Sponsored

What would you like to see in the s550 aftermarket?

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Im a 3rd year mechanical engineering student and have just been tasked with a considerable design project. Being a mustang lover and s550 owner i immediately went to that. So my question to you all is what would you the consumers like to see/or see more of in the already vast aftermarket for these cars? Something with minimal R&D would be ideal(don't want to completely tear up my car). I have access to a good resource of 3d printers for prototyping.

My Idea
Automatic Shifter Assembly Kit: Possibly a manual clone so the knobs would be interchangeable and use the reverse lockout collar as the park lockout. If it isn't cost prohibitive, make the lockout collar out of carbon fiber. I know white madness garage has a product similar to this but the "lockout collar" is stationary and the balls travels downward to depress the button to free the gearshift.

Any additional ideas not directly associated to the s550 mustang are also much appreciated.

Thank you everyone for your input:thumbsup:
Being a pe mechanical engineer myself and assuming you will be using solid works or similar cad software for your 3d printer, here are your options below;

*Mustang shaped transparent emblems ( you can wire led at the back and light them up)
* Shift knobs
* E brake handles
* Tire valve caps
* Cellphone and tablet holders for interior dash and air vents
* Mounting assembly for dash cameras and radar detectors ( you can shape them as a mustang and use your imagination)
* HUD mounting assembly for cellphones and gps units
* An Led housing under the hood (When you open the hood at night, you can actually see inside

If you have access to cnc machinery and know how to program one, then you will have more options.
Sponsored

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Non Chrome versions of all the shiny bits in the interior. Door handles, PP toggle switches, radio dials, cup holder trim, shift knob trim, etc.
^This.

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I have to say like a few others, larger metal paddle shifters that aren't stick on would be awesome. I would buy some!

Conedodger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-R
Though this sounds awesome the cost would ultimately be a waste since you'll never see the exhaust unless your s550 is a car show queen. Furthermore Ti provides very little advantage over SS technically speaking.
You do it to take weight off of the car.

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
A plug and play solution to add PP gauges to non-PP cars.

Sponsored

slogan8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Something to replace the handles on the back of the front seats that folds them forward. I don't know what it is, but I hate those.

Sponsored

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
A radio bezel that allows the use of a double-din aftermarket stereo but still retains the factory look of the heater controls, traction controls and start button.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I honestly can't believe someone has not come out with a decently price set yet. I was scared at first about breaking the factory ones but so far so good. I am running a slick though. I'd love to know how common breaking them is because forums seems to hype up all issues.
Agreed. I read a few places on this forum that guys broke them being stock, and guys with some performance mods not breaking them. At least yet, anyway. They seem to be a highly recommended mod, but I'd like to see something in the $600.00-700.00 range. Not saying the DSS or G-Force half shafts aren't any good, because loads of guys seem to be happy with them. Lancaster huh? I'm right in your neck of the woods.

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Totally cosmetic, but fake hood vents for Euro/Asia spec owners who were deprived of them due to regulations. Maybe even some Ecoboost owners would like them?

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
an alternative to the Cobra Jet intake manifold that accept 90 millimeter throttle bodies and makes power to 8000 to 8200 RPM, also an alternative to GeForce and DSS for half shafts.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Check out the ones from AJ Hartman. They meet all of your requirements.
I'd love to see front canards for the S550 that look good, are carbon fiber, and don't look like a generic template that's been cut to fit. Mounting points located on the bottom side. APR's offering is the only option I've seen so far that meet these requirements. Would be interested in a 2-per side setup.
Close, very close.
Sponsored