DW 400 Fuel pump

MightyMouse95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS3
Hey, I have a 2015 Mustang with Roush Supercharger. Sunday I upgraded to ID1050x, DW 400 Fuel pump, and the spark plugs. Since then when I go to start my car it takes me 5-10 to get it to start. It just cranks while fuel pressure builds up in the lines. I called DW they said it’s a bad check valve, get a new one installed today and it’s doing the same thing. I can’t see 2 pumps in a row being a bad check valve, any other ideas what’s wrong?
Video of it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
So when you press the clutch, can you hear the pump prime & shut off ?

Sponsored

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Hey, I have a 2015 Mustang with Roush Supercharger. Sunday I upgraded to ID1050x, DW 400 Fuel pump, and the spark plugs. Since then when I go to start my car it takes me 5-10 to get it to start. It just cranks while fuel pressure builds up in the lines. I called DW they said it’s a bad check valve, get a new one installed today and it’s doing the same thing. I can’t see 2 pumps in a row being a bad check valve, any other ideas what’s wrong?
Video of it.
Check valves that are starting to fail will vibrate or make a noise indicating that the valve has broken. A strange noise can also be a sign of 'water hammer' which is a high-pressure surge that occurs when the fluid comes to a stop or changes direction, often causing the disc to slam into the valve. Do you recognize an odd noise?

OP
OP
MightyMouse95

MightyMouse95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS3
Check valves that are starting to fail will vibrate or make a noise indicating that the valve has broken. A strange noise can also be a sign of 'water hammer' which is a high-pressure surge that occurs when the fluid comes to a stop or changes direction, often causing the disc to slam into the valve. Do you recognize an odd noise?
Not really, this is the 2nd pump I’ve installed in a week. Same issue.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Fuel pump is doing it's thing. Log the startup. Send it to your tuner.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I did, they couldn’t find anything wrong
Really ? That's odd. Cause it is taking a while to crank. I ask em to check how much timing retard there is on the start up.

OP
OP
MightyMouse95

MightyMouse95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS3
It’s being tuned by Lund, I highly doubt they are to blame, they are very reputable

OP
OP
MightyMouse95

MightyMouse95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS3
Really ? That's odd. Cause it is taking a while to crank. I ask em to check how much timing retard there is on the start up.
Also the time varies, if the car is on an incline where the front end is higher, it starts a lot quicker. Doesn’t seem tune related to me.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Also the time varies, if the car is on an incline where the front end is higher, it starts a lot quicker. Doesn’t seem tune related to me.
Well now haha. According to DW " • Note - pump does not have an integrated check valve"
Sponsored