Flat shifting is pretty slick!

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
RPM was above 5,000 and drive mode was track too?
not 100% sure on RPM but most likely(hard not to be at WOT) and was in Sport+ mode (my normal drive mode). There is a stretch of long flat road leading to my house that I exercise the NLTS setting on quite frequently :)
Sponsored

chorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
so just to clarify, this rev matching / NLS programming feature does away with the need to apply old school heel-n-toe track action, correct?

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It was fun working on the "NLS" programming that ended up in the Mach 1. I must say it's probably the best/smoothest/smartest "NLS" system of any car that i've driven. Glad to hear you guys are enjoying it.
Does NLS exist in any of the regular GT models - or is it only added with a “Performance Pack”?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Does NLS exist in any of the regular GT models - or is it only added with a “Performance Pack”?
My PP1 doesn't have it...or I'm doing it wrong.

Sponsored

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I tried it out yesterday. Color me impressed!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Hah - I’m scared to try it myself on my 2019 PP1.
It's not that bad actually. Shift fast. Shift true. RPM don't climb too much at all. Clutch replacement is also cheap compared to other cars I've had.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Come on, try it on track mode - everyone is waiting upon you ... :like:

WD :like:
Almost off work. A little mist rolling through but we shall see if I pass through Mexico in track mode lol.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Drive mode was Sport+. Didn't think to try any other modes. I don't drive in any other modes usually. I don't want Snow/Wet to tell me what I can and can't do. Give me all the throttle all the time. But I'm totally fine with leaving TC and stability control on. I don't push the car nearly hard enough for those to hinder me.
I remember reading somewhere that it was only enabled in track mode. Possibly in the description of the FP tune for 2015-2017 Mustangs.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
This is my NLS setup:

IMG_20200219_201556 (1).jpg

The old Hurst shifter hooked up to a Toploader works pretty well. I haven't even tried to NLS on my '18 because there's no way my street tires will hook with the supercharger. I do think the NLS and downshift rev matching are really nice features when available. I had a ride around Hallett road course a couple of years ago in a '19 Bullitt, and the rev matching worked quite well. The term I grew up using for NLS is "powershifting".

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
so just to clarify, this rev matching / NLS programming feature does away with the need to apply old school heel-n-toe track action, correct?
No-lift shifting would be upshifts only. Downshifts get active rev matching if they get anything at all.

Norm

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Come on, try it on track mode - everyone is waiting upon you ... :like:

WD :like:
Was too wet to do any testing on my way home. Supposed to be dry the rest of the week so maybe tomorrow. Would be cool if it works in track mode.

OP
OP
Grey-Smoke

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
It was fun working on the "NLS" programming that ended up in the Mach 1. I must say it's probably the best/smoothest/smartest "NLS" system of any car that i've driven. Glad to hear you guys are enjoying it.
Yeah I don’t have any experience with other cars doing it but it seems perfect to me. You guys put a lot of work into the Mach and it shows. It’s so fun to drive and unbelievable how well it performs right off the showroom floor.

Do you have a one lap video of the Mach yet? I watched a couple videos from the media guys that drove it last week but watching you drive it I’m sure would be really cool. I know you could push it to it’s limits.
Sponsored