Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
anyone able to take a look at the attached logs? Both .csv and .hpl files are attached. STFT's seem off, it looks like its pulling fuel. Not my car, just trying to help someone out but I don't know enough about logs to pinpoint what is going on. Thanks
I had one log for the 8.5 pulley I did a boost check on so that's my reference. I was on e54 for this run. My stft is just as lean if not leaner and the ltft is way richer. I'm not sure how long it was after it had been flashed so that does play a big part in your fuel trims also my fuel/tune would make me richer on pump gas anyway. The timing looks great though but it is a mystery about the MAF lb/min being low because i was anywhere between 15 to 20 lbs higher at the same rpm. It could be boost leak. I have the boost PID set to on on my logs so I can see ~ what boost i'm at. I say approximately because the mustang does not have a MAP sensor so it is formula calculated by the ECU to give a boost reading. I'd love to see how accurate that is if anyone has put a map sensor on their car. You're losing air somewhere or the engine isnt working properly. If you want you should repoll parameters and make sure to add boost then make sure its showing on the hptuners scanner when you do a pull. If you are not getting around 9psi at peak boost then you'll know you have a leak. Honestly the fuel trims don't bother me its the MAF being down a good bit. I don't know if anyone else asked what are your other symptoms if you have any or did you just notice the log and wonder what was going on. Since your LTFTS are good i dont think your engine is in poor health because you'd see one bank way out from the other.

P.S.

Does anyone know if it is normal that my TPS maxes out at 88%? Stock intake manifold and stock TB.

Last edited:

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Has any one tried running any catch cans with their Ess kit?
I have a custom catch can setup for the dirty side (passenger side). I check it every week or so. Theres barely anything in it and im on the 11.5 psi pulley but have seen as high as 13-14 psi (as i stated above about the mustang not having a map sensor this reading could be off). I put on the catch can sort of to see if it was needed. The d/s pcv runs to the air filter which ive cleaned once now and that tube was dry as a bone.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Order placer for the G2 with larger intercooler and 125mm pulley.

Still unsure which tuner to go with as I want a smooth as possible shifting strategy. Currently on the FP calibration and love it. In track mode you can take fast corner and shift full throttle with confidence. Wish it could be copied/replicated to my FI tune.

Was initially oriented to go with Lund but read in a few threads their A10 shift is pretty firm and harsh.

Any tuner recommendation for a road course A10 car set up?

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Appreciate it I’ll look into that. Installing my g2 kit on my gen 3 right now definitely excited after reading everything in this thread.
I also run the same catch can set up as Muffin, I purchased mine directly from UPR and I'm very pleased with the set-up.

EngineBAY.jpg

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I had one log for the 8.5 pulley I did a boost check on so that's my reference. I was on e54 for this run. My stft is just as lean if not leaner and the ltft is way richer. I'm not sure how long it was after it had been flashed so that does play a big part in your fuel trims also my fuel/tune would make me richer on pump gas anyway. The timing looks great though but it is a mystery about the MAF lb/min being low because i was anywhere between 15 to 20 lbs higher at the same rpm. It could be boost leak. I have the boost PID set to on on my logs so I can see ~ what boost i'm at. I say approximately because the mustang does not have a MAP sensor so it is formula calculated by the ECU to give a boost reading. I'd love to see how accurate that is if anyone has put a map sensor on their car. You're losing air somewhere or the engine isnt working properly. If you want you should repoll parameters and make sure to add boost then make sure its showing on the hptuners scanner when you do a pull. If you are not getting around 9psi at peak boost then you'll know you have a leak. Honestly the fuel trims don't bother me its the MAF being down a good bit. I don't know if anyone else asked what are your other symptoms if you have any or did you just notice the log and wonder what was going on. Since your LTFTS are good i dont think your engine is in poor health because you'd see one bank way out from the other.

P.S.

Does anyone know if it is normal that my TPS maxes out at 88%? Stock intake manifold and stock TB.
That is the max throttle angle etc_actual which is normal. The pedal will show 100 but the throttle angle maxes at 88 degrees which is WOT.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10

Still unsure which tuner to go with as I want a smooth as possible shifting strategy. Currently on the FP calibration and love it. In track mode you can take fast corner and shift full throttle with confidence. Wish it could be copied/replicated to my FI tune.

Was initially oriented to go with Lund but read in a few threads their A10 shift is pretty firm and harsh.

You might want to adjust your driving style going around corners and shifting at WOT because with so much more power on hand, you might end up in the ditch. Respect the new power because it can get away from you quick if you're not ready for it.

In second gear rolling into the throttle on sticky tires the rear end will start to step out on you on some surfaces.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
You might want to adjust your driving style going around corners and shifting at WOT because with so much more power on hand, you might end up in the ditch. Respect the new power because it can get away from you quick if you're not ready for it.

In second gear rolling into the throttle on sticky tires the rear end will start to step out on you on some surfaces.
I hear you, had a PD 10psi mustang before this and I know what it means. Thats why I'm going a different route this time

Bigg 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I also run the same catch can set up as Muffin, I purchased mine directly from UPR and I'm very pleased with the set-up.

EngineBAY.jpg
Looks good. I was running another company’s catch can and thought it was doing its job but when I took the intake manifold off there was blow by every where so I’m trying to find a legit catch can to stop this.

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Looks good. I was running another company’s catch can and thought it was doing its job but when I took the intake manifold off there was blow by every where so I’m trying to find a legit catch can to stop this.
The only real way to keep it out of the intake is to run breathers (can be messy) or a dual vented catch can that doesn't recirculate the vapors, oil and condensation through the intake manifold.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I hear you, had a PD 10psi mustang before this and I know what it means. Thats why I'm going a different route this time
The centri definitely doesn't hit as hard down low as a PD, it builds power in a very linear fashion, but it can and will overload the tires once it gets to about 4000rpm in 2nd gear, and on shifts at max rpm with the 10speed in some of the higher gears as well.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Spoke with Darryl Wengerd, they are able to mantain the Ford Performance Cal shifting strategy. Sealed rhe deal for me!

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A

Mine shifts fine, Lund tune. It is not harsh, maybe a little firm, and in drag mode more firm; but normal driving it is not harsh. I usually drive in sport mode in order to get it a little more firm and to hold onto gears longer. They do offer a mode with the shifter in S, that allows you to roll race with. You can be in S, paddle into whatever gear you want and it holds that gear like a stock tune but will shift at WOT (no need to shift into D mode).