Roll Center and Bumpsteer Correction Kit

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium, 50 Years Pkg, DIB, MT82
Looking at the Steeda kit. I ordered most things last night for my suspension and looking to finish tonight or tomorrow. Is this kit worth it, or leave it alone?

BMR SP083s (Newest verision 7/8" front drop I imagine as it shipped from BMR from CJ Pony Parts)
FP Track dampers
Eibach bumpstops
MM Camber Plates
BMR CB005
RCLA bearings, rear shock mounts, toe to knuckle bearings, vertical links, etc.
FP Track Sway bar on front, going with stock GT or GTPP rear bar

Back road corner carver and car is a "Driver" but not a daily driver
Sponsored

OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the kit is worth it with your planned 7/8” front drop. Just the steering benefits alone, on a lowered car, make the juice worth the squeeze.
Appreciate the response. Is the install pretty easy? I've heard just getting the balljoint out is a little tricky but i'll get it. Should I let the springs settle then install? So the alignment is totally out of whack while i'm letting them settle?

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the response. Is the install pretty easy? I've heard just getting the balljoint out is a little tricky but i'll get it. Should I let the springs settle then install? So the alignment is totally out of whack while i'm letting them settle?
Getting the balljoints out was intense...many serious swings with a big sledge. Everything else is straight-forward, and you can see photos of the bump steer washer setup on this forum.

I would install all at once. Installing all the bits all together requires only one alignment at the expense of a very minor change in alignment specs once the springs settle.

OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Having just removed them to get additional camber for track use, I have to say I don't feel a noticeable degradation in feel. That may partially be due to the stiffer overall setup I have now vs last year and before. The arms narrow the track width ~0.2" on each side due to the height of the ball joint and fixed arm length, which limits the max camber. This also means that if you just go and install them, you'll have a ton of toe out. Definitely do not do them without a plan for alignment after.
Getting the balljoints out was intense...many serious swings with a big sledge. Everything else is straight-forward, and you can see photos of the bump steer washer setup on this forum.

I would install all at once. Installing all the bits all together requires only one alignment at the expense of a very minor change in alignment specs once the springs settle.
Sounds like some fun with the sledge. Isn't there a tool for ball-joint removal?

I was just going to install everything besides the springs, drive a little bit, then install the kit, and go directly to alignment after that. Is this even a better solution, or just completely disregard the settling springs worries?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
I've heard enough and ordered the kit! Just so anyone interested in the kit is aware, it does take 2 weeks, didn't know until after I ordered. Very excited to install all of my parts, just waiting on this kit, the bump stops, and the vertical links to arrive!

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
One side is always easy (drops out after a couple of hits).... the other is a bitch in my experience...
Fitted full suspension change this weekend, Ridetech Coilovers, Vorshlag camber plates & Bumpsteer kit - drop links, sway bars Front and rear a few weeks ago..
Ready for corner weighting and alignment tomorrow.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
One side is always easy (drops out after a couple of hits).... the other is a bitch in my experience...
Fitted full suspension change this weekend, Ridetech Coilovers, Vorshlag camber plates & Bumpsteer kit - drop links, sway bars Front and rear a few weeks ago..
Ready for corner weighting and alignment tomorrow.
Yes! I need to know how it is after you get some drive time.

OP
OP
DeepImpactCoyote15

DeepImpactCoyote15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
There isn't any power tool route for getting the ball joints out right? Like a chisel? I work for Hilti, just making sure lol

JustDSM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
There isn't any power tool route for getting the ball joints out right? Like a chisel? I work for Hilti, just making sure lol
https://www.harborfreight.com/3-4-quarter-inch-forged-ball-joint-separator-99849.html

This tool is pretty cheap and works great at getting the tie rods out.

For the lateral and tension links, you'd need this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0819Y6NHQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Made the installation of my extended ball joints and new tension links a breeze.

Sponsored

Goosey23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Looking at the Steeda kit. I ordered most things last night for my suspension and looking to finish tonight or tomorrow. Is this kit worth it, or leave it alone?

BMR SP083s (Newest verision 7/8" front drop I imagine as it shipped from BMR from CJ Pony Parts)
FP Track dampers
Eibach bumpstops
MM Camber Plates
BMR CB005
RCLA bearings, rear shock mounts, toe to knuckle bearings, vertical links, etc.
FP Track Sway bar on front, going with stock GT or GTPP rear bar

Back road corner carver and car is a "Driver" but not a daily driver
how are you likeing that set up? I'm eyeing the same set up but just need some more parts....

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
The ball joints were a bitch on my car. I could only get a basic thread/clamp style to split mine. Then the damn thing didn't open enough so I have to use a cutting wheel on the threaded part to fit the separator over the ball joint.

And then it was easy lol 😆
Sponsored