Sponsored

Custom GT350 knob from Billetworkz

gt350grant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I’ve had mine installed without a jam nut since day one. I used a washer sanded down to the perfect thickness to tighten it down nice and snug with perfect alignment.
No issues at all and it’s never moved.
So, from the base of the shifter, you've got: the adapter nut(bottomed out on the shifter), washer (that fits over the sleeve of threads and sits at the base of the adapter) and then the knob tightened to the adapter, sandwiching the washer?

No loctite and no movement? I'm impressed!
Sponsored

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
So, from the base of the shifter, you've got: the adapter nut(bottomed out on the shifter), washer (that fits over the sleeve of threads and sits at the base of the adapter) and then the knob tightened to the adapter, sandwiching the washer?

No loctite and no movement? I'm impressed!
Great description of exactly how in did mine, not a drop of loctite. It took a little time and patience to sand down the washer to the perfect thickness. I came up with this solution as I didn’t like how high it sat with the lock nut like you.

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Is everyone installing these with the jam nut + adapter?

I received my knob today(it looks and feels excellent btw) and went to install it. With the addition of the jam nut the knob sat up kind of high, so I gave it a shot with just the adapter. The adapter bottomed out on the shifter and I got the knob aligned where I wanted it.

My worry is that the only thing keeping the knob + adapter from moving is friction(or tension from the adapter bottomed out on the shifter).

Do I just suck it up and install the jam nut with it, even if it sits a little higher?

See pic for current install height(just the adapter nut). It looks similar to @Bcobb85 in post #84 of this thread.
Looks great. How long ago did you order yours? I'm still waiting for mine.

gt350grant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Great description of exactly how in did mine, not a drop of loctite. It took a little time and patience to sand down the washer to the perfect thickness. I came up with this solution as I didn’t like how high it sat with the lock nut like you.
Excellent, I'll let it sit as is and monitor any movement. Thanks for the input.

Looks great. How long ago did you order yours? I'm still waiting for mine.
Thanks. The photo quality is pretty embarrassing...doesn't do the knob justice. The turnaround was pretty quick, actually. I ordered and paid on 8/15 and received it today, 8/24. It was a super easy process with great communication from Austin at Billetworkz.

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Thanks. The photo quality is pretty embarrassing...doesn't do the knob justice. The turnaround was pretty quick, actually. I ordered and paid on 8/15 and received it today, 8/24. It was a super easy process with great communication from Austin at Billetworkz.
I'm assuming it was one he already had in stock then, not a custom one. I placed my order on 7/9. I'm trying to be patient but it is getting difficult to do so.

Sponsored

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
Excellent, I'll let it sit as is and monitor any movement. Thanks for the input.

Sure thing, no problem. Here’s where mine sits for comparison sake. Not the greatest pics but you get the idea.
4274504B-95B6-421F-99E5-D05801718F00.jpeg
F3814FD1-9E7F-4188-8619-077F91258CD3.jpeg

Deleted member 22592

I'm assuming it was one he already had in stock then, not a custom one. I placed my order on 7/9. I'm trying to be patient but it is getting difficult to do so.
Ordered on 8/1/20 and have still not received.

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I have kept in touch with Austin and he does reply. My last update this past Thursday was: "The first time I did the color fill, it did not set up properly. So I wanted to redo it to make sure it meets our quality standards."

Deleted member 22592

I have kept in touch with Austin and he does reply. My last update this past Thursday was: "The first time I did the color fill, it did not set up properly. So I wanted to redo it to make sure it meets our quality standards."
No doubt, Austin does reply! I sent email 2 days ago and he informed that my knob was finished and would ship in a couple of days.

Sponsored

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
No doubt, Austin does reply! I sent email 2 days ago and he informed that my knob was finished and would ship in a couple of days.
Did you get your shift knob yet?

Deleted member 22592

Did you get your shift knob yet?
Mine is supposedly on the way, it has been 2 months. No knowledge on what it take to set color fill correctly but that is what has caused delays. We will see if it actually arrives. As long as the wait has been I have very high expectations, hope I am not disappointed.

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Mine is supposedly on the way, it has been 2 months. No knowledge on what it take to set color fill correctly but that is what has caused delays. We will see if it actually arrives. As long as the wait has been I have very high expectations, hope I am not disappointed.
Thanks for the reply. Exact same reasoning was given to me was the fill wasn't up to par and had to be redone. I told Austin the same thing, my expectations are high and don't disappointment me. It has been 10 weeks now.
Sponsored