Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The 2015-2017 cars are worse than the 2018+ cars in this respect. Thats why going with lowering springs with more rate and keeping the stock dampers are a recipe for ill handling.
More specifically, if you lower a 2015-2017, it’s advisable to have the PP shocks and struts at minimum. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a bouncy jittery nervous feeling on bumpy roads, and it’s not fun. Tolerable under normal driving, but any upset to the wheels sends the stock shocks into a tizzy.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
More specifically, if you lower a 2015-2017, it’s advisable to have the PP shocks and struts at minimum. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a bouncy jittery nervous feeling on bumpy roads, and it’s not fun. Tolerable under normal driving, but any upset to the wheels sends the stock shocks into a tizzy.

Even with the 2018+ parts, not just as bad.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Just FYSA — I’m now running FRPP Street X Springs, Bilsteins, and Steeda’s adjustable bars. The ride is sublime and handling is on-point. Heaps better than a PP’s suspension, and much more compliant and enjoyable on New York’s pimpled roads than with my prior stiffer springs.

For those reading through this thread, really consider a damper other than the Street package’s OEM PPs, and grab better sway bars than this package offers if you’re going through the trouble of installation. The X-springs are excellent; only good words.

- Mike

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I've got the street handling pack along with the other stuff in my sig.

I have zero complaints about it. For a car that only sees street duty it's so much better than the base and a perfect mix of comfort and handling. The overall ride height ends up great as well.

The roads in my area are terrible but the car feels great on them.

But to each their own. Some will say it's shit but I really have to disagree and couldn't be happier.

Ride height ends up like this....

20180901_063424.jpg
Does anyone have this kit on a V6? If so, thoughts? I want mine to be a bit lower but handle better on the street. I’m not tracking the car, but I enjoy a spirited drive to work or when I’m out.

Silverstone03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Here's another pic when the car had different wheels. I plan on getting rid of these and going steeda progressive.
1.jpg
Would like to see the difference and get your perspective on the Steeda Progressive after you’ve changed. I had the adjustments discussed earlier in the thread and the rear still looks the same.

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 MT-82, 2019 5.0 10R80
Would like to see the difference and get your perspective on the Steeda Progressive after you’ve changed. I had the adjustments discussed earlier in the thread and the rear still looks the same.
Unfortunately it won’t be any time sooner the steeda springs. I did meet up with a bunch of other s550s on a rally and I noticed my rear being higher then most. I was behind a steeda progressive spring car and visually I could tell it sat lower than our X springs cars. Either one are great just depends what look your prefer.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s a few photos of the X springs on my car. This is 3 weeks after install — the rear of the car was laughable high for about a week, but has settled nicely:

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

The fenderwell gap from front to rear is nearly identical at 1.15” (front is 2mm less gap) with my staggered setup. I run 275/30/20 and 305/30/20 MPS4S. Very pleased overall — the ride is super good.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Silverstone03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Here’s a few photos of the X springs on my car. This is 3 weeks after install — the rear of the car was laughable high for about a week, but has settled nicely:

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

The fenderwell gap from front to rear is nearly identical at 1.15” (front is 2mm less gap) with my staggered setup. I run 275/30/20 and 305/30/20 MPS4S. Very pleased overall — the ride is super good.
Yeah, I really like the ride on the X springs. I can barely fit 1 finger between front wheel and fender and I can fit two between rear wheel and fender. The front dropped almost 1.5” for me. I’m having my dealership look at tomorrow while it is in for other work.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I really like the ride on the X springs. I can barely fit 1 finger between front wheel and fender and I can fit two between rear wheel and fender. The front dropped almost 1.5” for me. I’m having my dealership look at tomorrow while it is in for other work.
Considering your large diamter tires, the front seems to be in line and correct — the rear with your 305/35/20s is about 0.5” too high. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:

Silverstone03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Considering your large diamter tires, the front seems to be in line and correct — the rear with your 305/35/20s is about 0.5” too high. Let us know how it goes.
Rear did drop a little after the dealer made adjustments with full weight of car on the ground. Still not as far as I had hoped, but hoping it might settle a bit more in the next few weeks.

CarbonizedGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
The drop will also depend on your initial ride height and whether you're starting with the PP or base GT. For example, I installed Bilstein B16s (just the back for now) just recently and the drop was close to 2" yet it was advertised an only 1" drop. However, I started with a base GT that is somewhat higher riding than a PP car, so that's probably where the difference came from. Note that the 2" drop for me was on the highest setting for height since they are adjustable. I ended up getting a spacer in the back to get the height back up. Expecting the same thing to happen in the front.
I just had the FP Street Handling pack installed, and it dropped the front end like it was supposed to, but it doesn't look like there was a change on the rear. I wanted the height even. When I asked if the rear suspension was adjustable, I was told no...

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I just had the FP Street Handling pack installed, and it dropped the front end like it was supposed to, but it doesn't look like there was a change on the rear. I wanted the height even. When I asked if the rear suspension was adjustable, I was told no...
Nothing about the Street kit is adjustable and on the Track kit only the sway bars are, what made you think the height would be adjustable? Give it a few miles to settle, I feel like my new setup definitely lowered some amount after driving it a couple days.
Sponsored