Sponsored

Will we ever again see a Mustang on a dealer lot FS?

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I saw my car advertised online and went to the dealer to have a look at it and bought it. I have always bought off a lot as I don't have the patience to order and I've always found something I'm perfectly happy with. I don't think I would have ordered differently other than active exhaust would have been nice but she sounds great anyways. Perfectly fine with my decision.
Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
i think most of my cars (except for 2 or 3) i have ordered, not because i wanted a special order but because i have certain things i want on a car....
i dont look at a model if not offered in red. period. to some this might sound weird but i like red, and i want red cars.
i like driving manual, and as you know most of what is on the lot are auto. yes i own auto (suv's) because that is only thing available, but preference is manual....so all the mustangs (except for the boss and my 2003) i had to order manual.
im not a fan of all the "features" crammed into one package....i could care less about some of the things, heck i still have no idea what my Edge has since i dont use half the options it came with....
so i customize the car (suv, truck) to what i want not what all the cookie-cutter cars out there have.
i absolutely hate sunroofs, and the one car i had (saturn) with a sunroof i traded within a year....
i believe we are the "few" who actually care about cars, and the majority of society now just takes whatever they are given.....or what "works" for them....and there is no picking or choosing since its not needed. i think the car manufactures have done a good job of putting everything on the car so people pay for things they dont "need" and just take it....costing them more $$ than they should have paid for the vehicle....and more $$ in the pockets of the dealerships.
its a business, and they do it to make profit.... handful of dealers really care about you and your cars....but that too is passing quickly. this world is about money, and that is it. i have seen the decline over the last 20yrs and i see no stopping in the near future.....things will change, drastically, and we might not like how it will turn out.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Regardless, I’m not concerned with it and doubt any manufacturers care about rental car prices or stocking excess cars on their lot because of them.
no, but they care if you can't get it right here, right now, and go down to the Chevy.Ram,Toyo, Nissan ,etc store and they lose sale after sale after sale.
Face it, unless every o.e.m. goes to an order only business model, NO ONE IS.
It is the reason almost every retail store is open every Sunday, every holiday they can, and the longest hours every day they can, They don't want to give another store a sale they could get by being open.
Marketing 101. So take that unicorn fart of order only business model and keep day dreaming. Not one o.e.m. that mass produces vehicles will ever go to this business model EVER. Without them all going this way. and that is not going to happen in my life time if ever.
The Niche vehicle in an oem's line up, might try this but only when the nails are already set in the coffin, and the final hammer blow is coming. It cost too much to have a factory output being that low of volume to keep a vehicle in production , the stock holders and board would can it first.
If Ford Tries this with the Mustang coupe, You best buy one if you want one, because the end of the line is around that corner.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
no, but they care if you can't get it right here, right now, and go down to the Chevy.Ram,Toyo, Nissan ,etc store and they lose sale after sale after sale.
Face it, unless every o.e.m. goes to an order only business model, NO ONE IS.
It is the reason almost every retail store is open every Sunday, every holiday they can, and the longest hours every day they can, They don't want to give another store a sale they could get by being open.
Marketing 101. So take that unicorn fart of order only business model and keep day dreaming. Not one o.e.m. that mass produces vehicles will ever go to this business model EVER. Without them all going this way. and that is not going to happen in my life time if ever.
The Niche vehicle in an oem's line up, might try this but only when the nails are already set in the coffin, and the final hammer blow is coming. It cost too much to have a factory output being that low of volume to keep a vehicle in production , the stock holders and board would can it first.
If Ford Tries this with the Mustang coupe, You best buy one if you want one, because the end of the line is around that corner.
So why does it work for Tesla?

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Problem? What problem? Everyone in the supply chain is making way more money in this environment from the biggest trucking companies to the drivers. Freight charges out of So Cal are up 250-300% compared to a year ago. The stakeholders are loving it. Yeah sure, the "Cali" cartel gets its cut, consumers pay more, but no one is moving this mountain anytime soon.
I own a transportation and warehouse company in Oregon and Washington. We have never been so overwhelmed with new business opportunities in the 22 years I’ve been doing this. I’m almost to the point of turning on an auto-response to our rates email team stating we’re at capacity and can’t help. We’re getting over 100 requests a day we have to turn down.
We’re at 90 employees right now, and prior to Covid we were at 120.
I have been actively trying to hire the past 1.5 years. Can’t get people in the door, nobody wants to work.
So, we pay more to keep the ones we have, and raise prices. (I’m paying a temp labor company $29.00hr for warehouse lumpers. Used to pay $19.00hr 1 year ago)
Importers are willing to pay close to double what they did last year to pickup an ocean container, unload it, and deliver.
It’s insane.
If the unemployment would stop, I would hire a 2nd shift, and move double the amount of business through my warehouses, taking pressure off the ports/ships staged.
Other business owners in this industry agree.
We can’t find people to work, bottom line. That’s drivers, warehouse labor, and office labor.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They were the only game in town, once this changes, and it already started, they are screwed.
Go buy one, and then need it fixed, then see what the customers think of Tesla after they need service or a repair from a crash.
Tesla Is the Apple of cars, buyers are on elons jock, just like apple buyers were on job's.
No automaker could get away with the fit and finish of a 50-135k vehicles and no one say boo about it that but them, or the service issues, or parts issues (even before covid) or the issues with getting them fixed after a wreck.
The same yoyo's that stand in line for days to get the new i phone, while holding a working i phone that nothing is wrong with are TESLA buyers. No one else would put up with all the issues Teslas have from quality control, to customer service. The lamb bast Ford/gm/dodge if that crap was factory issue on a 100k+ car

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I own a transportation and warehouse company in Oregon and Washington. We have never been so overwhelmed with new business opportunities in the 22 years I’ve been doing this. I’m almost to the point of turning on an auto-response to our rates email team stating we’re at capacity and can’t help. We’re getting over 100 requests a day we have to turn down.
We’re at 90 employees right now, and prior to Covid we were at 120.
I have been actively trying to hire the past 1.5 years. Can’t get people in the door, nobody wants to work.
So, we pay more to keep the ones we have, and raise prices. (I’m paying a temp labor company $29.00hr for warehouse lumpers. Used to pay $19.00hr 1 year ago)
Importers are willing to pay close to double what they did last year to pickup an ocean container, unload it, and deliver.
It’s insane.
If the unemployment would stop, I would hire a 2nd shift, and move double the amount of business through my warehouses, taking pressure off the ports/ships staged.
Other business owners in this industry agree.
We can’t find people to work, bottom line. That’s drivers, warehouse labor, and office labor.
Right. let me guess, pre covid you thought 19. an hour part time with no bennies was good pay. What does a home in Washington state go for again? that you are not risking your life to live in?
I've learn a few things over the last 6 decades or so. businesses that can't find help, have either low wages, only offering part time, no bennies, or word of mouth of it being a hell hole to work for. caused the lack of people willing to work there.
Many places treated people like trash starting in 2008to 2016 when the economy was trashed and people put up with it, because the job market sucked, once that changed, those businesses that pulled this, now can't get help. shocking. I'm shocked I tell ya.
Those that did not pull that b/s don't seem to be having these issues, in any industry. Go figure

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Because they never went down that rabbit hole. When you set your own rules you can flout the establishment as much or as little as you like.

They assumed the iphone crowd would play along and they were right. Believers will put up with a lot before they disavow their religion.

Ev as the one true mass future is a sincerely held belief that has no basis in physics nor economic reality but when has that stopped a cult.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
Right. let me guess, pre covid you thought 19. an hour part time with no bennies was good pay. What does a home in Washington state go for again? that you are not risking your life to live in?
I've learn a few things over the last 6 decades or so. businesses that can't find help, have either low wages, only offering part time, no bennies, or word of mouth of it being a hell hole to work for. caused the lack of people willing to work there.
Many places treated people like trash starting in 2008to 2016 when the economy was trashed and people put up with it, because the job market sucked, once that changed, those businesses that pulled this, now can't get help. shocking. I'm shocked I tell ya.
Those that did not pull that b/s don't seem to be having these issues, in any industry. Go figure
Love the personal attack. You obviously haven’t owned a business and didn’t understand my post. $19hr for an entry level job that requires zero skills. You don’t even need to know English. You just have to have 2 arms and 2 legs. When min wage is $13.50, yeah, $19.00 isn’t bad for a lumping job that just requires you show up. Are you one of the guys that has zero skill set but thinks he’s worth $75.00hr? Sounds like it. Housing cost has nothing to do with entry level labor. All of my managers and supervisors are paid very well, and we allowed them to rise through the company - they were once the entry level folks. As was I 22 years ago.
I can’t pay a warehouse laborer what a dentist makes. And right now, that’s what I’d have to do in order to get the lazy people off the couch, and in the door.
When unemployment is paying $3,000 a month for these people to sit at home, it doesn’t make sense to come into work 160 hrs a month just to make an additional $1,000.
THAT is the problem. Government, doing what they do best.

We had warehouse workers asking their managers if they would lay them off so they’d get paid to sit at home.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't you worry. Having created the problem(s) govt will tell you they will fix them, if you'll just vote them into power again. Trust them. They have only your best interests at heart.

Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
They were the only game in town, once this changes, and it already started, they are screwed.
Go buy one, and then need it fixed, then see what the customers think of Tesla after they need service or a repair from a crash.
Tesla Is the Apple of cars, buyers are on elons jock, just like apple buyers were on job's.
No automaker could get away with the fit and finish of a 50-135k vehicles and no one say boo about it that but them, or the service issues, or parts issues (even before covid) or the issues with getting them fixed after a wreck.
The same yoyo's that stand in line for days to get the new i phone, while holding a working i phone that nothing is wrong with are TESLA buyers. No one else would put up with all the issues Teslas have from quality control, to customer service. The lamb bast Ford/gm/dodge if that crap was factory issue on a 100k+ car
I’ve had one, no issues to report. Had it serviced a few times, and they came to my house to complete everything. Really nothing bad to say about them 🤷‍♂️.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the personal attack. You obviously haven’t owned a business and didn’t understand my post. $19hr for an entry level job that requires zero skills. You don’t even need to know English. You just have to have 2 arms and 2 legs. When min wage is $13.50, yeah, $19.00 isn’t bad for a lumping job that just requires you show up. Are you one of the guys that has zero skill set but thinks he’s worth $75.00hr? Sounds like it. Housing cost has nothing to do with entry level labor. All of my managers and supervisors are paid very well, and we allowed them to rise through the company - they were once the entry level folks. As was I 22 years ago.
I can’t pay a warehouse laborer what a dentist makes. And right now, that’s what I’d have to do in order to get the lazy people off the couch, and in the door.
When unemployment is paying $3,000 a month for these people to sit at home, it doesn’t make sense to come into work 160 hrs a month just to make an additional $1,000.
Was not a personal attack. But clearly hit a nerve, sorry about that.
I am not having these issues, nor are those business owners that treated their employees well, when they could have backed them up against a wall when the economy tanked.
19 bucks an hour, if the job is no skill or not. Don't matter if the cost of living is so high that , they can't afford to live while working .
When homes are 300-600k and up. 19 bucks part time or even full time, isn't going to fly, even if the job is so easy that a special needs person could do it.
I also have learned in the last 6 decades, when someone states it is a job that takes no skill, Meh. I tend to need taller boots.
Good luck.
We are not having this issues. only problem we have is more people asking if we are hiring , that we could ever need. Word of mouth is awesome.
When you treat employees well, customers get great service, and everyone is happy. But What do I know. We grow every year, and customers are always happy to give great word of mouth , And that is marketing no amount of money can buy.

Last edited:

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
Don't you worry. Having created the problem(s) govt will tell you they will fix them, if you'll just vote them into power again. Trust them. They have only your best interests at heart.
Yep. They’ll fill this country with votes, via the Mexico border.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

We had warehouse workers asking their managers if they would lay them off so they’d get paid to sit at home.
Nobody wants to work, learn or move up. UPS, one of the best benefit outfits and they can’t find help either. The job is too hard for the marshmallows to do. Help us if we ever have a draft. We’re screwed like you won’t believe.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
Was not a personal attack. But clearly hit a nerve, sorry about that.
I am not having these issues, nor are those business owners that treated their employees well, when they could have backed them up against a wall when the economy tanked.
19 bucks an hour, if the job is no skill or not. Don't matter if the cost of living is so high that , they can't afford to live while working .
When homes are 300-600k and up. 19 bucks part time or even full time, isn't going to fly, even if the job is so easy that a special needs person could do it.
I also have learned in the last 6 decades, when someone states it is a job that takes no skill, Meh. I tend to need taller boots.
Good luck.
We are not having this issues. only problem we have is more people asking if we are hiring , that we could ever need. Word of mouth is awesome.
LOL your argument on $19hr for entry level positions and expensive housing makes absolutely zero sense. You do understand not everyone in the US is going to be as ambitious as the next person, right? The less ambitious folks will not own homes. My more ambitious employees, move up the chain, better themselves, and have no problem owning homes in our areas.
That is why this Country is so great. It’s the land of opportunity. It’s not the land of guaranteed home ownership, or guaranteed anything. You get out, what you put in. You have the freedom to leave a position, if you don’t think it pays what you’re worth. My key employees, are paid very well. Which is why they’ve been with me for years.
Not everyone is going to be as equal as the next, the level of laziness matters. Laziness and no ambition is why this Country will go down the gutter. Everyone wants a free ride.
There isn’t one company in the WA and OR networks of transportation and warehousing businesses that are not struggling to hire, I meet with them on business sharing platforms. Every single business I drive by, from TacoBell to Walmart, are clearly having hiring issues with low paying positions. My TacoBell randomly closes at 5pm due to staffing issues. That is happening ALL ACROSS Oregon and Washington, with all businesses. This has been on National news. Been under a rock?

What type of business is this that you own, where people are beating down your door to work for you?

The only businesses that would not be having labor issues, are the ones that pay significantly higher wages due to the nature of that specific industry.
Obviously, as I mentioned, I can’t pay a warehouse lumper what a Fing doctor makes. If you think I should be, please don’t reply, it’s not worth my time. So, since my business is mainly lower wage workers, I compete with Gov and their unemployment. Just like all other businesses that have lower income workers. You can’t say every single business that’s having hiring issues treated their employees like shit. You need to open your eyes and understand what is really happening.
Businesses that do not have high levels of low income workers, would not be facing the challenges I do.
The type of business, matters, in regards to this discussion. And most of the labor issues you see are lower income jobs, competing with unemployment. Not sure you can wrap your head around that.
Sponsored

Last edited: