Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn’t even make logical sense why this would be a single use item. It’s not even what I’d call “cheap insurance”. There’s nothing there to wear out. It cam locks into place. Sure, you might, maybe, could argue the o rings may eventually start to seep or something like that, but the plugs not going anywhere.
Karen, must justify 80 bucks for drain plug, so they make up shit.

It's not a single use item, no one can post a dealer paid invoice the reads, 10qts oil, 1 filter and .............. wait for it a drain plug LMAO
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Just curious, where in the manual does it say that? Though I've heard it should be replaced after a few oil changes.
I remember reading it in the owners manual and I'll find the page when I get a chance. It was confirmed in one of the other Ronin threads too so I'm not entirely on crack.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Karen, must justify 80 bucks for drain plug, so they make up shit.

It's not a single use item, no one can post a dealer paid invoice the reads, 10qts oil, 1 filter and .............. wait for it a drain plug LMAO
Even if the plug wasn't (or isn't if I'm mistaken)a single use item, a drain valve is still much better IMO. Thank you for showing your ass consistently when you have differing opinions. It's nice to share a forum with such an obvious badass such as yourself lol.

Also, this is going to absolutely hilarious if I can't find the single use item thing in the owners manual hahaha!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Even if the plug wasn't (or isn't if I'm mistaken)a single use item, a drain valve is still much better IMO. Thank you for showing your ass consistently when you have differing opinions. It's nice to share a forum with such an obvious badass such as yourself lol.

Also, this is going to absolutely hilarious if I can't find the single use item thing in the owners manual hahaha!

But of course.............

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 10.54.32 AM.png

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch

Like my mother always said, "If you don't have something nice to say, join an online forum." Something like that.... I may be getting it wrong though.

I got the Ronin for two reason. One, for my 5 oil changes a year, making it easier to put oil straight into empty quart containers through a hose (which minimizes mess.) Two... because I wanted it, which is the only justification I need for anything I buy :)

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Can't all be winners obviously. What pray tell is your "better" generation?

Also, if I was whining about anything, and I don't think I was, why blame my entire generation? That's very, dare I say, "millennial" of you.

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
@Postal Bob It appears I am wrong about it explicitly being in the owners manual. I did find out where I got it in my head though, from Ronin's website! So I may have fallen prey to advertising. Either way, I'm happy with my purchase and would do again 10 times out of 10.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I know this is a Ronin thread, but going to throw this out there. I purchased the following:

https://www.uprproducts.com/upr-ford-easy-oil-drain-valve-for-mustang-f150-raptor-edge-explorer/

It is now $10 more than when I purchased, but I love it. My first oil change I left it open by accident, but had the rubber plug in. I drove it for about a month like that and it never leaked a drop.
Looks pretty darn close to the Ronin, and since I haven't heard of one of the mechanisms failing, I like the idea of the rubber dust cover as opposed to the screw in cap. Not a bad way to go until the fumoto comes out.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I know this is a Ronin thread, but going to throw this out there. I purchased the following:

https://www.uprproducts.com/upr-ford-easy-oil-drain-valve-for-mustang-f150-raptor-edge-explorer/

It is now $10 more than when I purchased, but I love it. My first oil change I left it open by accident, but had the rubber plug in. I drove it for about a month like that and it never leaked a drop.
Does the blue piece come off? Looks like it works just like the Ronin valve. Currently $20 less too, nice.

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
@Postal Bob It appears I am wrong about it explicitly being in the owners manual. I did find out where I got it in my head though, from Ronin's website! So I may have fallen prey to advertising. Either way, I'm happy with my purchase and would do again 10 times out of 10.
Sir, this is a forum. . . you are strictly forbidden from admitting you made an error!! You must instead dig your heals in and resort to name calling!!

Truth be told, I know I read that somewhere also. Just like you, it could have been marketing material and others perceptions.

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Does the blue piece come off? Looks like it works just like the Ronin valve. Currently $20 less too, nice.
No, the blue piece stays in the unit. The rubber drain plug is the only thing that comes off the unit.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Always compromises. What I don't like about it is the threads are exposed when the valve is closed. I wouldn't like dirt, etc accumulating and interfering with smooth operation and ending up inside the main body with no practical way to remove. Now if the blue part can be completely removed and the hole filled with a rubber plug, not so bad, but some wouldn't like a part that could be misplaced.

1625071001766.png

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Always compromises. What I don't like about it is the threads are exposed when the valve is closed. I wouldn't like dirt, etc accumulating and interfering with smooth operation and ending up inside the main body with no practical way to remove. Now if the blue part can be completely removed and the hole filled with a rubber plug, not so bad, but some wouldn't like a part that could be misplaced.

1625071001766.png
If the blue part came off, it would be just like the Ronin then. Maybe a rubber boot to cover the threads would work?

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)

1625071001766.png
Yes, I hit it with a little brake cleaner before I open the valve to drain the oil.
Sponsored