Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Boost Controller (Boost gauge + Meth injection controller) on the A-Pillar. I used a gauge pod and drilled a hole in the A-pillar to pass the wires through for a clean setup. The A-pillars are relatively cheap so I'll buy another if I ever need to return to stock. There's a point right behind the A-pillar where you can pin tap into for power and grounding similar to tapping into the rear-view mirror for a radar detector or dash cam.
Boost_Controller.jpg

The lines from the boost controller right under the driver's side area. Most of the lines are unused for my setup since I have just one pump/nozzle and I'm using the windshield washer fluid tank. The boost line and power line go out through the firewall into the engine bay.
Boost_Controller_Lines.jpg

Line 1 (red line) is the power line from the boost controller to the pump (which is located near the windshield washer fluid tank) and line 2 (blue line) is the boost line from the boost controller.
Lines_In_Engine_Bay.jpg

Meth injection point located here past the MAF but before the throttle body to give the water + meth enough time to mix evenly with the charge air before getting to the cylinders. I previously was injecting right after the throttle body with the Snow throttle body adapter but was advised by members on here with meth kits to relocate the injection point further back to give enough time for mixing.
Injection_Line_On_Charge_Pipe.jpg

My kit came with a tank and 15" line as most people mount the kit tank in the trunk and route the injection line from the trunk to the engine.
I'm using my windshield washer tank instead and hooked in an NPT fitting to the tank which connects to the meth pump. This can all be done from the wheel well after taking out the front passenger tire.
There was quite a bit of extra line so I wrapped that around the washer fluid tank's neck and zip-tied it.
Using the washer fluid tank also means you get the warning on your dash when fluid is low and water + meth can be used to clean your windshield (though obviously not the cheapest way to do so).
Meth_Tank.jpg

The next two pictures show where I located the pump.
I spent almost an hour hooing and haaing about where to locate the pump and this was the best/easiest location I ended up with. It's resting on the frame inside that wheel well space and I zip-tied it in three spots to the frame to prevent any movement.
Pretty clean and hidden without any drilling or modification to the car and high enough to prevent any rain or other hazards getting to it though I'm sure it can withstand all that, the pump is built like a tank.
Meth_Pump_1.jpg
Meth_Pump_2.jpg

This is completely optional - I used a VMP IAT breakout harness to relocate my IAT sensor from the MAF on the charge pipe to the intake manifold near the vacuum lines. I used the spot previously for the PCV line (I have a UPR breather catch-can set-up)
IAT sensor relocation.jpg

Overall pretty clean install for me!
Overall_Setup.jpg
I really enjoyed the meth setup I had on my c7. I sprayed pure meth for the fueling and octane boost mostly but the lower iats were nice too especially in here in Arizona. Is yours a universal snow kit or alky control kit?
Sponsored

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I really enjoyed the meth setup I had on my c7. I sprayed pure meth for the fueling and octane boost mostly but the lower iats were nice too especially in here in Arizona. Is yours a universal snow kit or alky control kit?
Mine is a Snow kit
Nice! What did you you have setup on the C7 and how did the handling and power compare to your supercharged Mustang now?

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Mine is a Snow kit
Nice! What did you you have setup on the C7 and how did the handling and power compare to your supercharged Mustang now?
I had a a&a kit on it. V3 si. Started at 6.5 psi. That was the most my tuner recommened on 91. It made 580. Still felt very fast. We bumped to a 8.5 psi pulley when I added meth. Made 655hp and 580tq at 122 degrees in the dyno room. Compared to the mustang they're very different. Huge difference in weight. The mustang makes about the same torque but way more hp. The c7 was just violent out the hole or from a dig but a little out of breath earlier than the mustang due to the lower redline. I had a z51 with 7 speed. The mustang just screams to redline like it doesn't even want to be shifted. I think it would be a close race. The mustang has better top end but the c7 had better bottom and mid mostly from the weight difference but also it's a LS.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Boost Controller (Boost gauge + Meth injection controller) on the A-Pillar. I used a gauge pod and drilled a hole in the A-pillar to pass the wires through for a clean setup. The A-pillars are relatively cheap so I'll buy another if I ever need to return to stock. There's a point right behind the A-pillar where you can pin tap into for power and grounding similar to tapping into the rear-view mirror for a radar detector or dash cam.
Boost_Controller.jpg

The lines from the boost controller right under the driver's side area. Most of the lines are unused for my setup since I have just one pump/nozzle and I'm using the windshield washer fluid tank. The boost line and power line go out through the firewall into the engine bay.
Boost_Controller_Lines.jpg

Line 1 (red line) is the power line from the boost controller to the pump (which is located near the windshield washer fluid tank) and line 2 (blue line) is the boost line from the boost controller.
Lines_In_Engine_Bay.jpg

Meth injection point located here past the MAF but before the throttle body to give the water + meth enough time to mix evenly with the charge air before getting to the cylinders. I previously was injecting right after the throttle body with the Snow throttle body adapter but was advised by members on here with meth kits to relocate the injection point further back to give enough time for mixing.
Injection_Line_On_Charge_Pipe.jpg

My kit came with a tank and 15" line as most people mount the kit tank in the trunk and route the injection line from the trunk to the engine.
I'm using my windshield washer tank instead and hooked in an NPT fitting to the tank which connects to the meth pump. This can all be done from the wheel well after taking out the front passenger tire.
There was quite a bit of extra line so I wrapped that around the washer fluid tank's neck and zip-tied it.
Using the washer fluid tank also means you get the warning on your dash when fluid is low and water + meth can be used to clean your windshield (though obviously not the cheapest way to do so).
Meth_Tank.jpg

The next two pictures show where I located the pump.
I spent almost an hour hooing and haaing about where to locate the pump and this was the best/easiest location I ended up with. It's resting on the frame inside that wheel well space and I zip-tied it in three spots to the frame to prevent any movement.
Pretty clean and hidden without any drilling or modification to the car and high enough to prevent any rain or other hazards getting to it though I'm sure it can withstand all that, the pump is built like a tank.
Meth_Pump_1.jpg
Meth_Pump_2.jpg

This is completely optional - I used a VMP IAT breakout harness to relocate my IAT sensor from the MAF on the charge pipe to the intake manifold near the vacuum lines. I used the spot previously for the PCV line (I have a UPR breather catch-can set-up)
IAT sensor relocation.jpg

Overall pretty clean install for me!
Overall_Setup.jpg
Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures and for providing the level of detail that you did; it's a very clean, very discreet and very detailed installation! Nice set up!

I just ordered the same catch can set up for my car. I hated the idea of recirculating the oil back into the system, especially now that it's boosted. How much oil is it catching? How often? Any oil vapor smells noticeable from the cockpit?

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures and for providing the level of detail that you did; it's a very clean, very discreet and very detailed installation! Nice set up!

I just ordered the same catch can set up for my car. I hated the idea of recirculating the oil back into the system, especially now that it's boosted. How much oil is it catching? How often? Any oil vapor smells noticeable from the cockpit?
Thank you!

I've had it on for about 4,000 miles now since I installed the supercharger and checked the catch-can twice in that time. I'd say I've seen about 3 - 4 table spoons of oil in there...not a lot but enough that I won't want that getting into the engine.
When I had my intake manifold out to delete IMRCs there was quite a bit of oil between the manifold and the block. This was before boost so a big no-no for me to keep the PCV system as is with boost.

With where I have mine located, I've never smelt anything at all though my air conditioning is usually set to re-circulate.
There was some black dust/soot-like substance on the supercharger bracket (The catch-can is located right behind my supercharger as you saw in my previous meth post) which I assumed was from the vented oil vapors.
Not an issue as I clean the engine bay from time to time but I put a breather sock on recently to take care of that

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Thank you!

I've had it on for about 4,000 miles now since I installed the supercharger and checked the catch-can twice in that time. I'd say I've seen about 3 - 4 table spoons of oil in there...not a lot but enough that I won't want that getting into the engine.
When I had my intake manifold out to delete IMRCs there was quite a bit of oil between the manifold and the block. This was before boost so a big no-no for me to keep the PCV system as is with boost.

With where I have mine located, I've never smelt anything at all though my air conditioning is usually set to re-circulate.
There was some black dust/soot-like substance on the supercharger bracket (The catch-can is located right behind my supercharger as you saw in my previous meth post) which I assumed was from the vented oil vapors.
Not an issue as I clean the engine bay from time to time but I put a breather sock on recently to take care of that
That's Awesome! The black dust/soot might be belt dust from the SC pulley and not necessarily from the catch can, however I have not noticed any on mine as of yet.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
@Exploded_Muffin shouldn't the meth pump be mounted lower than the tank?
The instructions mention this to keep the lines and pump primed with fluid by preventing gravity induced back-flow to the reservoir.
I have a solenoid between the reservoir and the pump so there's no back-flow from the pump to the reservoir and I could mount it above the reservoir.
Saw this on a couple installations on YouTube and have run my system for almost 2,000 miles now with no issues.

Last edited:

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
That's Awesome! The black dust/soot might be belt dust from the SC pulley and not necessarily from the catch can, however I have not noticed any on mine as of yet.
Ah, didn't think of that!
I would expect the belt dust (if any) to be there initially but not after more than 2,000 miles of driving. It still builds up slightly over time after I clean it which is why I'm leaning towards the catch-can causing it.
I'll see if the breather sock clears it up and then can verify it was actually the catch-can's vented vapors.

Jpjr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang V6 (traded)
Ordered both the 110 and 115 pulley to be on the safe side. How long did you guys have to wait for your kit. Was told 2-4 weeks when I ordered mine.

Sponsored

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Ordered both the 110 and 115 pulley to be on the safe side. How long did you guys have to wait for your kit. Was told 2-4 weeks when I ordered mine.
Good idea. Start with the 110 and pulley up to 115 if your 93 pump gas can't handle it.
Sounds about right, just check in weekly with them to make sure everything is coming together fine.
Who will you be tuning with?

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
They assemble the kits as the orders are received and it took about 2-3 weeks from the order date before I received it.

Did you order the G2 or G3 kit? Also, if you ordered the G2, did you get the G3 intercooler as an upgrade?

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Ah, didn't think of that!
I would expect the belt dust (if any) to be there initially but not after more than 2,000 miles of driving. It still builds up slightly over time after I clean it which is why I'm leaning towards the catch-can causing it.
I'll see if the breather sock clears it up and then can verify it was actually the catch-can's vented vapors.
Maybe it could be just dust a grime from the road? Is it only on the sc bracket?

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Maybe it could be just dust a grime from the road? Is it only on the sc bracket?
The front side of the bracket (facing towards the bumper) is clean enough while the side facing the engine is the part that gets coated in the brown/blackish soot.

We'll see though, now I have the breather sock on that'll confirm if it was the vented vapors or otherwise. Not an issue either way, will update when I have more info