Sponsored

Things you'd like to see added to this gen or in the next gen Mustang

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
They definitely need to redesign the interior a bit so one has more headroom on the inside. Look at how low a Porsche 911 sits and how small it looks but yet when you sit inside it you realize how roomy it is and how much headroom you have. Last but not least realize how great visibility is. If somehow they could lower the dashboard he got as well would be great.
100% agree about headroom.

I think most of us are satisfied with the amount of headroom we have and visibility is not bad at all. That said, more would be good too. But do not expect anything until 2028 at this point. The 7th gen. (S650) is going to be built on the same architecture as the current car.
Most will be satisfied. I wasn't and others aren't. However, this car is the best bang for your buck imo. I bought it with the intention of increasing the head room with an aftermarket seat. The seat has been the best investment ever to be able to have a sporty car and to sit comfortably. Having this seating position stock would be nice though.

Things I'd like on the new mustang are cameras. A 360 camera view option like tesla has would be nice. Automatic foldable mirrors. Dimming side mirrors. A comfort mode for magneride. Liftback. Bring back the optional glass roof or bring a targa top.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
I never understood why the vert PP1 does not come with a spoiler.
Neither do I. :angry:

They don't credit you for either the deleting of the stock spoiler, nor for the missing pedestal spoiler from the package. Plus, they make a convertible compatible pedestal spoiler for the CS package, so they have one in stock already.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Bring back the optional glass roof or bring a targa top.
I would love to see some additional roof options added.

Other things on my list include:
  • Additional leather color options(A nice natural brown color like BMW's Tartufo would be nice)
  • HUD(for those asking, it's not just about a speedometer, modern ones give nav directions)
  • Widescreen infotainment(secretly praying they don't give us the vertical oriented screen from Explorer/Mach-E)

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
I would love to see some additional roof options added.

Other things on my list include:
  • Additional leather color options(A nice natural brown color like BMW's Tartufo would be nice)
  • HUD(for those asking, it's not just about a speedometer, modern ones give nav directions)
  • Widescreen infotainment(secretly praying they don't give us the vertical oriented screen from Explorer/Mach-E)
I agree.

The Premium leather needs more color options. Given it is the Premium level, it should have at least the color range as offered for the base leather. A saddle color would be nice.

I don't like the large vertical, portrait, screens either. Another vehicle I own, has a large horizontal, landscape, screen. Much nicer. Plus I can optionally split the screen and display NAV and Music simultaneously.

Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
yup, carbon fiber roof, trunk, door panels and hood. Just bring $MONEY$.

They could use more aluminum not just the hood as in current models they should use it on roof and trunk also suspension parts should be aluminun doors ect..
Smaller engines with force induction should do it also.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd like to see a V12 engine as an option, but I'd be ok with a larger displacement V8 or a V10 instead. 6.5 liters displacement or so. Yes a V10 or V12 would be longer than a V8, but they could make the bore and stroke a little smaller/shorter and up the rev limit. That would make the engine narrower and not as tall, but make more power. It would keep the power per liter high without pushing physical limits too much. Something like the V10 in the new Lambos or the V12 in the Ferrari 812 Superfast. Being that it's Ford they could dial down the specific output a little for longevity. For example instead of using 5.2 liters to get 600 HP like the Lambo V10, they could have 6.5 liters and 650 HP. That would also give room for future HP increases.

And the engine should be dry sump to enable lowering the engine, hood and roof along with the windows. And then I'd like it if they would shrink the car at least 1 or 2 inches in every dimension (the hood might have to stay the current length and I'm ok with that). And inside the cabin the deleted inches should come out of the length of the rear seat. Right now that rear seat is too large in my opinion.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It would probably help meet emissions goals too. That's how the Viper got a v10. Plus, with cylinder deactivation, it could still meet fuel economy standards. This is just crazy enough to work...
I'm not crazy about the cylinder deactivation idea. I'd rather pay even a hefty gas guzzler fee over having that crap on my car.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
1st of all, Price reductions. A Dct trans option, a factory supercharger option for gt’s, brembos standard on all gt’s and ecoboost high performance models. Tremec replacement for all mt-82’s!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
He asked me what I’d like to see, he didn’t ask me whether Ford would do it or not...lol
Sponsored

Last edited: