Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
were you steady over 5k
Yep. Tried a few times shifting between 5k and 7k and it didn’t act any different that any other manual when you shift while staying on the throttle.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
is that strictly necessary though? It's not like today's shifters are as sloppy as yesteryear.
You're "pre-loading" your muscles at the same time, so you'd be getting the shift lever moving faster, sooner. No waiting for 'slop' to be taken up on the carbon-based side of the job.

But to really appreciate it we just need to go to sequential shifting and stop pussy-footing around.
Ronnie Sox just rolled over in his grave . . .

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
it’s called NLTS in the tuner world, NoLiftToShift for you civilians 🤪
pfffft... tuners is kids who think putting a different name on things that have been around longer than they have makes it an all new thing they just 'discovered'.

Norm

Sponsored

OP
OP
Grey-Smoke

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Haha. When men were MEN!
I’m old enough to know how to power shift. This is different/made to do it and not hurt anything.
Just thought I’d share.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
lol...I haven’t used shaving cream since the summer of 1992, when my drill sergeant (who didn’t believe mine grew that fast) made me dry shave in front of the platoon for a week 😁

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
On my way home from work I had opportunities to experiment a little. Nothing held the RPM for a no lift shift. It acted at it should have and as I expected with RPMs increasing once clutch got pressed.
On my Ford Performance Tune version of NLTS you MUST be at WOT for it to engage, anything less and it's just your regular ole shift. When at WOT the NLTS kicks in and when you kick the clutch it locks your RPM's until the clutch re-engages.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
On my Ford Performance Tune version of NLTS you MUST be at WOT for it to engage, anything less and it's just your regular ole shift. When at WOT the NLTS kicks in and when you kick the clutch it locks your RPM's until the clutch re-engages.
I was WOT every time, just shifted at varying RPMs. Every time they went up as expected so when in the next gear and releasing clutch there was some nice tire chirps also expected. When I get the power pack for my car I'll have to try again to see if the tune makes it any different.

Sponsored

jimharrell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Pretty sure it's an '18 and up thing. Think I remember CJPonyparts talking about it and even the manual ecoboosts get it so they can keep boost while slamming gears. Not sure I can tell my feet to operate differently than I'm used to lol
only on the EcoBoosts, not GTs

jimharrell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I was WOT every time, just shifted at varying RPMs. Every time they went up as expected so when in the next gear and releasing clutch there was some nice tire chirps also expected. When I get the power pack for my car I'll have to try again to see if the tune makes it any different.
For the 18+, it won't. Ford Performance said the car already had NLS...LOL

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
But I'm old. I had a 1971 GMC 1500 pickup with a 3 on the tree. One time I was driving and all of a sudden the shifter lost all resistance. Coasted off the road and looked under the truck and saw a linkage arm hanging where a pin had come out. Found a wire coat hanger behind the seat, crawled under the truck and wired the linkage back together, and was able to drive it home. Aah the good old days where everything was slow and nothing was complicated!
I had one of those trucks. Had a straight 6 with a 3 on the tree. What a gutless piece of truck. But it did do what was asked of it.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
RPM was above 5,000 and drive mode was track too?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
RPM was above 5,000 and drive mode was track too?
Drive mode was Sport+. Didn't think to try any other modes. I don't drive in any other modes usually. I don't want Snow/Wet to tell me what I can and can't do. Give me all the throttle all the time. But I'm totally fine with leaving TC and stability control on. I don't push the car nearly hard enough for those to hinder me.
Sponsored