Car shipping

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Update:slightly unrelated to the actual car being shipped. I went and got the car registered and licensed today! That way when it ships today, I'll be ready to go and drive it, even if it arrives a little late! 😀 I only slept 3 hours last night. I couldn't sleep, I'm too excited. The driver said he would contact me 1 hour before he arrives, but he hasn't called me yet. Probably because its 10am and he said he would be here in the afternoon. Hurry up clock! 😭😭
I'm kind of getting excited for you too! :giggle: 👀
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I'm kind of getting excited for you too! :giggle: 👀
I’m gonna go home after work and have a Peroni for you. You’re all invited.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I already got mine Ppf/ceramic coated at granger. If I didn't do that, I definitely wouldnt even consider driving it home.
Out of curiosity, what did that run you for each option? And why PPF on top of the ceramic?

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
@PRTK350 recommended Fountain Transport to me. FT is a broker and based on my phone conversation only works with tried and transporters (mainly two-car haulers)

Passport Transport seems to be a favorite of youtuber Auto-Fanatic. My conversation with PT is that they have their own trucks and mainly haul multi-car, enclosed 40ft trailers

Haven't decided yet on which one to use.

Zach's recommendation to me was uship.com lol

-

GotNotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Z71
@PRTK350 recommended Fountain Transport to me. FT is a broker and based on my phone conversation only works with tried and transporters (mainly two-car haulers)

Passport Transport seems to be a favorite of youtuber Auto-Fanatic. My conversation with PT is that they have their own trucks and mainly haul multi-car, enclosed 40ft trailers

Haven't decided yet on which one to use.

Zach's recommendation to me was uship.com lol

-
Any ballpark price quotes?

Uship? That is who Zach uses?

Sponsored

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
Any ballpark price quotes?

Uship? That is who Zach uses?
roughly the same, from Granger to Naples, FL ~$1,900. They both wanted a delivery date, which I don't yet have, to give a more solid quote.

uship seems more like the autotrader.com of shipping

-

GotNotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Z71
roughly the same, from Granger to Naples, FL ~$1,900. They both wanted a delivery date, which I don't yet have, to give a more solid quote.

uship seems more like the autotrader.com of shipping

-
Enclosed or open?

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
You’re making me excited for YOU!
BTW,- It looks like my turn is coming. My VB M1 is being built as we speak!
I'm so happy for you! Are you also going to have to find a shipper to ship your car, are you picking it up yourself, or is it being delivered locally to you already?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
absolutely enclosed :D
I went with open, as enclosed shipping was looking to be 2600-3000$ and I already had it ppf/ceramic coated, so I wasn't worried about it getting minor scratches or anything like that with open shipping.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm so happy for you! Are you also going to have to find a shipper to ship your car, are you picking it up yourself, or is it being delivered locally to you already?
I have a shipper, but can’t really do much until the car gets to Zach. Should be another week or so. My build date was week of the 16th, but was apparently moved up. I guess it’ll be finished in a day or two.

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I’m gonna go home after work and have a Peroni for you. You’re all invited.
I had to look up what a peroni was. Lol. Tbh I thought it was going to be some sort of Italian food because it sounded like pepperoni. When I saw it was a beer, I face palmed so hard. 🤦‍♂️

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to look up what a peroni was. Lol. Tbh I thought it was going to be some sort of Italian food because it sounded like pepperoni. When I saw it was a beer, I face palmed so hard. 🤦‍♂️
Good stuff too! I’m a beer snob. Lol.
But I’m not picky. I’ll roll with whatever is available except Lowenbrau or Guinness.

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Out of curiosity, what did that run you for each option? And why PPF on top of the ceramic?
I never said I had the ppf on top of the ceramic, so idk why you're asking that. I had the ceramic put on top of the ppf. I think it ran me about 4,000$ and tbh idk if that was tax free or not, and that was just doing the front end with ppf And the ceramic was the whole car. I then had to pay the taxes on that when I licensed the car. So I may have been double taxed. Idk. But I'm not stressing over it. It was all put into a package deal and I dont have a separate receipt for the ppf/ceramic so I had to pay full Washington state taxes on it. Kind of annoying, but I find it unhealthy to stress minor things. I'm going to ask jay if there is possible a receipt copy I can get, but once again, if not, I dont streaa the small things. That's just how everything turned out,and I was kind of expecting to have to pay the tax on that since it was packaged into my whole financing of the car, and that's just what washington state does for cars. It probably would have bee. simpler to get it ppf/ceramic coated locally, but i didnt care at that point, and i made that decision.
Sponsored