Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
What
Thanks for the great info. I didn't have the Mag suspension on the Vette. I installed LG GT2 Coilovers which effectively planted my car like a pancake taking turns at 4 times posted limit.

A buddy of mine who's a race car driver said it will be night and day difference between the Mustang and the Vette.

I guess what I'm trying to accomplish is getting the car planted and not spinning tires thru 4th gear. I put together one package on Steeda which cost $1300 about a 2k and 14 hour install. The Performance Pack is about a $700 install and cost less.

I just want to make the right decision the first time.

I was on the Corvette for about 6 months and asked around 1000 questions before I began modding.

Here, I'm still learning that's why some of my questions may seem dumb.

Just sold my baby. Man, I miss her.

20210126_162529.jpg
What made you get out of vette? I mean it’s a brilliant car and much more of a sports car than the mustang .
just curious.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
What

What made you get out of vette? I mean it’s a brilliant car and much more of a sports car than the mustang .
just curious.
I did so many mods that it was becoming difficult to drive. Also, my extended warranty was about to expire. And it was a manual and I'm getting bad knees.
But this new car will blow away my Vette. And I was ready for a change. Isn't the Mustang supposed to be America's sports car?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't the Mustang supposed to be America's sports car?
only in the fevered minds of those who hug the Ford roundel to their chest while they sleep....
If any car fit that description it's the Corvette.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Mustang would certainly be 'America's ponycar'.

Roundel is BMW. Ford is always going to be the Blue Oval (no matter how hard they might want to be BMW). But that's getting picky even for me.

Norm

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I did so many mods that it was becoming difficult to drive. Also, my extended warranty was about to expire. And it was a manual and I'm getting bad knees.
But this new car will blow away my Vette. And I was ready for a change. Isn't the Mustang supposed to be America's sports car?
[/QUOTE
only in the fevered minds of those who hug the Ford roundel to their chest while they sleep....
If any car fit that description it's the Corvette.
This is getting weird.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Anyone have any experience with the Ford performance Street handling pack? I’m interested in installing it on my S550 GT convertible, however American muscle shows it’s for fastback units only. They also state in their Q&A section that it does not fit convertibles due too different weight distribution between the models.

That being said, performanceparts.ford.com Shows it fits both fastback and convertibles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Call steeda tell them what your trying to achieve and they will give you there honest opinion.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
With my ‘15 PP, would it be beneficial to simply change to a better quality set of dampers? More than once ppl have mentioned that PP dampers are crap. Are they really that bad? I might like to go lower by an inch max but really prefer drivability in regard to not scraping on everything. Obviously, tearing all that down in the front to do dampers would be the time to do springs if ever.
I have steeda min drop springs .5 inch all around 200lbs in front 800lbs in back linear springs. The car rides a little harsher than before but I haven't changed the shocks yet. When I go around corners the car has very little lean. Overall I like the way it rides. Just my opinion.

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Last edited:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
What you suggest to keep my car on the road?

I would just do the Ford Racing kit for Magnaride. I PM'd you as well. This gets the car to a better than PP2 level which is darn near the handling of the GT350R.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Driving the car a couple of days ago in some more challenging situations for a suspension showed me there is certainly room for improvement. I took some curves that were not especially smooth. When the road is smooth, the suspension can take a "set" and you can really go for it, but any undulation seems to make the dampers struggle to keep up and the car feels off balance momentarily. Hopefully I am describing that right. it's like the dampers don't rebound quick enough at times.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Driving the car a couple of days ago in some more challenging situations for a suspension showed me there is certainly room for improvement. I took some curves that were not especially smooth. When the road is smooth, the suspension can take a "set" and you can really go for it, but any undulation seems to make the dampers struggle to keep up and the car feels off balance momentarily. Hopefully I am describing that right. it's like the dampers don't rebound quick enough at times.

The 2015-2017 cars are worse than the 2018+ cars in this respect. Thats why going with lowering springs with more rate and keeping the stock dampers are a recipe for ill handling.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
The 2015-2017 cars are worse than the 2018+ cars in this respect. Thats why going with lowering springs with more rate and keeping the stock dampers are a recipe for ill handling.
What about the 2022 cars?
Sponsored