Sponsored

Ford Performance Street Handling pack experience

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So, if I install this I won't need the Stop the Hop kit?
stop-the-hop is for an entirely different set of problems. Align your IRS (dowels) and replace your diff bolts ($35 kit) and optionally get an IRS brace. If you go FI then replace your I diff and IRS bushings with Whiteline (they have both drop-in and press-in) and get the IRS brace and the do the bearing. If you're going to spend $12,000+ for FI, what's another 2 in parts+labor?
Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Stop the hop has nothing to do with the Ford performance kit. It stops or decreases movement in rear subframe to curb wheelhop
And what does the Street Handling Pack do?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And what does the Street Handling Pack do?
give you a "sad sack" set of dampers (same crap as the PP1) while lightening your wallet. If you're gonna buy a kit get the Track Handling one. Or buy the version of the kits without the dampers (ie just the springs and bars) and buy a set of Bilstein dampers.

victorhora

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
My impressions of the Ford Performance Track Handling Pack have been rather positive on my Convertible. I think I drove over 500km with it since I installed early January. Mostly backroads/highway and some city driving.

Also added the FP control front arm and the GT350 strut tower brace. Now it handles as a sports car should. I'm still driving with the 18's and winter tires... I expect even better handling once I swap to the Pirelis PS4 and the PP 19's next weekend =)

Some more details here:
https://www.mustangecoboost.net/thr...-ford-performance-upgrades.23100/#post-249000

Edit: Notice the gentle drop with the OEM 18's from the Premium package. (A backroad in southern Ontario - Jan/2021)
1616101321622.png

1616101421462.png

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Like GT premium with no PP? If that's what you mean then yes, you need something like this more than you realize.

The base suspension is terrible. It belongs in the trash unless the car is for a grandma.
I have the GT Premium with PP/MR. I'm trying to figure out the best suspension upgrade because I'll have a Supercharger. There's just so much info to digest. Any help is appreciated.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the GT Premium with PP/MR. I'm trying to figure out the best suspension upgrade
well, since you chose MR some extra preload on the front springs might be your best bet to get some ride-height back. But the SC will definitely scew with the rebound damping but maybe in a good way. Deal with the IRS/Diff and you should be happy enough.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I have the GT Premium with PP/MR. I'm trying to figure out the best suspension upgrade because I'll have a Supercharger. There's just so much info to digest. Any help is appreciated.
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't know what kind of suspension components you are going to need you'll probably also won't know what's good handling or bad handling. In your case having a magneride suspension you are going to be very limited. I would go with a Ford Racing magneride kit that has the upgraded sway bars and lowering springs and be done with it. You can then move on to the IRS lockout and other associated parts to keep the IRS in place.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't know what kind of suspension components you are going to need you'll probably also won't know what's good handling or bad handling. In your case having a magneride suspension you are going to be very limited. I would go with a Ford Racing magneride kit that has the upgraded sway bars and lowering springs and be done with it. You can then move on to the IRS lockout and other associated parts to keep the IRS in place.
I had a heavily modified C7 Corvette Z51 pushing 550rwhp. I know the difference between good and bad handling. I'm new to Ford.
Thanks.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a heavily modified C7 Corvette Z51 pushing 550rwhp. I know the difference between good and bad handling. I'm new to Ford.
Thanks.

Sorry I never meant to insult you,if I did it's just from the questions that you asked seems (not that you don't) like you didn't know much about suspensions regarding whether it's a Ford or a Chevy. The fact that you have the magneride suspension is going to limit you, unless you want to ditch the magneride. Either you go with a Ford Racing kit that's already prefabricated and ready to go for the magneride or you're going to have to go with a Steeda or maybe even BMR both custom rate springs.

The fact that you have a supercharger hanging on the front of that car is going to change quite a bit of the parameters as well due to the extra weight hanging over the front of the nose of that car. The base maganride suspension shocks are going to be geared more towards the soft side. If you got the magneride suspension with the performance package that magneride shock is going to be geared more towards performance. Please keep in mind that with the Magneride yo ulimit how much you can lower the car.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry I never meant to insult you,if I did it's just from the questions that you asked seems (not that you don't) like you didn't know much about suspensions regarding whether it's a Ford or a Chevy. The fact that you have the magneride suspension is going to limit you, unless you want to ditch the magneride. Either you go with a Ford Racing kit that's already prefabricated and ready to go for the magneride or you're going to have to go with a Steeda or maybe even BMR both custom rate springs.

The fact that you have a supercharger hanging on the front of that car is going to change quite a bit of the parameters as well due to the extra weight hanging over the front of the nose of that car. The base maganride suspension shocks are going to be geared more towards the soft side. If you got the magneride suspension with the performance package that magneride shock is going to be geared more towards performance. Please keep in mind that with the Magneride yo ulimit how much you can lower the car.
Thanks for the great info. I didn't have the Mag suspension on the Vette. I installed LG GT2 Coilovers which effectively planted my car like a pancake taking turns at 4 times posted limit.

A buddy of mine who's a race car driver said it will be night and day difference between the Mustang and the Vette.

I guess what I'm trying to accomplish is getting the car planted and not spinning tires thru 4th gear. I put together one package on Steeda which cost $1300 about a 2k and 14 hour install. The Performance Pack is about a $700 install and cost less.

I just want to make the right decision the first time.

I was on the Corvette for about 6 months and asked around 1000 questions before I began modding.

Here, I'm still learning that's why some of my questions may seem dumb.

Just sold my baby. Man, I miss her.

20210126_162529.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to accomplish is getting the car planted and not spinning tires thru 4th gear.
then you have to fix the IRS/Diff/RCLA bearing and brace the IRS. The factory car comes with a hinge in the chassis.

I would probably hold off on springs and bars till you try the above esp with that extra 200lbs.
You may end up going down the path of buying a Magneride tuner which runs like 1200 and then you get to play with maps.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
then you have to fix the IRS/Diff/RCLA bearing and brace the IRS. The factory car comes with a hinge in the chassis.

You may end up going down the path of buying a Magneride tuner which runs like 1200 and then you get to play with maps.
The Ford Track Pack comes with a Magneride tuner. I just don't know if my car already comes like this.

I'm looking at these:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9602-M

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-4459-s550-stage-3-drag-pack-#/filter:ss_ymm:Mustang$253E2021

OK, so, you're speaking Latin. What is IRS/Diff/RCLA and how do I fix it?

Thanks for your help.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Ford Track Pack comes with a Magneride tuner. I just don't know if my car already comes like this.

I'm looking at these:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9602-M

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-4459-s550-stage-3-drag-pack-#/filter:ss_ymm:Mustang$253E2021

OK, so, you're speaking Latin. What is IRS/Diff/RCLA and how do I fix it?

Thanks for your help.
That's the handling pack not the Track kit. I like the 9602 kit. If I had magneride it's the kit I would have gone with.
Sponsored