Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
If Stewart about 45 minutes away is a little town called Darien, has maybe 1 stoplight. At that stoplight is a place called B&J's. Crappy little buffet spot. Years ago it was Thursday when they did fried chicken, best fried chicken I've ever had.
its glynco georgia. Just looked, seems to be about 16 mins from Darien, so ill check it out! appreciate the recommendation

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
its glynco georgia. Just looked, seems to be about 16 mins from Darien, so ill check it out! appreciate the recommendation
Man I'm really missing some good southern food now lol. If you like good food, try not to get stationed at JBLM, WA. Everything here is mediocre at best. South and east coast are some of my favorite places work sends me. I'm a fatboy.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Man I'm really missing some good southern food now lol. If you like good food, try not to get stationed at JBLM, WA. Everything here is mediocre at best. South and east coast are some of my favorite places work sends me. I'm a fatboy.
im a huge foodie, as they call it.

im trying my best to go to germany or japan! (or really anywhere overseas)

ill keep in mind not to go to JBLM, WA though lol. If stateside id probably prefer florida, texas, or colorado.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Would someone please take a peek at camaro6 for me? It would be brutal if the dudes I made fun of relentlessly over there. Had the good sense to kill this topic after 100 posts. And we’re still going strong at 1000.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
No, you're girth enhanced. Get the lingo right, man.
I'm an on again off again weight lifter so I call it my bulking phase. Just got back into the gym after my longest bulk phase yet, something like 5 years...yeesh!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
im a huge foodie, as they call it.

im trying my best to go to germany or japan! (or really anywhere overseas)

ill keep in mind not to go to JBLM, WA though lol. If stateside id probably prefer florida, texas, or colorado.
Germany!!! There wasn't a bakery there I didn't get 100 grams of something. Deli sandwiches everywhere there is soooooo amazing and pretty cheap too. Actually, the 3 months I was in Amburg I never had a meal that wasn't amazing. Also bear is cheaper than soda. I was there up till mid December so I got to see all the holiday stuff too...epic! They have a group of people that do Krampus shows, basically a super small venue in a parking lot blasting 80's metal and running around with fire in demon costumes. Talk about a great time!!

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Germany!!! There wasn't a bakery there I didn't get 100 grams of something. Deli sandwiches everywhere there is soooooo amazing and pretty cheap too. Actually, the 3 months I was in Amburg I never had a meal that wasn't amazing. Also bear is cheaper than soda. I was there up till mid December so I got to see all the holiday stuff too...epic! They have a group of people that do Krampus shows, basically a super small venue in a parking lot blasting 80's metal and running around with fire in demon costumes. Talk about a great time!!
yeah! thats awesome! im reallllly hoping for germany, i have a lot of friends and family there. definitely my top pick.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Would someone please take a peek at camaro6 for me? It would be brutal if the dudes I made fun of relentlessly over there. Had the good sense to kill this topic after 100 posts. And we’re still going strong at 1000.
You're on all the forms haha

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Actually I’ve been kicked off that one twice for being mean to the same guy. Im Just an interwebs bully.:giggle:

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I have not seen in use a Camaro HUD. Is this what is so important, the RPM and Speed? Does it display anything else?
a11e999ee20dbb1c31ac7477f77352eb.jpg

You are telling me that your peripheral vision is so poor that you cannot also read the rpm and speedo right below it?

As a manual driver, I never look at the rpm gauge. I use my ears to know when to shift. Speedo is occasional. It is not something I need prominently displayed on the windshield. I know how to use the right foot to maintain speed.

Unless it does more, it is such a waste. Just another gimmick to break or to be distracting you

By the way, those two chrome pods that house the gauges look terrible. Also, how tiny is the info center section?

The 12" digital or regular dash at least is large enough to be legible and provide decent information.

This Camaro dash is better but I still do not like the area over the gauges.
1611237201143.png

Honestly, which is eariser to read, the HUGE GAUGES and LARGE digital number on the dash or the teenie tiny hud?

Unless you can program the hud to display other data, that is a useless toy.
That is not something that would make me buy a car.

I will say I wish Ford was able to display 4 extra digital gauges like the Camaro. On the 12" digital, we can only show 3 additional yet I think we have more real estate than they do.
This is how the new camaro setup looks btw. Not the same as that pic and imo looks better

20210122_092952.jpg

Kevindust

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 401A PP2 Active Exhaust, 2016 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Upgrade manual, 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
I generally don't have a good opinion of GM due to the 7 years I spent working as a mechanics assistant at an independent shop (part time while I was in school). The vast majority of the problem vehicles were GMs and it has stuck with me. I also have family members and friends that have bought GM and have had poor experiences. I'd would LOVE a '56 Nomad though (my Dad had a '56 Chev 2 door wagon until I was about 20.)

Having said that, I am not strictly brand loyal to Ford and I have also owned Toyotas, Hondas and Mazdas that I've thoroughly enjoyed. Based on the positive reviews, I definitely considered buying a Camaro last Fall. The primary reasons that I didn't get a 2020 Camaro are 1) there weren't any SS 1LE manuals within 100 KMs of me that I could go look at and test drive and 2) the cost. Another big factor is that I have a 5 year old and the Mustang is a significantly more practical car. The Ford has 14 cu ft of trunk space vs 9 cu ft for the Chev, larger trunk opening vs small opening and split folding vs single folding rear seats.

With regards to cost, at least here in Canada, the Mustang (GT PP2 401A Active Exhaust) had an MSRP $1600 less than the comparable Camaro (2SS 1LE with Nav). Furthermore, the available discounts on the Mustang were >$10K and the Camaro was only discounted about $3K, plus Ford had better interest rates. At the time of purchase, my PP2 was about $9K less than a comparable 2SS 1LE.

I never really considered a Challenger, they are simply far too large and heavy. They photograph well but in person they are comically huge. I did price one out for fun and a comparable Scat Pack Widebody Manual with leather, Nav, Convenience Group and Summer Tires is a whopping $9K CAD MSRP higher than my PP2.

I like to trash talk my Camaro friends but at the end of the day, both the Mustang and Camaro are currently excellent automobiles and I would love to get some seat time in a 2SS 1LE.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
This is how the new camaro setup looks btw. Not the same as that pic and imo looks better

20210122_092952.jpg
Sorry , it doesn't change my opinion. Useless toy. Way too small. Nowhere as visible as the driver's dash.

What I want to know is why the camel hump for the driver display? Why couldn't they have a level dash? Is it that the visibility would have been even worse out the front so they only raised it to accommodate the space and ergonomics? I think that is one thing that really bugs me. Some may like it or akin it to a pilot seat but I do not get a full wraparound feel with the rest so that too failed if that is what they wanted. Sure, many do not like the Mustang dash but theirs is based on years of nostalgia having the shape it has.

From this view, it looks like they extended a hood upwards that really wasn't necessary.

1611339533207.png

I also would have preferred the crotch coolers to have been mounted alongside the center display and to loose the thick heavy bezel frame from the center display. What, is this an 80's monitor? Had they done those three things it would have been nice. I do prefer the reduction of the chrome plastic though. I do love chrome but make it real metal or get rid of it. The fancy LED thin lightbar is cool for all of ten minutes. After that, I am just looking at it as something else to break and no one to provide parts for. I want a car built to last 25 years, not 3-5.

I do like that they retained all the easy access buttons under the display.

The seats are nice but I have nothing against my 401A seats. PP2 has heated and cooled and are a good fit for me but I had nothing bad to say for the Camaro either. Only the Civic Type R felt terrible.

There are something I like but others are just ways to raise the price that would never be found on a true race car. Do any motorsports have HUDs or any of these extras? I cannot be sure but I do not think so. To me, even the Mustang has too many toys. Sports cars should be minimalistic. Fine, make it comfortable to drive but leave everything out and save the weight from all the sensors and copper. I bet you could probably save well over 100lbs.

To each their own.

I bet if anyone took what they liked from each car, they would still end up with a car only some would like. There is no perfect interior. Only what we are will to live with.

Last edited:

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I know this is very data but for its time, I prefer this Camaro layout. Give me a modern version of this and I would be far happier.

1611340638494.png