Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The Cali Special interior is a nice compromise, in that the seats are suede in the center—but, suede is weird to take care of from my research.
The interior of the California Special is one of its very best features. The seats are ultra comfortable regardless of the temperature. Caring for the Miko suede (same as Alcantara) is easy. My seats are over 2 1/2 years old and look the same as the day I bought the car.
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
See, I keep flip-flopping between them in my head. 401a has a whooole lot of goodies that'd be nice for long roadtrips, which will be more frequent for me in coming years—but 301a has cloth seats and analog gauges, which I prefer... picky picky!

Interestingly, and I'm not sure if this was a '21 or a '22 change, Co-Pilot 360 (Blind spot, lane keep, and pre-collision) are all standard equipment per the '22 order guide. Adaptive cruise control still needs the safe and smart package. This only makes me more indecisive.
The extra stuff, is very nice, The cooled seats are worth it in my book. not sticking to the seats in the summer is awesome and heated when back is sore is also awesome.
The analog gauges are not analog gauges, other in the way they "look".
But get what you need /want. it'll be your car.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Man, I'm sorry if I am coming off as a killjoy. It's just anytime a dealer makes promises like this it sets off red flags for me. The #1 reason people purchase the extended warranties for these cars is for possible electronic issues. I do not know you relationship with your dealer. That said I'm fairly certain Ford themselves would balk at approving a warranty claim for any dashboard/electronics related issue after they realize that it has been modified (changed from as built regardless if the part was OEM and the work done by a dealer).

Now if the dealer is willing to accept the charges that a refusal might mean, that's great. But what if you move? The GM quits/retires? The dealership changes hands? Yes, I know I am a worrywart but the cost to you could be thousands. Just want to make sure the promise you get holds water over time.

By the way, your Roush SC is a factory approved aftermarket part with its own warranty, not Ford's. Not the same as switching out an as built part like a dashboard module.
Doesn’t bother me one bit, lol. I got the cluster WAY under what it’s priced and it’s covered for me.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Interestingly, and I'm not sure if this was a '21 or a '22 change, Co-Pilot 360 (Blind spot, lane keep, and pre-collision) are all standard equipment per the '22 order guide. Adaptive cruise control still needs the safe and smart package. This only makes me more indecisive.
Co-Pilot 360 started with the 2021's and is standard equipment. The Safe and Smart package was also revised for 21' with Nav and ACC.

Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
The extra stuff, is very nice, The cooled seats are worth it in my book. not sticking to the seats in the summer is awesome and heated when back is sore is also awesome.
The analog gauges are not analog gauges, other in the way they "look".
But get what you need /want. it'll be your car.
I'd get the most out of cooled seats potentially—though I've never been much a fan of them. Option's nice, though.
And right, I should say """analog""" nowadays, of course. I'll give that that preference is coming mainly from a place of familiarity. I'd likely sway in the direction of the digital dash, were I sat in front of it long enough.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
The interior of the California Special is one of its very best features. The seats are ultra comfortable regardless of the temperature. Caring for the Miko suede (same as Alcantara) is easy. My seats are over 2 1/2 years old and look the same as the day I bought the car.
Really now? Good to know. Perhaps I've just searched in the wrong places.

Definitely, the interior of the C/S is the main point for me. That and the PP splitter / belly pan. The '22 package for the C/S looks very nice, and if I can order and get my hands on one as I plan, I'd only need remove the side scoops, really. Maybe they'd grow on me.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I'd get the most out of cooled seats potentially—though I've never been much a fan of them. Option's nice, though.
And right, I should say """analog""" nowadays, of course. I'll give that that preference is coming mainly from a place of familiarity. I'd likely sway in the direction of the digital dash, were I sat in front of it long enough.
This mustang is my first all digital cluster led screen, it didn't take long to get used to it, and being able to pick what gauges I want shown is a plus.
The '19 truck is the analog looking sweeping needle round gauge. but it doesn't have an oil pressure gauge or a boost.
The tac/fuel/coolant temp are digital, the speedo is the only analog looking gauge in the truck.
but the mustang is all digital. other than the two gauges over the center stack (boost/ oil pressure) that are stepper motor needle gauges (analog looking) .

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
OK so getting back to the topic, the fine print states, "0% APR financing for 60 months at $16.67 per month per $1,000 financed regardless of down payment (PHM #21282)

I don't think I understand this correctly, because to me that reads, if I were to finance a new Mach 1 at $53,000, I would end up paying $16.67 x 53 = $883.51 per month in finance fees, which at 60 months would be $53k in financing, which is ludicrous. Can someone who knows better explain it to me?

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I prefer the cloth seats for much the same reason—Georgia sun and leather aren't a nice combination. And frankly, leather seats are just uncomfortable to me. Too slide...y.

The Cali Special interior is a nice compromise, in that the seats are suede in the center—but, suede is weird to take care of from my research.

I'll definitely be getting active exhaust. Not much desire to throw a catback on, as I feel the factory exhaust gets plenty of attention as is. Being able to put a mute button on that when needed would be welcome.

We can upgrade to digital dash... has anyone ever downgraded, though? 🤣
I have the suede seats in my GT/CS. They are comfortable to me. They keep you planted....no sliding around like some leather seats. I haven't cleaned them yet...just vacuum. We'll see how they hold up but so far so good. A base GT with cloth seats can always be upgraded in future with Katzkin
https://katzkin.com/product-options/
Thay have a suede option...
SUEDEZKIN®

Sponsored

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
OK so getting back to the topic, the fine print states, "0% APR financing for 60 months at $16.67 per month per $1,000 financed regardless of down payment (PHM #21282)

I don't think I understand this correctly, because to me that reads, if I were to finance a new Mach 1 at $53,000, I would end up paying $16.67 x 53 = $883.51 per month in finance fees, which at 60 months would be $53k in financing, which is ludicrous. Can someone who knows better explain it to me?
They are saying $16.67 would be the payment for every $1,000 financed over 60 months. So, yes your calculation is correct $16.67X53=883.51. This is not interest or fees, the payment is based on $53k in principle, or the total amount of your loan. Or you could just divide $53k by 60 and you still get $883. You can reduce the monthly payment with a down payment. So, if your car was $53k and you put down $10K your payment would be $716/month. Even a $25k car would still be 416/month.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
They are saying $16.67 would be the payment for every $1,000 financed over 60 months. So, yes your calculation is correct $16.67X53=883.51. This is not interest or fees, the payment is based on $53k in principle, or the total amount of your loan. Or you could just divide $53k by 60 and you still get $883. You can reduce the monthly payment with a down payment. So, if your car was $53k and you put down $10K your payment would be $716/month. Even a $25k car would still be 416/month.
Oh man I'm a moron- I was thinking they were saying it would be $16.67/$1k/month in financing in addition to whatever the monthly payment on the vehicle would be, but instead the fine print is just giving you an estimate of what your premium payments would be with 0% APR over 60 months. Thanks for correcting me

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
I have the suede seats in my GT/CS. They are comfortable to me. They keep you planted....no sliding around like some leather seats. I haven't cleaned them yet...just vacuum. We'll see how they hold up but so far so good. A base GT with cloth seats can always be upgraded in future with Katzkin
https://katzkin.com/product-options/
Thay have a suede option...
SUEDEZKIN®
Yeah, I've definitely come around to the suede. Seems I was getting info from way older models with poor quality suede seats. Hopefully things work out and I can snag a CS this year.

The Katzkin stuff is nice! I think it might drive me mad knowing the door panel inserts were still cloth though, hah.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I've definitely come around to the suede. Seems I was getting info from way older models with poor quality suede seats. Hopefully things work out and I can snag a CS this year.

The Katzkin stuff is nice! I think it might drive me mad knowing the door panel inserts were still cloth though, hah.
They may be able to do the door panels…check their FAQ……
Katzkin will transform your vehicle with a custom, premium leather interior. This is way more than a seat cover--we completely re-upholster your interior, recovering all seating surfaces, plus any center consoles or door panels (unless they are covered with a hard plastic or vinyl).

If they wouldn’t do it I’d get the material and try myself or find a shop that could.
Sponsored