Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
So trying to get some details on the D1X versus the P1X - they are largely discussed together on the procharger website. Is one rated more for the street versus dragstrip? Or is the D1X just a beefier version of the P1X? Thanks!
I have the stage two P1x on my 350. Even with the box tune and 91 it pulls damn hard starting 3k and the further you rev it out, the harder it pulls. I feel the P1x kit was the perfect one to start with at 9psi.
Sponsored

MNShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys - what I'm reading supports that. It seems to pull sooner than the D1X, but D1X is rated higher in the end.

Jordan are you at Ft. Riley? I used to live in Ogden but would travel to Manhattan to cruise around in my 88 5.0 GT back in the day.

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys - what I'm reading supports that. It seems to pull sooner than the D1X, but D1X is rated higher in the end.

Jordan are you at Ft. Riley? I used to live in Ogden but would travel to Manhattan to cruise around in my 88 5.0 GT back in the day.
I have lived in manhattan since I finished my undergrad at KSU so like the last 8 years. Are you still living in the area?

MNShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Nah that was back when I was in the military - living in Minnesota now. But that was a great place to be. Lots of places around there to spend money and get into trouble. :sunglasses:

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Ah I see. Yes you are right. Luckily I outgrew that because a person can get themselves in trouble in a college town!

Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500

That’s right. The d1x matches the rpm’s and linear nature of the voodoo engine. The d1x is the u it recommend for the 350 stage II high output kit 800rwhp kits.

MNShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I called them when I first got my GT350 to get a quote. Ended not going with them and got a procharger instead. I liked their package but read a lot of negative reviews online. Not sure if any of it is true though, just a disclaimer. Hopefully someone here has had 1st hand experience.

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
Hi everyone, just installed a month ago a stage 2 IC system with the P-1X 9 lb boost kit. My car is stock. I used the supplied tune (93) , One thing that was not made clear in the instructions was the importance of using the correct plugs, NGK 6510 gap to .030. It's makes a difference. Other than that unit is very high quality and fits perfectly.Power is HUGE from 4000 rpm to redline, as others have said. Stock power left you wanting just a little more, this is perfect! A couple comments on driving from stock, On initial start there is a "Hiccup" before engine smooths out. Also in sport mode driving around normally there is a noticeable throttle sensitivity from stock tune which can get old. Maybe some one can comment on that. Driving in normal or track mode throttle is much calmer as in the stock tune. There is very little heat "Sag" after running compared to my 07 GT500. I'm glad I went this route:clap: THANKS to all who have contributed to this topic !

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone, just installed a month ago a stage 2 IC system with the P-1X 9 lb boost kit. My car is stock. I used the supplied tune (93) , One thing that was not made clear in the instructions was the importance of using the correct plugs, NGK 6510 gap to .030. It's makes a difference. Other than that unit is very high quality and fits perfectly.Power is HUGE from 4000 rpm to redline, as others have said. Stock power left you wanting just a little more, this is perfect! A couple comments on driving from stock, On initial start there is a "Hiccup" before engine smooths out. Also in sport mode driving around normally there is a noticeable throttle sensitivity from stock tune which can get old. Maybe some one can comment on that. Driving in normal or track mode throttle is much calmer as in the stock tune. There is very little heat "Sag" after running compared to my 07 GT500. I'm glad I went this route:clap: THANKS to all who have contributed to this topic !
I have a feeling I know what you are talking about when it comes to the sport mode vs track mode. I was noticing that today when I was out testing it. My sport mode seems to be much snappier and almost like it was tuned differently than track mode. Is that similar to what you are experiencing or am I way off?

Sponsored

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
I have a feeling I know what you are talking about when it comes to the sport mode vs track mode. I was noticing that today when I was out testing it. My sport mode seems to be much snappier and almost like it was tuned differently than track mode. Is that similar to what you are experiencing or am I way off?
I think that's it. Not a big deal, it just seemed more pronounced than when stock. I read somewhere that the modes between normal,sport and track are set from the factory for different throttle response. Thanks for the reply.

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I think that's it. Not a big deal, it just seemed more pronounced than when stock. I read somewhere that the modes between normal,sport and track are set from the factory for different throttle response. Thanks for the reply.
Of course. Not a problem!

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Has anybody had experience with the Hennessey HPE850 setup?
Better do your homework on them. Heard a ton of negative stuff about them and their packages are way over priced.

jimbonecrusher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250
Better do your homework on them. Heard a ton of negative stuff about them and their packages are way over priced.
I am trying to find reviews but all I can find is the car mag reviews. Still searching for customer reviews. I asked and the initial price is ~$25k. Then if I deliver and pick-up the vehicle the prices is ~$20k. $5k just in transportation fees? That's crazy. I was also concerned about the warranty stuff.

The more I think, I have become interested in the Hellion Sleeper kit. No crank pulley to deal with, so no issues with bearing wear or tension on the crank. Complete bolt-on. With a little bit of engine work, it can create more horsepower.

The hard part is putting FI on an engine with such high compression. Definitely would need new rods, pistons, and valve springs in the future. There was a great article on the Hellion system that make four digit power. The critical upgrade was keeping the new H-beam rods and pistons the exact same weight as the stock parts so as to not throw anything out of balance with the flat plane crank.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
idk if this is a new company but it seems more and more are coming out with "packages" with blowers for the gt350. this company uses the P1X procharger and offers 1000 crank hp for $17,750 OTD which includes all parts, install, tune, e85, etc. definitely lower price than the hennessey...

Sponsored