Modifying As-Built Data Guide

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
In case disabling through speakers is possible, according to the documentation the ipc should take over and the chimes must be disabled there as well, so disabling the chimes through speakers might not be enough.

Finding the ipc internal speaker is also cumbersome because the internals of the electronic modules are not well documented in the workshop manual (understandable since they are closed components with defined interfaces). So to go all the way some more work and tinkering is necessary.

I had a look on available memory options once in a while but there were hundreds or thousands of them in Forscan. Since the IPC is controling the logical descision for sounding the chimes it is not unlikely that changing some yet to be found IPC memory addresses can have the desired effect.

If I can get access to an analog cluster, I consider swapping out the digital cluster. Then I could have the chance for more details but that might happen 'some day'.
Sponsored

fMErunnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think there's a separate plug for it. It's most probably integrated in the IPC. I can't unplug the whole IPC.
I meant the part that plays the sound. There is a small speaker or whatever. In my truck, it was just below the push to start button on drivers side. The ones coming thru the speakers, I never figured out.

tswen24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
s550 gt premium
hey guys,

I havent read all 213 pages yet but I am working on it lol. I trying to trouble shoot a can bus issue I been having.

I am using forscan... i was wondering anyone had a screen shot of what modules show up when you scan system when it is working correctly (attached mine).
I am been trying to narrow down the problem. I think I got a short in the harness. I just trying to narrow it down.

I got 2015 gt couple premium with memory

thank in advance for any help I been trying figure this out for months now.

mods.png

moreause

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
hey guys,

I havent read all 213 pages yet but I am working on it lol. I trying to trouble shoot a can bus issue I been having.

I am using forscan... i was wondering anyone had a screen shot of what modules show up when you scan system when it is working correctly (attached mine).
I am been trying to narrow down the problem. I think I got a short in the harness. I just trying to narrow it down.

I got 2015 gt couple premium with memory

thank in advance for any help I been trying figure this out for months now.

mods.png
sMEuMp.jpg

Unitrue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello,
try to acivate magneride at my 2.3 ecoboost 16MY. Anybody knows what should i activate?
Try to analise many configs but not shure that a can make it.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hello,
try to acivate magneride at my 2.3 ecoboost 16MY. Anybody knows what should i activate?
Try to analise many configs but not shure that a can make it.
Do you have all of the components for the Magneride suspension installed as well as associated modules? It isn't just a simple task of "activating it" using Forscan, all components must exist.

Unitrue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do you have all of the components for the Magneride suspension installed as well as associated modules? It isn't just a simple task of "activating it" using Forscan, all components must exist.
I know. yes everything already installed.
I need asbuild parameters (((

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've been returning my 2016 GT back to stock and finally finished everything up with going back to the Analog dash.

The only problem is that I grabbed an 18+ dash (didn't specify in the sale) and now I need to turn off BLIS/CTA.

Does anyone out there have the numbers figured out or know where to go exactly in FORScan to turn it off?

This would be my first time using FORScan and I'm a little in over my head with it.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I've been returning my 2016 GT back to stock and finally finished everything up with going back to the Analog dash.

The only problem is that I grabbed an 18+ dash (didn't specify in the sale) and now I need to turn off BLIS/CTA.

Does anyone out there have the numbers figured out or know where to go exactly in FORScan to turn it off?

This would be my first time using FORScan and I'm a little in over my head with it.

Listed under 2018+

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Just swapped from Sync 1 to Sync 3. As it sits now, my heat and a/c controls, heated/cooled seats, navigation, bluetooth, drive modes, steering modes, etc. all don’t function.

How do I get these to become active? Do I need to change the as-built data first and then enable them? I was messing around with Forscan earlier today and I’m stumped. I figured I’d make a post before going back at it.

Sponsored

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Listed under 2018+
Thanks again for the link. I have the dash configured 100% through using a mix of the As Built IPC and the IPC enable/disable

The only hard part now is the steering wheel configuration.

I programmed the left side of the wheel to work in the asbuilt but the right is challenging.

If I can get a mobile Hotspot, I'll run the factory.ab option in forscan and see if that corrects it.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
So my heat and air conditioning wouldn’t turn on because a fuse was blown during the install of the Sync 3 (likely because the battery wasn’t unplugged). After the Sync 3 was programmed properly and some diagnosing, the fuse was replaced and the a/c / heat system started right up. I had a friend help me diagnose the car and he said it was a BCM fuse in the passenger footwell fuse box.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Can someone esee tell me where I can find the information to input here. Thanks.
20210508_141137.jpg
Just in case you haven't found out how to bypass this.

I went to: https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do and entered my VIN.

Then clicked on VIEW PTI INFORMATION and from there I clicked the dropdown menu for PTI related electronic control units installed on this VIN and it was the code under the PCM SoftwarePartNo

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just in case you haven't found out how to bypass this.

I went to: https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do and entered my VIN.

Then clicked on VIEW PTI INFORMATION and from there I clicked the dropdown menu for PTI related electronic control units installed on this VIN and it was the code under the PCM SoftwarePartNo
I don't see any such option. Below is all I see:

1623370517828.png

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium