Is window tint cool or lame?

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
80% tint on your windshield? That seems nuts!
I used to have 70% Ceramic on my windshield and it’s AMAZING!! 0 glare....keeps the car so much cooler if you can find a place that will do it.....it’s life changing!!!
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I used to have 70% Ceramic on my windshield and it’s AMAZING!! 0 glare....keeps the car so much cooler if you can find a place that will do it.....it’s life changing!!!
80 is still invisible really, 90 really can’t see it. I was going for 90 but they steered me to 80. And I notice like a 3% difference from invisible to something

90% all day or 80. I don’t think anyonewould evernotice my tint.

OP
OP
MNstang

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Got the car back from the tint shop today - I think it looks really good. 35% on the sides and rear. Thanks for all the advice guys. Black roof and spoiler coming soon!

20210310_170038.jpg

Erratikmind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem M6/401A/PP1/MR, '19 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Here in the desert, dark window tint all around is cool . . . No pun intended.

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
To me tint is functional. I just did 15% lumar on my gt, I thought I was going light but after reading through this thread Im not sure. Cost $210. It was my sixth vehicle done at same shop and I believe that cost is typical for my area I have my work truck at 5% but typically don’t drive it at night. It’s too dark at night at 48 years old but perfect in the blazing sun during the daytime. It’s a quad cab Chevy and I felt like I was in a fish bowl the week I drove it without tint. We did my wife’s expedition and just asked them to match the factory tint. I’m guessing that’s 15% as well.

Sponsored

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2007 Audi S4, 2016 Mustang GT/CS (sold)
This question is a bit weird to me. I literally don't care what anyone else thinks, so window tint is only whether I like it or not. I would imagine that's true for other people, but the nature of the question makes me doubt that it's true.
Do you guys go through life making decisions based on what other people think?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
This question is a bit weird to me. I literally don't care what anyone else thinks, so window tint is only whether I like it or not. I would imagine that's true for other people, but the nature of the question makes me doubt that it's true.

Yes they really do and is amazing. Makes ya winder what goes on in the garage late at night no one to tell them there whatever is cool. Crushing that self esteem LMAO

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Not at all...

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
OP, I don't know how the sunlight and heat is in Minnesota, but if you lived in a state like CO or GA, you would definitely know the tint is not for looks, but rather blocking the sun and the heat. I have 35% on my cars, so not the really dark stuff. Using ceramic tint is the biggest advantage to blocking the sun's rays and the heat.

Last edited:

Sponsored

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
I put 20% on all my cars for the past 25 years. Never an issue with cops pulling me over for a tint check. 35% in TN is the limit. Speeding tickets and all...they never mention anything about it

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Also agree with this. Love mine as well. Keeps glare down at night too. And it's barely even visually noticeable to cops.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
How about putting up some numbers for Ceramic tint ?

CrowsHeadSoup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hey guys! Semi - serious question. What do you think? I've always thought it was cool but now I'm approaching 40 and I'm feeling like maybe I'm too old for tint on my car... 🤔
What does age have to do with tinted glass? Or, maybe I don't want to know. 😉

slick_rick_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT350
It is literally and figuratively cooler, especially if you get the ceramic tint. I have 15% all around, 35% windshield and I can get into an all black car in the prime of summer and not feel like I'm approaching the center of the earth. Win win for me.
Sponsored