Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Jpjr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang V6 (traded)
They assemble the kits as the orders are received and it took about 2-3 weeks from the order date before I received it.

Did you order the G2 or G3 kit? Also, if you ordered the G2, did you get the G3 intercooler as an upgrade?
I got the G2 with the larger intercooler.
Sponsored

Jpjr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang V6 (traded)
Jesus,

I got your extra pulley added to the order. Your kit shipped today, your tracking info should be sent to your email. Thank you for the business and your patience.
Awesome! Thanks for the update. I wasn't expecting an update for another couple weeks and to hear it shipped is amazing, especially in these times where everything is delayed.

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Switched to the 105mm pulley on 93 with the meth kit.
Topped out at 709 whp / 541 wtq (Max of 688hp / 521 wtq on my previous setup with the 110mm pulley) so about 20 whp/wtq gain between the pulleys.

This is a daily driver though I work from home so I'm done with my power modifications. Time to just enjoy the car and fingers crossed that nothing blows up :crackup:

20210924_115119.jpg

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Switched to the 105mm pulley on 93 with the meth kit.
Topped out at 709 whp / 541 wtq (Max of 688hp / 521 wtq on my previous setup with the 110mm pulley) so about 20 whp/wtq gain between the pulleys.

This is a daily driver though I work from home so I'm done with my power modifications. Time to just enjoy the car and fingers crossed that nothing blows up :crackup:

20210924_115119.jpg
Were you running into some knock with the higher psi?

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Were you running into some knock with the higher psi?
I logged the three runs. There were flashes of it in one of the runs, +0.2* at 7000rpm but went away around 7300rpm.
The other run where there was no positive knock retard (it varied across negative values) I still noticed timing wasn't held at the max 17* (though any increase in KR, -3 to -2 or 1 to 2 pulls timing even if KR is still negative, at least that's what I see from the logs)
I'm not very knowledgeable on the details of these logs so I sent them over to PBD to take a look. Will see what comes back

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Has anyone experienced codes P2BEC which is (fuel control system A too lean bank 1) or P2BEE which is (fuel system A too lean bank 2) if so what was the root issue?

This occurs at even part throttle very slow driving and triggers a CEL. I've cleared it once and it came back very shortly thereafter.

VMP BAP and Lu47's on the ESS Supercharger.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Has anyone experienced codes P2BEC which is (fuel control system A too lean bank 1) or P2BEE which is (fuel system A too lean bank 2) if so what was the root issue?

This occurs at even part throttle very slow driving and triggers a CEL. I've cleared it once and it came back very shortly thereafter.

VMP BAP and Lu47's on the ESS Supercharger.

Any help or advice is appreciated.
Do you have logging capabilities? I had a system lean bank 1 code but discovered my catch can lines were loose

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I could be wrong but I think iat can also cause timing pull that won't show up as knock. I know you have meth which should be keeping the temps cool. When we did my 11 psi tune I actually don't know what the iats were but my tuner did say the blower was putting out heat.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Do you have logging capabilities? I had a system lean bank 1 code but discovered my catch can lines were loose
I'll have to double check that because I did touch them today. It's effecting both sides though. I did send a log to my tuner late this afternoon.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I'll have to double check that because I did touch them today. It's effecting both sides though. I did send a log to my tuner late this afternoon.
If it's effecting both sides that seems to me that it could be a vacuum leak. Since it's free might as well double check all the connections. Kind of a pain to take the bumper off again. Honestly ford you don't need so many screws in the skid plate lol

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
If it's effecting both sides that seems to me that it could be a vacuum leak. Since it's free might as well double check all the connections. Kind of a pain to take the bumper off again. Honestly ford you don't need so many screws in the skid plate lol
A vacuum leak from the charge piping seems unlikely since at idle and under light throttle the bov is open and steadily venting. It only closes when on the throttle enough to generate boost. Unless I'm misunderstanding how it is supposed to work. It would have to be somewhere on the pcv side of things if that is the case. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Brevin at ESS actually reached out to me personally last night and has given me some direction that I need to follow up on to see if that is the issue. Once I'm able to confirm it, I'll post up here if his suggestion was correct. I will definitely double check the pcv side of things this morning though.

**Edit** No leaks on the pcv side of things, all is properly connected.

Last edited:

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Had the car at the track again last night to do some more testing with the 105mm pulley. Still saw knock on the 22* race tune. Was hoping it was a fuel issue from the previous weekend, but I'm convinced now its just too much for that pulley. I'm going to swap back to the 110mm pulley and leave the car on it. In my opinion, the 105mm is probably fine with 18* 93 octane tune, but I personally wouldn't run it with out some octane booster. And for me at least, if I need to rely on Boostane or Octanium to keep me in the safe zone, its not something I feel comfortable with.

I may convert the car to E85 over the winter, still debating it. The 105mm pulley would be great on E.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Had the car at the track again last night to do some more testing with the 105mm pulley. Still saw knock on the 22* race tune. Was hoping it was a fuel issue from the previous weekend, but I'm convinced now its just too much for that pulley. I'm going to swap back to the 110mm pulley and leave the car on it. In my opinion, the 105mm is probably fine with 18* 93 octane tune, but I personally wouldn't run it with out some octane booster. And for me at least, if I need to rely on Boostane or Octanium to keep me in the safe zone, its not something I feel comfortable with.

I may convert the car to E85 over the winter, still debating it. The 105mm pulley would be great on E.
I'm also leaning towards a proper fuel system just to be able to run e85 and not be octane limited. This is SO addictive!

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium

From your experience, what would be the best setup for the average street car that goes to the drag strip for the weekend for 93 and a bap. Like what pulley, what injectors, g2 or g3. Thanks
Sponsored