Boosted 350's come on in!

Evo42

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350 - Ruby Red
I've been thinking about boosting mine. Maybe you folks that have actually boosted them could provide me some better, hands on information.

1) How has reliability been? I remember when the flatplane crank was first talked about, everyone talked about how a s/c would throw it out of balance and destroy the motor real quick. I've also heard that the tranny on our cars is shite for anything about 600hp? 700hp?

2) For those of you with the s/c, how has removing the swaybar affected stability? Have you noticed any drastic changes?

These two reasons are why I've considered going to TT route, but I'm more a S/C person myself, if I'm honest. Also, I frequently drive my car. It's my preferred daily driver.
Sponsored

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
Our entry supercharger package on pump gas is 14,999. https://www.fathouseperformance.com...platform/2016-gt350/package/700r-supercharged

We have a 800R supercharger package that has some more upgrades for 19,999. https://www.fathouseperformance.com...platform/2016-gt350/package/800r-supercharged

Nothing wrong with going the blower route, but you need to be honest with yourself. 800 hp may sound like a lot, but most adrenaline junkies will soon be wanting more. Going beyond the 800 hp range with blowers starts to get out of the efficiency range quickly and isn't something I would do on stock short blocks. While our turbo packages are not cheap, you do get what you pay for. The good thing about going the turbo route is when your ready for more power, it's just more supporting mods away. Our turbo kit from a 800R up to a 1200R package is the same. Only a minor turbo change is required for the 1400R package.

Bryanh24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Has anybody had experience with the Hennessey HPE850 setup?
Hey! I do have the HPE 850 package on my R from Hennessey. The car has been rock solid with no issues. Runs very strong and they do provide a 3yr/36k mile warranty on the motor which is very nice reassurance for me if anything were to happen. From what I have read the negative reviews have been from years ago. I think he tightened things up over there. If you have anymore questions let me know!

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I've been thinking about boosting mine. Maybe you folks that have actually boosted them could provide me some better, hands on information.

1) How has reliability been? I remember when the flatplane crank was first talked about, everyone talked about how a s/c would throw it out of balance and destroy the motor real quick. I've also heard that the tranny on our cars is shite for anything about 600hp? 700hp?

2) For those of you with the s/c, how has removing the swaybar affected stability? Have you noticed any drastic changes?

These two reasons are why I've considered going to TT route, but I'm more a S/C person myself, if I'm honest. Also, I frequently drive my car. It's my preferred daily driver.
I installed the P1X complete kit from Procharger on my 2017 350. I always say it woke the car up and initially satisfied the power itch I had been searching for. I was bitten by the boost bug however and so I need more. But for people that are happy with 700-750 at the wheels, this kit does that and some. Several people on here have had their 350ā€™s boosted for a long time with zero issues. I have no issues with mine as well.

With Procharger, no modifications are needed. So the sway bar is still intact. Iā€™m not sure what supercharger interests you, but I recommend Procharger from my experience. Thereā€™s plenty of room to grow with the P1X as well.

jimbonecrusher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250
Hey! I do have the HPE 850 package on my R from Hennessey. The car has been rock solid with no issues. Runs very strong and they do provide a 3yr/36k mile warranty on the motor which is very nice reassurance for me if anything were to happen. From what I have read the negative reviews have been from years ago. I think he tightened things up over there. If you have anymore questions let me know!
How long did the work take to complete? Any issues arise during the build process?

Sponsored

Evo42

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350 - Ruby Red
I installed the P1X complete kit from Procharger on my 2017 350. I always say it woke the car up and initially satisfied the power itch I had been searching for. I was bitten by the boost bug however and so I need more. But for people that are happy with 700-750 at the wheels, this kit does that and some. Several people on here have had their 350ā€™s boosted for a long time with zero issues. I have no issues with mine as well.

With Procharger, no modifications are needed. So the sway bar is still intact. Iā€™m not sure what supercharger interests you, but I recommend Procharger from my experience. Thereā€™s plenty of room to grow with the P1X as well.
Honestly, I've been considering the whipple. Consider me a sucker for the whine, but I'm hesitant to get rid of the sway bar. FatHouse or a hellion set up has been on my radar for the fitment reasons. For some reason I've just never considered a procharger. I do know that fitment is pretty straight forward and they're easy to setup/remove for that reason. I say I'm happy with 700-800 at the wheels but... I might want more. We'll see. N/A has been my life but I'd rather boost.

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I've been considering the whipple. Consider me a sucker for the whine, but I'm hesitant to get rid of the sway bar. FatHouse or a hellion set up has been on my radar for the fitment reasons. For some reason I've just never considered a procharger. I do know that fitment is pretty straight forward and they're easy to setup/remove for that reason. I say I'm happy with 700-800 at the wheels but... I might want more. We'll see. N/A has been my life but I'd rather boost.
Whipple has a whine and Procharger sounds like a jet. Both make cool sounds, both make good power. Reason I went Procharger is I feel itā€™s easier to use based on the power curve. But youā€™re right you probably will want more. I do and so I have more modifications lined up in the future. The Procharger kit like I mentioned has lots of room to grow. With a few easy add ons, a tune, and e85, I can take that 750 up to 900 rwhp. Maybe more. Either way, good luck with whichever kit you choose. You will love any one of them!

MNShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Whipple has a whine and Procharger sounds like a jet. Both make cool sounds, both make good power. Reason I went Procharger is I feel itā€™s easier to use based on the power curve. But youā€™re right you probably will want more. I do and so I have more modifications lined up in the future. The Procharger kit like I mentioned has lots of room to grow. With a few easy add ons, a tune, and e85, I can take that 750 up to 900 rwhp. Maybe more. Either way, good luck with whichever kit you choose. You will love any one of them!
Curious which add ons are you getting next? I'm in the same boat with a P1-X, but other than the OPG and Sprocket, I haven't touched anything else like exhaust, headers, etc..

Bryanh24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How long did the work take to complete? Any issues arise during the build process?
They picked it up and had it back to me in about two weeks. Did not have one issue with the build process and they sent back all the stock parts as I requested.

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Curious which add ons are you getting next? I'm in the same boat with a P1-X, but other than the OPG and Sprocket, I haven't touched anything else like exhaust, headers, etc..
well if all goes to plan, a boost a pump, a 3.85 or 3.75ā€ pulley, Lund tune with 91, 100 with Boostane, and e85, opg/cs, and the red race blow off valve. The pulley would bump me to 12psi and the combination of mods would net roughly 900rwhp Iā€™m guessing

Sponsored

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
the P1x is a very capable head unit. Iā€™m thinking a person could probably come close to getting 1000 rwhp out of the P1x before having to change stock internals.

SHELBYGT-350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Shelby GT350R
Our entry supercharger package on pump gas is 14,999. https://www.fathouseperformance.com...platform/2016-gt350/package/700r-supercharged

We have a 800R supercharger package that has some more upgrades for 19,999. https://www.fathouseperformance.com...platform/2016-gt350/package/800r-supercharged

Nothing wrong with going the blower route, but you need to be honest with yourself. 800 hp may sound like a lot, but most adrenaline junkies will soon be wanting more. Going beyond the 800 hp range with blowers starts to get out of the efficiency range quickly and isn't something I would do on stock short blocks. While our turbo packages are not cheap, you do get what you pay for. The good thing about going the turbo route is when your ready for more power, it's just more supporting mods away. Our turbo kit from a 800R up to a 1200R package is the same. Only a minor turbo change is required for the 1400R package.

Hey John, What are the main reasons that your supercharger packages include Whippleā€™s vs Prochargerā€™s?

I would like to keep my strut tower brace and that is the main reason I lean towards the Procharger. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Vectors2Final

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 BL Navi L/19 GT350 Ruby
I've been searching around for boost gauge setups without much luck.

I saw one person do the OEM gauge in a 350, but most of the setups I've seen are meh.

MNShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase

I saw one person do the OEM gauge in a 350, but most of the setups I've seen are meh.
Same. I want to do something that's not too crazy, but looks like it 'should' be there. I was thinking of the Shelby gauge pod if I could find 2 other gauges that make sense.

https://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/kit-g.htm

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500

Same. I want to do something that's not too crazy, but looks like it 'should' be there. I was thinking of the Shelby gauge pod if I could find 2 other gauges that make sense.

https://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/kit-g.htm
I went as factory looking as I could with the pillar pods and auto meters.. I had the same dilemma tho.

285BC87A-8C8B-4E54-A8E5-33CB7CBBE6DB.jpeg
Sponsored