Sponsored

What would you like to see in the s550 aftermarket?

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
What function would you like them to perform?
If I understand correctly, the original design was for ventilation of the rear brakes, so I suppose that would be their function now. Realistically I doubt that there are many cases where that is important with modern designs. My personal motivation for this design is purely aesthetic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
5ohh_kenny

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
there is not enough ambition in this thread.

we need mechanical engineer who will attempt to combine a Mustang GT with a Tesla for the ultimate hybrid electric car :

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/how-does-horsepower-figure-into-electric-cars.htm

The downside to a gas engine is that it must build RPMs through acceleration until it reaches its maximum power and torque.

The peak power of an EV is always at zero RPMs, which on the Tesla Roadster is 288 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque -- all of it as soon as you hit the throttle.

Remember, the Tesla Roadster S is about as fast as a Corvette Z06 with almost half its horsepower.
Love the idea and the enthusiasm. Think I should have provided more info in the original post. But there is no budget for this project. It's whatever I can spare as a broke college student and whatever resources I can scrounge up at school. The ev mustang would be a good graduate project though. A prof I had did a similar project with an old Mazda.

OP
OP
5ohh_kenny

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
Simple request. Something like the ford racing 8 ball design without the "ford racing" on the sides. I think it's tacky but they're the only ones who did it right so far... First shifter on American muscle website.

I already ordered theirs by the way but I've always felt labels like "ford racing" are tacky if you're not a member of the "ford racing" team.
On this subject I think an exposed carbon fiber shifter with a billet core would look sick. Not sure if it's possible to laminate carbon fiber sheets on such a tight radius but it would be worth the challenge.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
On this subject I think an exposed carbon fiber shifter with a billet core would look sick. Not sure if it's possible to laminate carbon fiber sheets on such a tight radius but it would be worth the challenge.
That would be sic. A CF shift gate would be awesome too. It would go great with my (soon to be) Carbon Fiber everything.
20170112_084836.jpg

Conedodger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-R
There's cheaper ways to reduce weight than that.
I know there are cheaper ways to get weight off the car but when you are trying to get weight out of the car without compromising drivability this is one you want to consider.

Wheels, seats, two piece brake rotors, Lion battery, and yes exhaust are all things you can do and maintain streetability.

Sponsored

Salt Ninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Premium with 50 Years Pkg
I would like to see a better seat belt retainer rather than a strap with a magnet like we have now. If I'm not using that strap retainer, the seat belt is digging into my neck. The problem with the strap is it will wear out after awhile and the magnet is not that strong so sit pops undone sometimes. It's not a huge deal but that would be a nice comfort upgrade to see.

OP
OP
5ohh_kenny

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
I would like an aluminum gated shift plate to replace the leather boot.
Interesting idea. And it might just work on an earlier model like the s197. But with the reverse lockout collar its pretty much impossible.
Sponsored