Sponsored

Explorer(buyer beware)

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
all set to buy a 2023 explorer. It s all picked out and sitting at dealer. due to the latest recall on the rear diff bolts and their band aid patch to fix it with a software update which puts the e brake ON anytime the vehicle is parked. They are not addressing the bolt and it mounting . Also another lawsuit and investigation into the software patch pulling torque that can be sent to the rear. All this to save stress on that bolt instead of fixing the bolt/mounting. These vehicle s don t need anymore restrictions to their performance . I feel I m not getting what I paid for. Ford seems clueless . After researching this latest issue to death I am not going to make this purchase.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Interesting. I sold my wife’s St we had for several years and bought new a few months back. Was a great suv.

joez3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Don't these cars have a do not sell order on them? I thought it was for a back up camera issue.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Makes me think of the dumb band-aid of putting thin Loctite on the outside of the joint of potentially leaky cylinder head core plugs on GT500s....

Some days lately I swear Ford can't find its ass with either hand. I've been following the boards for Broncos for over two years now with intent to order/purchase a 2-door for a weekend lake runner. I was all set to order a base with cloth and the 2.3/auto and a select set of options, but there was a hold on the model for a good chunk of the '23 MY. I got tired of waiting and, being a Jeep guy several times over previously, ordered up a JL Rubicon ragtop this spring as a placeholder. Now the '24s are out, and Ford killed the base model. Since I want the 2.3/auto, I'm now limited to two trims, both of which come with vinyl seats only (nice and hot with the top off), and for whatever reason I can't get an OEM ragtop unless I order it on top of the (dumb) standard hardtop. Meanwhile, pricing keeps spiraling upward, and quality issues never seem to quit according to the boards. I'm loving the Jeep (far better rig than my two JKs were) and might bail on the whole Bronco notion altogether. First world problems, I guess.

Enough ranting. I'm a Ford guy for the most part, but my experiences lately (we won't get into my '19 F150) make it easy to spend my money elsewhere.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I drove the 2.3 and it was ok, but being at elevation it was under powered for me. Went with the 6. My wife really likes it. The one thing Jeep had that I would have really liked was the power top. Haven’t had any issue’s with it but that’s what the warranty’s for. There’s not a manufacturer out there that doesn’t have issue’s here and there. Many are sharing similar components. Many times the manufacturers are being blamed for what is a supplier issue.

Makes me think of the dumb band-aid of putting thin Loctite on the outside of the joint of potentially leaky cylinder head core plugs on GT500s....

Some days lately I swear Ford can't find its ass with either hand. I've been following the boards for Broncos for over two years now with intent to order/purchase a 2-door for a weekend lake runner. I was all set to order a base with cloth and the 2.3/auto and a select set of options, but there was a hold on the model for a good chunk of the '23 MY. I got tired of waiting and, being a Jeep guy several times over previously, ordered up a JL Rubicon ragtop this spring as a placeholder. Now the '24s are out, and Ford killed the base model. Since I want the 2.3/auto, I'm now limited to two trims, both of which come with vinyl seats only (nice and hot with the top off), and for whatever reason I can't get an OEM ragtop unless I order it on top of the (dumb) standard hardtop. Meanwhile, pricing keeps spiraling upward, and quality issues never seem to quit according to the boards. I'm loving the Jeep (far better rig than my two JKs were) and might bail on the whole Bronco notion altogether. First world problems, I guess.

Enough ranting. I'm a Ford guy for the most part, but my experiences lately (we won't get into my '19 F150) make it easy to spend my money elsewhere.
Sponsored