Sponsored

Missing the cold start bark of the Voodoo

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Today I spent 5-10 minutes on YouTube listening to the cold start bark of the Voodoo and revving of that glorious engine to redline. I’m missing that sound since I traded in my GT350 for a C7 Grand Sport (power train warranty was nearly up and primary use the car for the track)
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
You know.....
You can buy another one ;-)

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Dump the C7 and get another one. Prices on used 350s are going up. C7 prices going down down. They can’t give them away.

Sponsored

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8

enjoy just hit play
I spend probably too much time listening/watching Youtube videos of this car. I somehow have not seen this one. I will definitely be blasting this on the home theater set up tonight.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Today I spent 5-10 minutes on YouTube listening to the cold start bark of the Voodoo and revving of that glorious engine to redline. I’m missing that sound since I traded in my GT350 for a C7 Grand Sport (power train warranty was nearly up and primary use the car for the track)
How are you liking the C7 on track? The grand sports can put down some seriously good track times for the price.)

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
TDC:
If you haven't seen this video... you need to!
If you have seen it, you will watch it again:

I bought my car because of the exhaust note from this video....!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I built a garage for an AC Cobra kit car.... then I watched this video way too many times and needed that exhaust note. The GT350 will NOT fit into that 3rd garage I built.
It is an addictive sound... we understand my friend!

Last edited:
OP
OP
TDC

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How are you liking the C7 on track? The grand sports can put down some seriously good track times for the price.)
It is an excellent track car. You can feel the weight difference, lower CG and is more chuckable in the slow tight corners. A new engine is $8-9k (long block assembly) so don’t have the fear of popping a motor. So far I have beat my GT350 PB times at each track so far. GT350 is amazing and the engine glorious. It has more personality than the C7 GS. Pure lap times though the C7 GS is about 1-2 seconds faster at a 2 mile track. Heading to Watkins in October so we’ll see how much faster on a 3 mile + track.
Would love to have both a GT350 (for street/track) and C7 GS(for track) but my wife can’t drive a manual and refuses to learn so one of my cars has to be an auto. The daily driver is a ‘19 Scat Pack Widebody Challenger with 8-speed auto. Least favorite of the three (big and heavy, clumsy on track) but it sure likes to roast the tires :)

OP
OP
TDC

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@TDC - Pretty sure I could re-build a blown motor for less than switching cars cost :)
It would be close but the deals during Covid were awesome and too good to pass up:thumbsup:
You are probably the most experienced at putting this engine together of the forum members and love the enthusiasm you have for 350. Hope this track season has been as fruitful as the others for you.

Last edited:

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
It is an excellent track car. You can feel the weight difference, lower CG and is more chuckable in the slow tight corners. A new engine is $8-9k so don’t have the fear of popping a motor. So far I have beat my GT350 PB times at each track so far. GT350 is amazing and the engine glorious. It has more personality than the C7 GS. Pure lap times though the C7 GS is about 1-2 seconds faster at a 2 mile track. Heading to Watkins in October so we’ll see how much faster on a 3 mile + track.
Would love to have both a GT350 (for street/track) and C7 GS(for track) but my wife can’t drive a manual and refuses to learn so one of my cars has to be an auto. The daily driver is a ‘19 Scat Pack Widebody Challenger with 8-speed auto. Least favorite of the three (big and heavy, clumsy on track) but it sure likes to roast the tires :)
Agreed. The C7, especially the Z06, is awesome on track. Dollar for dollar it’s not as cost effective as a gt350, but it’s kickass. Can’t wait for the C8 z06!

OP
OP
TDC

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah that NA flat plane 600hp motor (if the rumors are true) is going to be special. Unfortunately though no manual but I get it, the DCT’s help manage to put the power down and are ultimately faster but I love rowing the gears.
Sponsored