Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
I really hope Ford doesn't jump on the big-fake-grill bandwagon. It looks dumb on an Audi. It looks dumb on a Toyota or Lexus. It looks really dumb on a Hyundai. They're not brands for Ford to emulate. I'm more into streamlined cars that have the right amount of grill, and don't fake it.
If a Ford was going to borrow cues from some other brand, my favorite Mustang rendering reminded me of an Aston Martin (you know... Back when Ford owned Dat Aston).

As for the rendering on this thread, I like that the grill area is consolidated in the middle, and the corners are smooth rather than having the fake scoops.
Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Ford at its best has had great styling that helped define industry trends. Ford at its worst has been just another me-too make chasing industry trends. <--You are here.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
it's a 'dead car walking' so really not surprising Ford mgmt would spend as little as possible. They need to milk the tooling and assembly line for all they're worth.
https://www.mustangspecs.com/mustang-sales-numbers-by-year/
https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/mustang-sales-throughout-years

I think they are hoping they'll manage to sell 50k units in the future and if it dips much below that they'll cancel the last car in the inventory and we'll all go buy Kia Stingers or Mock-E. I think the reason the Mock-E is a 'mustang' is so that in 10 years time there will be a large number of people who have been brain-washed (would you prefer the term 'influenced'?) into accepting it as a Mustang and will just capitulate to "progress".
Thanks for linking the chart. It shows to me that current sales of the Mustang are pretty good when compared to any but the first couple years and the release of the Mustang II, that the 2015 redesign was well-accepted, and that a redesign often produces a huge boost in Mustang sales.

I don't think you are saying this, but in my opinion it's a good business practice to change the fewest things possible and to keep product production costs down. I realize everyone here (including me) wants the Mustang to get lots of new stuff, better technology, etc. etc. However, we all want the PRICE to stay lower if possible.

So, it's Ford's job to make just enough of a change/improvement that the new Mustang will be desired (and purchased) by many of us.

I do wish that Ford would build a smaller, lighter Mustang like the Mustang II once again, but I don't want the V8 to go away. Their new design should take a cue from the Mustang II and be as small as possible while still accommodating a small V8.

I don't think the Mustang is a "dead car walking" any more than any other vehicle is. Ford has never spent a ton of money on the Mustang. And frankly I don't want them to. If they did the Mustang would probably end up being too expensive for me.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Interesting! It's one of my favorite features of my '19. The lines that come off of them look like ripples in fast flowing water that is going around a rock (or airstreams I suppose - which is probably more apt). Anyway - I think they're cool šŸ˜
I agree, it's probably the only thing I like better on the 18+ vs. 15-17 front end. I don't dislike the 18+ front end, to me, it just appears it's missing something when the fog lights position were moved.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I really hope the next Mustang looks like this... because my Mach 1 will continue on being more desirable and would probably hold its value better lmao

I really do think weā€™re just reliving Mustangā€™s past. The S197/S550 were like reliving the 60s... absolute world-beaters in performance per dollar, look incredible, fun to drive. Now with S650, weā€™re moving into the 70s, with awful designs and weight gain (hybrid systems and twin turbos are HEAVY), and next thing we know, the Mustang will be gone and the ā€œMustang IIā€, a.k.a. Mach-E, will ā€œcarry the torchā€... except this time, I donā€™t foresee the traditional Mustang making a comeback. Mustang will just be bastardized into a ā€œbrandā€ for a bunch of bland crossovers and maybe a single 4 door sedan that will all be powered by the same bland electric motors

God, the future sucks

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Man, I really hope the next Mustang looks like this... because my Mach 1 will continue on being more desirable and would probably hold its value better lmao

I really do think weā€™re just reliving Mustangā€™s past. The S197/S550 were like reliving the 60s... absolute world-beaters in performance per dollar, look incredible, fun to drive. Now with S650, weā€™re moving into the 70s, with awful designs and weight gain (hybrid systems and twin turbos are HEAVY), and next thing we know, the Mustang will be gone and the ā€œMustang IIā€, a.k.a. Mach-E, will ā€œcarry the torchā€... except this time, I donā€™t foresee the traditional Mustang making a comeback. Mustang will just be bastardized into a ā€œbrandā€ for a bunch of bland crossovers and maybe a single 4 door sedan that will all be powered by the same bland electric motors

God, the future sucks
Yes, it unfortunately does.
Sponsored