Thoughts on explorer st

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
Anybody have one, driven one, rode in one? Thinking about getting one for my wife, can’t wait to get her gmc out of my garage. They look pretty sporty and with 400hp should move along pretty good. It sounds like the 20’s had a few issues so hoping the 21’s are a little better? Anybody have any real world experience with them? Good or bad
Sponsored

jmack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2002 F-250 7.3 PSD
My wife has a previous gen Explorer Sport, so not a direct comparison to the new gen ST you're looking at. But we both like it, the 3.5EB definitely wakes the car up, lots of passing power on the highway compared to 99% of other crossovers. Overall, it's been a good family hauler and has been reliable so far. The new RWD-based platform and updated 3.5EB should make it even better.

OP
OP
Jbraun2828

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
T
My wife has a previous gen Explorer Sport, so not a direct comparison to the new gen ST you're looking at. But we both like it, the 3.5EB definitely wakes the car up, lots of passing power on the highway compared to 99% of other crossovers. Overall, it's been a good family hauler and has been reliable so far. The new RWD-based platform and updated 3.5EB should make it even better.
Thanks jmack, my mother in law has a sport and it has way more go than the limited with the standard v6. We’ve had a 15 and 17 limited and both were dogs. I actually was planning on getting a sport until I saw the st. Both of our explorers were great cars just too slow. The st or the sport will definitely fix that problem. Anyway, we’re going to drive an st tomorrow and we’ll see what happens.

OP
OP
Jbraun2828

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
Thanks Cobra Jet, excellent write up! I was really impressed with it and we ended up driving it home. I was really hoping she didn’t pick black but of course she did. So now I have another black vehicle to take care of next to my Shelby and f350. I’ll post a pic when it’s cleaned up.... because it’s already dirty

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
father in law just got the explorer st. i havent ridden is this one but it looks great imo. he seems to like it just fine. he leases them so we have been thru a couple explorers, expedition and now this explorer st in the last couple years. all have been awesome. he says he likes this one the best out of those three over the last 3 years. 10 spd does wonders for those bigger heavy cars.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
We test drove one in black. Really liked it. The down side to black is obviously the upkeep. The up side is everyone thinks your a cop when your behind them. And they get the f#€k out of your way.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Ken from Palm Beach Dyno has one. He's posted draggy vids of him hitting 60mph in under 4 seconds. That's really impressive, bet that thing gives a few FCA Hellcat this and Hellcat that people-haulers a surprise every now and then.

OP
OP
Jbraun2828

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
Ken from Palm Beach Dyno has one. He's posted draggy vids of him hitting 60mph in under 4 seconds. That's really impressive, bet that thing gives a few FCA Hellcat this and Hellcat that people-haulers a surprise every now and then.
Yes just from reading a little on line it looks like a simple 93 tune will yield 70-75hp. That’s pretty impressive

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Anybody have one, driven one, rode in one? Thinking about getting one for my wife, can’t wait to get her gmc out of my garage. They look pretty sporty and with 400hp should move along pretty good. It sounds like the 20’s had a few issues so hoping the 21’s are a little better? Anybody have any real world experience with them? Good or bad
Yes, I have one. Its a 2020 in StarWhite. EXCELLENT SUV with nice HP. It's the perfect size. Edge ST was too small. An Exoedition/F150 was too big. It's sporty, handles great and has lots of goodies on it.

6f0a3ab361c3970e4dc61b3adbc48fa1.jpg

2020 Explorer ST_1.jpg

2020 Explorer ST_4.jpg
Sponsored