JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
If your calling PBD ( smart man) let em know "iconic" sent you ;)

I believe, if your not planning on E85, stock injectors may be fine with intake/pulley/exhaust.... MAY, dont quote me on that as fact, ask the pro's
Will do! One last question. I may go e85 down the line, and looking at injectors the id 1300s are like $1800 but the injector clinic 1200cc are $1000. Are injector clinic good injectors or are the id 1300s worth the extra $800? I would rather not go with 1050s if im going to spend the money i want to get the bigger set.
Sponsored

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Will do! One last question. I may go e85 down the line, and looking at injectors the id 1300s are like $1800 but the injector clinic 1200cc are $1000. Are injector clinic good injectors or are the id 1300s worth the extra $800? I would rather not go with 1050s if im going to spend the money i want to get the bigger set.
No... go injector dynamics (ID). Im sure Steve agrees

OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
No... go injector dynamics (ID). Im sure Steve agrees
Ok I will if they are better. Definitely do not mind paying more for something if the quality is that much better.

hoot12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wes
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500 Black
It may be different now, but some tuners prefer ID'S because they are more efficient and can tune better with them.
If you listen to nothing us then hear this....do not skimp by when it comes to the fuel side of the horsepower equation because that is when things can go bad if you did. Not saying that you have to spend your life savings on parts but a few extra hundred here and there will get you the right parts and even give you room to grow as you drop pulley sizes or E85, etc.
Listen to iconic...he's been a pioneer for us all on these setups.

OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
It may be different now, but some tuners prefer ID'S because they are more efficient and can tune better with them.
If you listen to nothing us then hear this....do not skimp by when it comes to the fuel side of the horsepower equation because that is when things can go bad if you did. Not saying that you have to spend your life savings on parts but a few extra hundred here and there will get you the right parts and even give you room to grow as you drop pulley sizes or E85, etc.
Listen to iconic...he's been a pioneer for us all on these setups.
I definitely agree with spending more for quality parts. I just didnt know if the injector clinic injectors were a quality part or not. I will go for 1300s and i might go ahead and do the division x fuel rails as well just so I have peace of mind later down the road.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Ok I will if they are better. Definitely do not mind paying more for something if the quality is that much better.
Can you? you can, the tuner has to be made aware of it, there are differences. SHOULD you? No.

A few points to mention- For me, this car is the ultimate in street and race, so every tiny miniscule detail, i want to enhance its performance and reliability. I refuse to do things to this car that will take away 1 aspect of the cars overall character. With that, this is the one car, from the beginning, that i said i will spend the right money, to buy the right parts, put on by the right people, THE FIRST TIME- regardless of cost ( not saying i dont bargain shop, I of course do) You may have heard me say it before, or someone else: Do it right or do it twice - Every car ive modified previously was on a bargain, this will do just as good aspect - and every car, ive been burned by bad quality, every single car..

I highly suggest all 500s follow that guidance, it has served me well thus far.
Secondly, Fuel, as you can see is not to be skimped on - Now there are things your probably saying like, well, i can get a used set for XYZ - sure you can and save some money, but unless you know the seller, why risk it? you could be buying junk -I had this conversation with a guy here not long ago about this very subject.. so yeah, you can buy used, and its the brand you want.. but unless your going to send them out for cleaning and flow testing, you are putting an awful lot of blind faith in someone you dont know, that can cost a lot more than a set of injectors..

Lastly, there is a difference between swapping parts and upgrading - Do you really need 1300's right now? why? you want to make 1000hp or more? then yes, get teh 1300s , and the complete lethal fue system.. Do you want to make low 900's? then just get the 1050's we were all making high 8 low 9s on the 1050's no problem.