Sponsored

Is window tint cool or lame?

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys! Semi - serious question. What do you think? I've always thought it was cool but now I'm approaching 40 and I'm feeling like maybe I'm too old for tint on my car... šŸ¤”
Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Hey guys! Semi - serious question. What do you think? I've always thought it was cool but now I'm approaching 40 and I'm feeling like maybe I'm too old for tint on my car... šŸ¤”
I tinted my car with ceramic tint at 15% on the fronts and ceramic 5% on everything else. I live in an area thatā€™s hot and I wouldnā€™t own a car that isnā€™t tinted for comfort reasons and I donā€™t like ppl looking into my car. Iā€™m 41 šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I like tint. I put 50% on all my cars all way around (80% on windshield) I like the light smoke. my mustang is 55% all around. its just enough to provide some smoke, but not black like everyone else.

Mine is ceramic though, so it does reduce heat incredibly.

IMG_7927.jpg

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You can do it still. You just can't be quite so dark with the tint.

That is where I stand as a man now in my 30s.
I think the lighter tints all around are classy. the blacked out tints look cool, and really nice, but I think the lighter tints are just classy looking. ive been rocking the 50% tint since I was 20 lol. All my friends are using like 0-15% even on windshield, can't even see out the damn things.

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
I think the lighter tints all around are classy. the blacked out tints look cool, and really nice, but I think the lighter tints are just classy looking. ive been rocking the 50% tint since I was 20 lol. All my friends are using like 0-15% even on windshield, can't even see out the damn things.
I was a 15% guy in my 20s. Now I'm a 50%. A nice side benefit is now I can see while backing up at night too.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I was a 15% guy in my 20s. Now I'm a 50%. A nice side benefit is now I can see while backing up at night too.
Awww Zack my 41 yo eyes see fine at night backing up with 5% on my back window man!! šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
MNstang

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I like tint. I put 50% on all my cars all way around (80% on windshield) I like the light smoke. my mustang is 55% all around. its just enough to provide some smoke, but not black like everyone else.

Mine is ceramic though, so it does reduce heat incredibly.

IMG_7927.jpg
80% tint on your windshield? That seems nuts!

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
110 degrees in the summer is worth the possible fix it ticket here in Ca... 35%

OP
OP
MNstang

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
That's almost nothing.. higher the number the lighter the tint
Got it - you can tell I don't know much about it! What's is typically the legal limit for the rear and sides?

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Here on the Gulf Coast there's no way I could survive without window tint. It's neither cool or lame, it's necessary.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
It is not about the tint... you seem to be going through something right now. šŸ¤£

Tint keeps your car cool.

Unless you normally do 5% or something. Then you might want to lighten it up for night driving. Your eyesight will go in old age!

OP
OP
MNstang

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
MN tint laws - "Windshield: No tint is allowed on the windshield. Front Side windows: Must allow more than 50% of light in. Back Side windows: Any darkness can be used. Rear Window: Any darkness can be used."

OP
OP
MNstang

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
It is not about the tint... you seem to be going through something right now. šŸ¤£

Tint keeps your car cool... unless you normally do 5% or something. Then you might want to lighten it up due to your old age and eyesight going out... lol
Not really - just thinking about tinting my windows as I look out over the frozen tundra of MN šŸ˜Ž
Sponsored