Sponsored

Starting to see a lot more on the road

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
As of three weeks ago, I'd only seen one S550 (a silver Ecoboost that parks in my garage sometimes). Now, I've seen dozens -- seems like people started to get them now that the weather's nice.

Yesterday, I almost caused an accident trying to figure out what one was. It was black on black, blacked out everything, and I couldn't tell if it was an Ecoboost PP or a GT PP, because the emblems were all blacked out... so I'm dropping behind it, pulling up alongside it, coming around the front trying to figure it out... it was Rousch. I don't understand why somebody would get a tuner car and then not blare it out to the world with as much chrome as possible. You're gonna cause accidents with people staring at your emblems rather than the road!
Sponsored

OP
OP

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
I saw 3 in Astoria on Saturday. Prior to that, I had seen 3 in Queens/Long Island from Nov-March.

OP
OP

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I saw 3 in Astoria on Saturday. Prior to that, I had seen 3 in Queens/Long Island from Nov-March.
Saw the black Roush on the Grand Central by the Cross Island yesterday; also saw a DIB Ecoboost on Third Avenue in Park Slope; a Competition Orange V6 on the L.I.E. in Woodside; and an Ingot Silver Ecoboost on the BQE by the Brooklyn Navy Yard this weekend.

Have done a lot of driving on Long Island and have yet to see one there.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Saw the black Roush on the Grand Central by the Cross Island yesterday; also saw a DIB Ecoboost on Third Avenue in Park Slope; a Competition Orange V6 on the L.I.E. in Woodside; and an Ingot Silver Ecoboost on the BQE by the Brooklyn Navy Yard this weekend.

Man, I miss Long Island. Loved growing up there until I was 12-13. Such a beautiful place.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium

I saw 2 EB in the morning and a mean sounding GT going towards Astoria Park in the evening. I wonder if it was the Roush you saw? I only got a quick glance but it was one of the darker colors.

2 of the 3 previous S550s i saw were on LI; one on the LIE and another by the mall. But they're definitely out there now.

mr.aqua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Z51, 01 S2000
I see at least 2 or 3 a day now in San Diego. One day last week I counted 7 in a day! Most are non GTs and only seen 2 GTs with PP so far. The verts are also starting to show up now.

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
ugh astoria...can you go eat a burger and some ribs at sweet afton for me plz? lol

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I see at least 2 or 3 a day now in San Diego. One day last week I counted 7 in a day! Most are non GTs and only seen 2 GTs with PP so far. The verts are also starting to show up now.
I see them in spurts around SD...like I will see 2 or 3 in a day, and maybe 7 or 8 in a week - then, nothing for a week. I don't see many GTs, either, and I too am starting to notice a vert here and there, in LJ (a yellow, a white) and PB (a metallic). Recently I stopped at the Vons on Garnet and there were 3 x S550s parked in the lot including mine. :D

Mine has a clone; it was originally someone else's special order, then the exact one was reordered again, we suspect by the same person (same weird color scheme of RR/red leather). Still, I have yet to see it - or any other Ruby Red around, for that matter!

If you see me, please wave! :p No one waves. We all easily notice each other, no matter which year stang you drive, and the name is popular at the moment. Is it a 'cool California' thing? :shrug:

Sponsored

mr.aqua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Z51, 01 S2000
I live in UTC and see quite a few around my area. I don't have a mustang.... yet, if you see someone in a bright yellow C6 with a black stinger stripe or a silver S2000. That's me :)

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I live in UTC and see quite a few around my area. I don't have a mustang.... yet, if you see someone in a bright yellow C6 with a black stinger stripe or a silver S2000. That's me :)
I am sure our paths cross; I live in LJ (Torrey Pines area) and travel through UTC often to get there. ;)
Do you cruise the historic 101 sometimes? I see a yellow vette on occasion, usually heading in the opposite direction.

SeventhWard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SeventhWard
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT
The S550's have definitely landed in greater Los Angeles now. I've been seeing 3-4 a day, mostly Ecoboost and if it's a convertible it's a V6. Other than my own, I've only seen one other GT out in the wild and yes, we saluted one another -- a little side by side on the 101 freeway while I geeked out like a fanboy, forgetting for a split second that I finally had my own.

They're out there, man. 10,000 sold in March? Get ready to see more 2015 Mustangs on the road, fellas.

-SeventhWard

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
While at work tonight I saw a DIB drive by one of my CCTV cameras lol but that's the only other one I've seen so far.

While in vacation in florida there was FLOCKS of them haha must have been all the rentals

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
Most of the verts I've seen in SD are V6s which lead me to believe they are rentals. Most of them I've seen them in Coronado. The coupes are mostly Ecoboost and V6 with the occasional GT. I have yet to see a PP in the wild.
Sponsored