Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I’m looking at the Blackvue DR900X. I think the smaller form factor would be less obtrusive, but I’d love to see pics of other setups.
Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
I have had a couple of Thinkware F50's for a few years. Got them at Best Buy for about $90 each. When they roach out they will be replaced. I like having one facing front and rear.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have a Rexing V1LG in my Mustang. It has internal GPS, with dual camera. Mine is hard wired into the car, and it works great. What surprised me is that I have near limo tint on my rear window, and it sees right through it.

When my wife got rear end last month in the Mustang the cam caught it all. Time stamped the impact with GPS and speed. Also a few swear words my wife uttered in Tagalog.

https://www.rexingusa.com/products/rexing-v1lg/
@Qckslvr

Can you please tell me where/how you hard wired the cam into the S550? Which fuse, etc? I have same and am trying to do install today.

Thanks

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue

Looks good: He gives the important hint for putting the wire behind the air bag. I just don't get it why he uses the driver side for installing the cable for rear camera when he already has pulled off the passenger side pillar cover.

Just another tip: clean the glas area with some cleaning alcohol soaked wipers before attaching the 3m pad for the mount. I did not and my the front camera fell off just 7 months after installation, probably because of the heat. Had a spare pad so no problem.

Sponsored

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Got a thinkware pro 4k set. front/ rear
2 power feeds , one to switched lead - records while parked.
Came with gps antenna and 12v adapter, so didnt need USB

Payed for itself already - girl rear-ended me and said I stopped for no reason.
Front cam got the guy who cut me off, and rear got her following too close.
Insurance was open and shut,.... fortunately cosmetic, and shop fixed without replacing parts.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Looks good: He gives the important hint for putting the wire behind the air bag. I just don't get it why he uses the driver side for installing the cable for rear camera when he already has pulled off the passenger side pillar cover.

Just another tip: clean the glas area with some cleaning alcohol soaked wipers before attaching the 3m pad for the mount. I did not and my the front camera fell off just 7 months after installation, probably because of the heat. Had a spare pad so no problem.
He actually does mention why and it’s because the input direction of the rear cam. But, since there is so much extra wire for the rear cam it doesn’t really matter which way you wire it as you have to stuff the extra up under the roof liner

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Got a thinkware pro 4k set. front/ rear
2 power feeds , one to switched lead - records while parked.
Came with gps antenna and 12v adapter, so didnt need USB

Payed for itself already - girl rear-ended me and said I stopped for no reason.
Front cam got the guy who cut me off, and rear got her following too close.
Insurance was open and shut,.... fortunately cosmetic, and shop fixed without replacing parts.
That is awesome. Glad the damage was minimal and nobody hurt. Curious... did you tell her you had it on cams or keep it to yourself?

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
That is awesome. Glad the damage was minimal and nobody hurt. Curious... did you tell her you had it on cams or keep it to yourself?
I advised her, and she realized she was done. pretty sure id have prevailed as rear ender is nearly solid, but the loophole is if the driver in front stopped for no reason. rear cam showed she was too close, regardless why I had to stop. all good, stuff happens - but the cams ended the argument, and insurance didnt try a % at fault offer - keeping rates clean is important to me.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What’s the tech term for the pins used for the mirror tap to build your own?

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My Fiancé got me a Viofo A129 Pro duo. Never installed it yet but I'll put it in the Mach 1. I'm sure it's pretty good since she spent a lot of time researching.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
What’s the tech term for the pins used for the mirror tap to build your own?
I've been searching for some pins for a DIY myself. I know there is a kit that has pins for a USB connection, but cannot find pins by themselves.

I have a hardwire kit but don't want to splice into my mirror wires. Would rather shove a pin in there for ground/power instead.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been searching for some pins for a DIY myself. I know there is a kit that has pins for a USB connection, but cannot find pins by themselves.

I have a hardwire kit but don't want to splice into my mirror wires. Would rather shove a pin in there for ground/power instead.
Exactly - same here. Been searching Amazon and am hitting on everything but those pins…

Anyone know what they are called?

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly - same here. Been searching Amazon and am hitting on everything but those pins…

Anyone know what they are called?
I think there are multiple terms (terminals, pins, etc.) for what we are trying to find. I think these might be pretty close.

Molex and Delphi have some. Should be able to crimp and/or solder with these. Second link is for a 16-18 guage wire.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...1YQvIdWEsWTDtp5RpXgkZB1i4xIW-7wAaAmPoEALw_wcB

https://www.customconnectorkits.com...ilsff8MzKRGXneHbbAKV3-sdTCbWG03QaAkSlEALw_wcB

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Have you considered just ordering on of the inexpensive mirror taps and cutting off the plug and just using the taps and wiring? I think the inexpensive ones only rou $15 or $16. That's what I would try if I couldn't find just the pins.
Sponsored