Sponsored

Steeds Roll center correction...bearing’s vs bushing’s?

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I’m looking to finally buy a set for my car as my control arms are currently inverted from me installing my ohlins setup.
I’m inclined to go with the bearings over bushings. However I’m not necessarily willing to transfer the fatigue the bushings absorb to something less easily replaceable.

are there any concerns with component fatigue further down the suspension? This Car will see plenty of autocrosses and a couple track days a year. I will be keeping this car forever and will see 150k to 200k miles eventually. (Currently at about 55k) i just don’t want it to fatigue components which can’t easily be replaced
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
You can order the kit with the bearings installed, so no worries there. I say go for bearings and call it a day. I only went for the stiffer bushing version due to driving in harsh winters.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
To be honest, the bearings would be easier to replace down the road than the bushings. Same procedure for each (a shop press), but the bearings have a hold-in clip so the fit isn't quite as snug as the original bushing surrounds, and there's a lot more surface to push on.

OP
OP
DivineStrike

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
To be honest, the bearings would be easier to replace down the road than the bushings. Same procedure for each (a shop press), but the bearings have a hold-in clip so the fit isn't quite as snug as the original bushing surrounds, and there's a lot more surface to push on.

Thank you for the responses so far. Not worried about replacing the bushings or bearings in the future.

my only concern is long term fatigue transferred to other suspension components (ie subframe etc...) from the increased rigidity/shock loads/ road vibrations transferred to those components from having a hard bearing vs a soft forgiving bushing

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP, 2020 VB GT PP
I just installed the the bearing control arms a few weeks ago and was finally able to get an alignment and tires this week end. Way different feel, tight and responsive.
Sponsored