in colder climates trying to get the car to start, it damages seals, increases the oil change interval, it loves soaking up water... The list goes on against it. If you are shipping it by the 5 gallon can at 13$+ a gallon, you are way better off with other race fuels.

I say save for the supercharger, forget the headache of E85 if its not cheap, easy, and readily available to you. N/A isn't even worth it even if thats true if your goal is to have a powerful fast car and not a gutted rattle box you hate driving.

OP
OP

dave95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
I like the demo, but unfortunately its just not the reality of comparing burning those fuels at a stoich ratio.
All combustion should turn into mostly co2 and H2o, and very little else, if the AFR is correct from the start.
No one should care about the black carbon that will settle onto the ground, the "demonization" is with the co2, which unfortunately is referred to as carbon, they are completely different. You can't see co2, so while it looks like our ICE are running "clean", they are still emitting a lot.

The only reason you run ethanol is octane, and maybe price.
Other than that its hard to find in most places, its inconsistent %'s at different pumps, you constantly have to test to be absolutely sure or pay for high price race E85, you are almost constantly on empty you have to burn so much of it and get terrible fuel mileage, its terrible in colder climates trying to get the car to start, it damages seals, increases the oil change interval, it loves soaking up water... The list goes on against it. If you are shipping it by the 5 gallon can at 13$+ a gallon, you are way better off with other race fuels.

I say save for the supercharger, forget the headache of E85 if its not cheap, easy, and readily available to you. N/A isn't even worth it even if thats true if your goal is to have a powerful fast car and not a gutted rattle box you hate driving.
I was leaning more towards saving for the supercharger as well thanks man

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Save for the Supercharger. Thank me later.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
There's quite a few E85 stations in Mass, if you have a place to store it you can certainly stock up and use as needed with the aforementioned flex or set of tunes.

Although it depends on your usage of course. My buddy does this and only uses it when he goes to the track, so it makes sense. If you were to run it daily then maybe not.
Sponsored