GT500 Track Attack - Impressions

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You two trolls are trolling it pretty hard. The thread topic is GT500 track attack impressions. I think both of your impressions would be that you don't have any because you didn't get to go. Why? Because you both don't own 500s.

Now, back to trolling.....
Sponsored

PR3DAT0R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
I have attended the 2 day Ford performance racing school, the 350 track attack and the gt500 track attack all in Charlotte and all three since November.

The GT 500 Track Attack was the most tame of the three. And in my opinion the answer is simple. since the 500 is an automatic it opens ownership to a broader base of customers. And those owners arent necessarily driving enthusiasts. Many in my GT500 group were more interested in cleaning and polishing their car for a Sunday drive than actually driving their car to the limit. Many had never driven a manual car and that’s the only option on the second day. at least one guy was forced to sit out most of second day for burning clutches out.

On the other hand, the racing school and the 350 track attack attendees were more track oriented enthusiasts.

At the racing school we were separated quickly based on ability. My son and I were together with one instructor and we ran those cars to the limit. Even to the point that the instructor told us without the upgraded tires on his car it was all he could do to stay in front of us. He was slipping and sliding all over the place.

the 350 track attack was a little less aggressive than the racing school early on, but the last session or two was wide open if you didn’t run into traffic.

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
Thank you for the write-up, I received my invitation last Friday and have been contemplating whether or not to go. I am still 50/50 as I would need to make a few arrangements to go. Part of me likes the overall aspect where you get to drive in different styles and tracks, however the other part of me says that I may not get as much since I have driven/ridden on the track and I used drag race, so that is not so new as well.

However....the thought of having a GT500 for a day to drive without beating on my own car is nice. The good thing is that I have some time to decide since they state that I have a year to pick a date.

Anyhow, thanks again for the details!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You have a year to attend. And the longer you wait, the less likely you are to get the date of your choice. Go. If you don't like it you can blame it all on me.

OP
OP
PUR_SPD

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
I ne

I need to find some HPDE in St. Louis.
PCA's next event is in October. Register early as it fills up in a matter of hours after registration opens. SCCA has an event the first Tuesday of every month from 2:00 until dark. Great events. All have instructors.

Sponsored

PR3DAT0R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
I have attended the 2 day Ford performance racing school, the 350 track attack and the gt500 track attack all in Charlotte and all three since November.

The GT 500 Track Attack was the most tame of the three. And in my opinion the answer is simple. since the 500 is an automatic it opens ownership to a broader base of customers. And those owners arent necessarily driving enthusiasts. Many in my GT500 group were more interested in cleaning and polishing their car for a Sunday drive than actually driving their car to the limit. Many had never driven a manual car and that’s the only option on the second day. at least one guy was forced to sit out most of second day for burning clutches out.

On the other hand, the racing school and the 350 track attack attendees were more track oriented enthusiasts.

At the racing school we were separated quickly based on ability. My son and I were together with one instructor and we ran those cars to the limit. Even to the point that the instructor told us without the upgraded tires on his car it was all he could do to stay in front of us. He was slipping and sliding all over the place.

the 350 track attack was a little less aggressive than the 500 early on, but the last session or two was wide open if you didn’t run into traffic.
Thank you for the write-up, I received my invitation last Friday and have been contemplating whether or not to go. I am still 50/50 as I would need to make a few arrangements to go. Part of me likes the overall aspect where you get to drive in different styles and tracks, however the other part of me says that I may not get as much since I have driven/ridden on the track and I used drag race, so that is not so new as well.

However....the thought of having a GT500 for a day to drive without beating on my own car is nice. The good thing is that I have some time to decide since they state that I have a year to pick a date.

Anyhow, thanks again for the details!
you should go. The instructors are great and it’s an overall great experience. i haven’t drag raced my 500 and wasn’t excited about that part of the day. I’ve been a drag racer for most of my adult life With other mustangs. I enjoyed my track time at the drag strip. And nobody was keeping score, but I had the fastest drag time that day.

EuroKllr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Just finished the 2-day school at FPRS. Had a great time, but one thing really surprised me was the lack of experience amongst the participants. Only 3 of us had track experience. Thankfully we were grouped together and the instructor let us go 95 percent on day 2 which was much faster the everyone else. Second half of day 2 was a blast, but day 1 especially the morning session was kind of a waste

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Second half of day 2 was a blast, but day 1 especially the morning session was kind of a waste
Wait...you were there for the GT350R? If so, the GT350 day is admittedly not the same. The half day drag racing and the other half at the speedway were a blast in the GT500.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Wait...you were there for the GT350R? If so, the GT350 day is admittedly not the same. The half day drag racing and the other half at the speedway were a blast in the GT500.
Totally agree. I did the 500 and 350 class back to back and the 500 class blows the 350 class out of the water

EuroKllr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
No, sorry I should have clarified. Did the standard 2-day driving school in the track-prepped GT's. Never did the GT350 or GT500 experience, so maybe this is the wrong forum to add my 2 cents. I wish I could go back and do a 2 or 3 day intermediate/advanced level class because I think all the instructors have a lot more to offer than what they are allowed to teach, probably due to time constraints.
Sponsored