2019 active exhaust tips

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Has anyone changed out those boring cheap looking tips on their active exhaust? If so how did you go about it and what tips did you go with?
Sponsored

MischiefMaker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1, 401a, Magna ride, Active Exhaust
Would love to know as well!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Don't want to read 8 pages :D. But what's the verdict? Are there any bolt-on (as in 'slip-on') options? Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Arknsawchuck

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Don't want to read 8 pages :D. But what's the verdict? Are there any bolt-on (as in 'slip-on') options? Thanks.
Not that I came across. Everything seems to be a cut and mod slip over type approach. I'd really rather have new tips but they don't leave ya much to work with.

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1 6M Orange Fury
If you go the original thread, you will see what I did. It was not that big work. I bought 4 tips from eBay, and went to an exhaust shop where they cut the tip to length, slid them on and tack welded the back. Really very easy.

20200607_130125.jpg

OP
OP
Arknsawchuck

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
If you go the original thread, you will see what I did. It was not that big work. I bought 4 tips from eBay, and went to an exhaust shop where they cut the tip to length, slid them on and tack welded the back. Really very easy.

20200607_130125.jpg
So those have just been slid over the factory tips? If so they did a good job hiding the factory tips with those. Most I have seen look like slip ons and you can still see the factory tips which I do not like. Makes it look like a car that is trying to look like a sport package with fake tips.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
OP
OP
Arknsawchuck

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, read through all that and unless I just missed it they are all slip on type approaches. I don't like seeing a tip within a tip. Just makes me think cheap like some factory cars that are trying to look more performance. Just picky I guess.
I understand. But after driving a bit you cant even tell. I wanted to keep my factory active mufflers. Hated the tips and I am sure my 768whp makes up for it. LOL But I get it, I am picky too and decided I would rather have the tips this way over the factory way. Un-circumcised mufflers if you will. LMAO:crackup:

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1 6M Orange Fury
Yeah, read through all that and unless I just missed it they are all slip on type approaches. I don't like seeing a tip within a tip. Just makes me think cheap like some factory cars that are trying to look more performance. Just picky I guess.
We are all picky about our cars but you cannot tell even if you tried that there are other tips inside

OP
OP
Arknsawchuck

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
We are all picky about our cars but you cannot tell even if you tried that there are other tips inside
Beg to differ on that, go back to the old thread and look at some of the pics posted. I can see the factory tips on most of them. Now yours I can't, that is why I was wondering if they were slipped on. Maybe that rolled tip on your does a better job of covering the edge of the factory tips. Ebay ya say....what length did you order?

OP
OP
Arknsawchuck

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I understand. But after driving a bit you cant even tell. I wanted to keep my factory active mufflers. Hated the tips and I am sure my 768whp makes up for it. LOL But I get it, I am picky too and decided I would rather have the tips this way over the factory way. Un-circumcised mufflers if you will. LMAO:crackup:
Yeah, those active tips are my biggest complaint about my car...so cheap looking. And they dont leave you enough tip on the active to cut off and weld new ones on. Looks like slip on is the only option. Sad cause I have a set of sweet looking Roush tips from a standard muffle id love to put on. Just can't bring myself to cutting them up...lol

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
well... Look at the GT350. Its just a pipe free floating inside tips that are mounted to the bumper cover itself. Seems like a lot of auto manufactures are going that route now.
Sponsored